Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Real estate market in Perth

Real estate market in Perth

Old Oct 26th 2010, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future
Default Real estate market in Perth

You got to be kidding me, our shed looks better than this http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...ater-106928909
$430K-$460K I wonder how long this one will be on the market for way better properties are not selling at the moment
Old Oct 26th 2010, 11:07 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Real estate market in Perth

Well according to the papers today we're going to need another 500k people in the next 10 years to deal with the resource boom. Don't expect prices to go down if thats the case.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 11:27 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I've always though Edgewater was a good, under priced suburb. OK, this place needs a bit of TLC but even in this crazy bubble I don't think this place is too bad. You'd pay the same for Balga or Clarkson.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

It's been a bit quiet on the property thread front of late I suppose. There's plenty of recent threads if you care to read. QLD and WA have been dealt with as areas of interest right now.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Worst house in the street is supposedly the best way to buy.

Needs a concrete render thats for sure. Could come up great with 100k spent on it.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 26th 2010 at 11:48 am.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Worst house in the street is supposedly the best way to buy.

Needs a concrete render thats for sure. Could come up great with 100k spent on it.
Even if you can get an already renovated one for the same price or less I don't think so.
Some houses in Edgewater are since beginning of 2010 on the market, one since Aug 2009 (!) and those are mostly the ones that need 'just' a bit of TLC
Old Oct 26th 2010, 1:34 pm
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthine
You got to be kidding me, our shed looks better than this http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...ater-106928909
$430K-$460K I wonder how long this one will be on the market for way better properties are not selling at the moment
What a gem! Spot the kitchen cupboards that extend OVER the window, held up by an angle bracket on one end and balanced on a rod on the other.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

upyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Perthine
Got to be either a mortgage repossession or the owners kicked the bucket ( one wonders if ' the owner has transferred ' has a deeper meaning than first realised) .
Even the most retarded WA bogan, and they are more common than you may imagine, wouldn't be so dim as to try and sell a property without pulling 1m high weeds from their alfresco.
You will find some fruit trees in the garden is highly optimistic, may find is more realistic.
Quite a high ( relatively) standard of real estate agent advertising going on here. No out of focus pictures of toilet walls or stairwells, and no mention of highly sort after area. This agent has potential to rise above his/her peers, and become somewhat mundane.
Am I the only person who hates the proliferation of 1970's free standing cookers in houses here? I absolutely will not rent with one of them in the place. Jesus, I hate the bastard things with a passion.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kalenge
What a gem! Spot the kitchen cupboards that extend OVER the window, held up by an angle bracket on one end and balanced on a rod on the other.
The kitchen cupboards - you gotta love it
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:21 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

remember in Perth Location is a million times more important than the quality of housing. You can still have a nice new house but if you live in an area that is not desirable by local standards they will laugh at you.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Weebie
remember in Perth Location is a million times more important than the quality of housing. You can still have a nice new house but if you live in an area that is not desirable by local standards they will laugh at you.
Yeap, true, but this is neither a million location nor the best street in Edgewater