Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A Real Kick In The Guts.

A Real Kick In The Guts.

Old Sep 19th 2004, 9:54 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Real Kick In The Guts.

Originally Posted by Grayling
Donna
If you look on the BPS website I gave you a while ago there should be something about a code of conduct.
There should also be a complaints procedure if you choose to take this further.

Good luck

G
Thanks G,we have it.
Donna.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

johnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs down Re: A Real Kick In The Guts.

Just finished reading your thread, feel gutted for you and your family. This whole process is emotionally draining as it is, I can not imagine how you must have felt having to deal with this tactless, insensative, cruel, heartless, .........rude word, another rude word and many more>>>!!!!!
I think i know where you would have liked to have stuffed her money!
I hope, firstly that YOUR SON is doing ok, and that secondly you and your family get your visas. Good luck to all of you.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 6:42 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Bit late catching up on this one....but no less stunned. My god Donna, absolutely unbelievable!

Name, shame, report and kick up a real stink. Tell DIMIA, get her off the DIMIA list quick-smart (that'll hit her in the pocket), report her to the BMA, the Nuffield group and any other authority going. I'd claim your money back while you're at it, or seek compensation for distress caused. Not that any of that can undo what's done, but at least it gives you somewhere to direct your anger. As one who recently won an Ombudsman case against my local city council, these things can take effort, but boy can they be worth it in the end to ensure that someone else is spared the same treatment.

I've said it before, but a good present dad is a million times better than a crappy absent one. He may not be Andrew's dad in blood, but there's a hell of a lot more to it than that, and he's been there, he is the good present dad.

Sending voodoo-esque rage to the evil doctor, cyber hugs to you all
Old Sep 19th 2004, 6:49 pm
Bite my shiny metal ass!

treefrog is an unknown quantity at this point

I cannot believe the sheer insensitivity and stupidity of this woman. Even if she didn't know the situation, she should have offered both you and Andrew a heartfelt apology. It's the greatest credit to Andrew that he didn't go into hysterics there and then, let alone do so well in his tests!

I hope you'll forgive me for presuming to offer advice - I'm trying to imagine how I'd have felt in the same situation as Andrew, and what I'd need and want to know. I agree with NickYC in the sense that you must now be completely honest with Andrew. It may take him some time to absorb the shock he has received and it may well have some delayed or long-term effect. Tell him that whenever he feels like talking you will answer all his questions. I'm sure there is no need to suggest that you reassure him over and over that he is your son and that you love him. He sounds like a very intelligent young man to me and I'm sure he realises, as Bettytweena said, anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a Dad!

I really, really wish the best for all your family, and I believe that this dreadful incident will leave you with a stronger family bond than ever.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 7:31 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bordy
Thinks you would make a good Aussie PM Kala.
Yeah right, I'd have to be JD'd up all the time to come up with any good ideas.

Hope all is going better for all the MADSADS xxx