British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Real Estate Query (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/real-estate-query-278409/)

moneypenny20 Jan 18th 2005 4:33 pm

Real Estate Query

Does anyone else have a nightmare opening up realestate.com? It takes me ages, sometimes having to refresh. Then I finally get as far as the red map, click on Queensland and it all stops. I am on broadband.

Whilst on the subject, why is ljhooker never mentioned when people suggest agents? Are they rubbish. Lots of others are, but ljh never:confused:

FozzieBear Jan 18th 2005 4:40 pm

Re: Real Estate Query

Have the same problem here :/

Some nights are better than others though.

Fozzie

chatty34 Jan 18th 2005 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by FozzieBear
Have the same problem here :/

Some nights are better than others though.

Fozzie

I am on AOL broadband and sorry but no not having any problems. But then again I only go on it once or twice aday :o

Have you saved lots of properties to your list, because I did used to have problems, but once I had emptied my lists it was a lot faster.

Sharon

ABCDiamond Jan 19th 2005 12:17 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Does anyone else have a nightmare opening up realestate.com? It takes me ages, sometimes having to refresh. Then I finally get as far as the red map, click on Queensland and it all stops. I am on broadband.

Whilst on the subject, why is ljhooker never mentioned when people suggest agents? Are they rubbish. Lots of others are, but ljh never:confused:

Don't mention LJH to me !!

However, we will all have problems with RE agents at some time, and it isn't fair to blame a whole group for the actions of a few, so I suppose we shouldn't tar them all with the same brush. But still...... don't mention LJH to me :)

Hels Jan 19th 2005 12:54 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

However, we will all have problems with RE agents at some time, and it isn't fair to blame a whole group for the actions of a few, so I suppose we shouldn't tar them all with the same brush. But still...... don't mention LJH to me :)

LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH

:p :D

ABCDiamond Jan 19th 2005 2:44 am

Originally Posted by Hels
LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH LJH

:p :D

LOL (putting fingers in ears) :D

mlbonner Jan 19th 2005 3:41 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

We're with LJH. The agent who is selling our house is actually the same person who sold it to us originally! Can't say they're fantastic, but we're in no hurry to sell at the moment either. The main reason we went with them is because my partners footy coach works for them. As he referred us to our local ones, he'll get some money (quite a few thousand) on sale of the house, which he has in turn said he'll give to us. After our hols (going in 2 weeks) we may consider another/extra agent.

Lori&Andy Jan 19th 2005 4:36 am

Unfortunately Realestate is always slow, too many banners and adds. In our experience if you see something on there for rental if that's where anyone is looking, it's not always up to date either. There is another site www.domain.com.au it's quicker to load but doesn't have as many properties advertised. Best of luck with it.

Lori

moneypenny20 Jan 19th 2005 10:04 am

Can't remember the last time I got as far as looking at a house on it :( Sorry ABC but I can at least access LJH's site to get an idea of what we are looking for. Will try the domain one as well.

Hels: PMSL - nice one :cool:

asfry Jan 20th 2005 1:49 pm

I had problems with the website, turned out that a lot of the functionality on the site is java script which my firewall was blocking. I had to put an exception the my firewall software to allow javascripts from that website to run and seems to be ok now. I also changed my browser from IE to Firefox which has helped with the speed of the site aswell. Too many damn adverts on it wasting valuable bandwidth.

I prefer domian.com.au as it orders the properties in order of the suberb by default. Not so many ads either.

Jimbo9 Jan 20th 2005 2:17 pm

Give http://www.justlisted.com.au a try - usually pretty quick

stephenwhite68 Jan 20th 2005 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Lori&Andy
Unfortunately Realestate is always slow, too many banners and adds. In our experience if you see something on there for rental if that's where anyone is looking, it's not always up to date either. There is another site www.domain.com.au it's quicker to load but doesn't have as many properties advertised. Best of luck with it.

Lori

sorry but just tried that domain.com.au and it was rubbish
did 2 searches of areas that on realestate come up with loads and neither of them had one hit, will not be using that again.

samnrob2 Jan 20th 2005 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Jimbo9
Give http://www.justlisted.com.au a try - usually pretty quick

Think justlisted.com.au is just NSW tho' - isn't it?

Rob

Jimbo9 Jan 20th 2005 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by samnrob2
Think justlisted.com.au is just NSW tho' - isn't it?

Rob

Sorry - I didn't realise that

swaizeboon Jan 20th 2005 2:37 pm

hi read your message today about real estate. com. it is slow but you should either check your cookies settings or if you have an email popup blocker, this will be blocking you form seeing the whole web page. hope this helps.