Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

real estate salesperson

real estate salesperson

Old Feb 20th 2009, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default real estate salesperson

Hello

Could anyone help me, what is the Uk qualification needed for this job. Its on the SOL list.
I have done searches etc, but i can not find the info i need, so i was wondering if anyone on here would know.

Many thanks

Last edited by paula 1; Feb 20th 2009 at 10:43 am.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 3:03 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: real estate salesperson

At first I thought you were joking, and I had to look it up myself.

It is on the SOL list,
ASCO Code 3293-15
40 points
SOL = Yes
ENSOL = No

And the occupation may be nominated under the Employer Nomination Scheme but not under the General Skilled Migration categories.

My amazement is due to the high number of Real Estate salespeople who are short of work these days.

In my area, some figures from the local Real Estate agencies show sales for the last 6 months at 16 and 11, for what I would class as the top two agencies.

That is:
16 homes reported sold in the postcode 4165 (last 6 months)
and
11 homes reported sold in the postcode 4165 (last 6 months)

That is an average of one sale per week, combining both agencies.
Not much appears to be moving.

You can check out Salesperson registration requirements, for QLD, at:
and http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/re...on-licence.htm

and for a fully fledged agent:
You can check out licence requirements, for QLD, at: http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/re...ate-agents.htm

Old Feb 21st 2009, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
At first I thought you were joking, and I had to look it up myself.

It is on the SOL list,
ASCO Code 3293-15
40 points
SOL = Yes
ENSOL = No

And the occupation may be nominated under the Employer Nomination Scheme but not under the General Skilled Migration categories.

My amazement is due to the high number of Real Estate salespeople who are short of work these days.

In my area, some figures from the local Real Estate agencies show sales for the last 6 months at 16 and 11, for what I would class as the top two agencies.

That is:
16 homes reported sold in the postcode 4165 (last 6 months)
and
11 homes reported sold in the postcode 4165 (last 6 months)

That is an average of one sale per week, combining both agencies.
Not much appears to be moving.

You can check out Salesperson registration requirements, for QLD, at:
and http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/re...on-licence.htm

and for a fully fledged agent:
You can check out licence requirements, for QLD, at: http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/re...ate-agents.htm
Useful - how did you find the total sales by postcode, do you have a link?

The List is nonsense IMO, it has so many trades on it, we know hundreds of aussie tradies, bris and melbourne and all are scratching for work, yet list says shortage, it also said travel agents I mean come on, it has to be a joke.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Useful - how did you find the total sales by postcode, do you have a link?

The List is nonsense IMO, it has so many trades on it, we know hundreds of aussie tradies, bris and melbourne and all are scratching for work, yet list says shortage, it also said travel agents I mean come on, it has to be a joke.
I have to say I am amazed that either an estate agent or a travel agent should even need qualification, since I would have thought most of it was taught after you join. What is there to learn - most of the agents I have ever dealt with have been muppets yet seem to earn loads by cirtue of the fact they are in a job that will generally always have demand with high margins.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Originally Posted by paula 1
Hello

Could anyone help me, what is the Uk qualification needed for this job. Its on the SOL list.
I have done searches etc, but i can not find the info i need, so i was wondering if anyone on here would know.

Many thanks
I though the uk qualification was ex-double glazing salesman.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 9:34 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I agree, I applied 8 or so years ago when my IT skills were on the MODL list despite the dot.com crash that was in the process of unfolding. There was one hell of a lag before those skills dropped off the list, at least a year.