Reload this Page >

real estate jobs

real estate jobs

Old Mar 7th 2005, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

shelley77 will become famous soon enough
Default real estate jobs

Hi

Does anyone have any idea how much your looking at earning by working in real estate ?

my husband is a top senior agent here in the UK and has over ten years experience in the trade ?

Thanks

Old Mar 7th 2005, 11:32 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: real estate jobs

Originally Posted by shelley77
Hi

Does anyone have any idea how much your looking at earning by working in real estate ?

my husband is a top senior agent here in the UK and has over ten years experience in the trade ?

Thanks

Most Real Estate Agents offer a basic of $1,000 per week, but a good agent earns over $3,000 per week.

You do need to take a State based exam.

What area are you heading for ?

Old Mar 8th 2005, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Hi there,

Based on listing and selling one house per month an average income per agent would be approx. $3,500 per month, however an above average agent should be able to achieve 4 sale per month earning approximately $14,000 per month. All this depends on how good they are.

The top agents in Brisbane (from 10k CBD) earn anywhere between $150,000 & $250,000 per year, these would be in the top ten for real estate in the suburbs they are working in and surrounding suburbs. Nearer the city they would earn alot more.

The reason I know this is because I am sitting next to a real estate agent (a family member) who has just told me all this He is currently in Brisbane and is setting up his own agency.

You will have to get a licence (takes one week and about $500). But the agents who he would work for would give him a hand with that.

Which area are you looking a relocating to?

Mandy
Old Mar 8th 2005, 9:35 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by scrawni
You will have to get a licence (takes one week and about $500). But the agents who he would work for would give him a hand with that.
There are two types of licences. One is to work as a Real Estate salesman, and the other is to operate your own agency. Do you know how complicated the second option is ?

Old Mar 8th 2005, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

ABC,

To operate your own agency he said that:

There is a 12 week fast track course, cost about $5,500.

He has just said that it has taken him quite a while to sort out though.

Mandy
Old Mar 8th 2005, 10:21 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by scrawni
ABC,

To operate your own agency he said that:

There is a 12 week fast track course, cost about $5,500.

He has just said that it has taken him quite a while to sort out though.

Mandy
Hmm Interesting, maybe I should do that $5,500 course, then employ some salestaff, and then just do the books for the business, and keep 50% of the overall income

Old Mar 8th 2005, 10:25 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Hmm Interesting, maybe I should do that $5,500 course, then employ some salestaff, and then just do the books for the business, and keep 50% of the overall income

Hahahaha sounds easy but aint quite like that. Have to pass the test but also have to achieve certain levels of selling and money etc
Old Mar 8th 2005, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

He is currently looking for staff but only paying trainee wages at the moment.

Mandy
Old Mar 8th 2005, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Most Real Estate Agents offer a basic of $1,000 per week, but a good agent earns over $3,000 per week.

You do need to take a State based exam.

What area are you heading for ?

We are possibly heading for Melbourne at the moment as I am going to study at college to get a qualification to help us pass for PR

My husband, with out sounding too big headed is very very good at what he does and is in a very high posisiton hear - would the agents in OZ take on board his cv to see what he can do or would they just take him from the begining ?

Old Mar 8th 2005, 10:19 pm
ABCDiamond

We are possibly heading for Melbourne at the moment as I am going to study at college to get a qualification to help us pass for PR

My husband, with out sounding too big headed is very very good at what he does and is in a very high posisiton hear - would the agents in OZ take on board his cv to see what he can do or would they just take him from the begining ?

From what I have seen, most guarantee a minimum basic and then commission, at about 40-50% of the charge made to the customer.

eg:
Monthly sales 4 at $400,000 at 3% charge = $48k , then say 40% to the agent = $19,200 commission. Do the same each month = $230k gross. A good agent can negotiate 50%

Old Mar 9th 2005, 8:19 am

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't answer your question but just thought Shelley29 should introduce herself to Shelley77 - 29 heading for Sunshine Coast in the summer. Let's have a drink if we ever get to meet!!
Old Mar 9th 2005, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shelley29
Can't answer your question but just thought Shelley29 should introduce herself to Shelley77 - 29 heading for Sunshine Coast in the summer. Let's have a drink if we ever get to meet!!

no worries !!!!