Reload this Page >

Real sizzler on the way

Real sizzler on the way

Old May 15th 2004, 6:20 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Real sizzler on the way

Don't forget to slip slap slop, Brits! 20 degrees C!!!

BRITAIN will go balmy this weekend with high temperatures and blue skies almost everywhere, weather experts predicted yesterday.

A Met Office spokesman said: “Summer has arrived. The weather will be good for the next few days. Temperatures are going up and are going to hit 74°F (24°C) next week.

“There’s a good chance of rain in the Highlands of Scotland, but otherwise it’s looking good.�

Most Brits got a taste of what is to come yesterday, with much of the country bathed in sunshine.

Warmest was Pershore, Worcs, with 68°F (20°C).

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004222449,00.html
Old May 15th 2004, 6:45 am
ABCDiamond

Just about Winter here in Brisbane, Long sleeve shirts and Trousers are coming out to replace shorts etc.

Weather today:

Sunny
(L) 10°C (overnight)
(H) 24°C

Old May 15th 2004, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

glhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Has been quite mild so far here in NZ by our standards. 10 - 17 degrees middle north island. Maybe because wer'e generating alot of heat over the fuel costs. $1.21 for low grade $1.26 for high grade.

Hey, is it true that if you are a PR in OZ and have no work the Govt will pay towards the cost of renting a house?

Graham
Old May 15th 2004, 6:54 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Real sizzler on the way

Originally posted by pleasancefamily

BRITAIN will go balmy this weekend with high temperatures and blue skies almost everywhere, weather experts predicted yesterday.

A Met Office spokesman said: “Summer has arrived. The weather will be good for the next few days. Temperatures are going up and are going to hit 74°F (24°C) next week.

“There’s a good chance of rain in the Highlands of Scotland, but otherwise it’s looking good.�

Most Brits got a taste of what is to come yesterday, with much of the country bathed in sunshine.

Yep rang my mate today ... well yesterday, if you get my drift and she said she had been in the garden hacking down a few unwanted trees etc and her face was glowing it was so burnt. Was a bit jealous although it hasnt been bad here in christchurch nz today (late afternoon anyway)
Old May 15th 2004, 7:03 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by glhall
Has been quite mild so far here in NZ by our standards. 10 - 17 degrees middle north island. Maybe because wer'e generating alot of heat over the fuel costs. $1.21 for low grade $1.26 for high grade.

Hey, is it true that if you are a PR in OZ and have no work the Govt will pay towards the cost of renting a house?

Graham
Yes, As long as you are getting more than the basic rate of Family Benefit:
Rent Assistance

Old May 15th 2004, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Yes, As long as you are getting more than the basic rate of Family Benefit:
Rent Assistance
Thanks ABC. We decided today that we will go to Brisbane area instead of Melbourne because of the weather and the fact that relatives from NZ visit that area regularly so will see more of them.

I'm looking for work ( Local Govt Civil Engineering) & will apply for as many jobs as pos. over the next month or so. However its a distinct possibility that I wont have a job when I arrive.

So any rental assistance will be appreciated. I must say that the Oz govt look after families much better over there than here (NZ)

Graham
Old May 15th 2004, 7:17 am
ABCDiamond

So any rental assistance will be appreciated. I must say that the Oz govt look after families much better over there than here (NZ)

Graham
Especially after this weeks Budget How many $$kids$$ have you got ?

What part of Brisbane are you looking at ?

Old May 15th 2004, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Especially after this weeks Budget How many $$kids$$ have you got ?

What part of Brisbane are you looking at ?
Any where from Noosa to lower Gold Coast - wherever I can get work. Will apply for job at Brisbarne City council on Monday. I dont like being unemployed but if i am Ill take Govt money in the meantime - make up for it when I start earning. I had a 1 hour phone interview from Noosa Council the other day for development Engineer but missed out. I am bringing 5 kids over (3,6,10,13,15) and my 17 yr old is coming over in Feb 05. I also have a 19 yr old daughter - dont know what she'll do yet. No i'm not a Catholic I just never got around to counting (joke).

Graham
Old May 15th 2004, 7:42 am
ABCDiamond

I am bringing 5 kids over (3,6,10,13,15) and my 17 yr old is coming over in Feb 05. I also have a 19 yr old daughter - dont know what she'll do yet. No i'm not a Catholic I just never got around to counting (joke).

Graham
Not sure the country can afford you here
You'll still be getting some benefits even if you are on $100,000 per year !

Old May 15th 2004, 8:38 am

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point

It is amazing how your body aclimitizes to the different weather. Back home 24 degrees would seem like a scorching hot day, beach weather, but here 24 degrees seems cold. The kids dont even want to swim in our pool or go to the beach, but back home we would be complaining of how hot it is!!!We bought all our winter coats over from home and never thought we would need them, but it is certaining getting colder at the end of the day. perhaps we will get to were them afterall.
Louisa
Old May 15th 2004, 8:53 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Damn Graham, all you need is Alice and you can be the Oz Brady Bunch.
Old May 15th 2004, 9:17 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain
Old May 15th 2004, 9:26 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

lol
Old May 15th 2004, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Ulujain
You surprised me there because my 19 year old is named Alice. Shes staying in NZ (boyfriend and all that) but we hope they both come over.

Graham
Old May 15th 2004, 9:47 pm
PommieLeague

Originally posted by pleasancefamily

20 degrees is hardy heatwave stuff is it! Its a nice springtime temperature is that. This country is such a joke, when it goes bonkers when a bit of sunshine appraoches!

24C here in Manchester, last year it reached 38C in August.