British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   real estate (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/real-estate-111138/)

Garyp Sep 8th 2002 6:04 pm

real estate

Hi
can anyone tell me if there is a site in melbourne similar to the reiwa site in wa
Thanks

ywoods Sep 8th 2002 7:10 pm

Re: real estate

You can try http://www.domain.com.au/ which is for all of Aus....

Yvonne :)

6 :eek: days til we leave, 8 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Originally posted by Garyp:
Hi
can anyone tell me if there is a site in melbourne similar to the reiwa site in wa
Thanks

Robert Edwards Sep 8th 2002 10:08 pm

yes all the states have similar sites:
www.reiv.com.au

"Garyp" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi can anyone tell me if there is a site in melbourne similar to the reiwa site in
    > wa Thanks
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Garyp Sep 9th 2002 5:27 pm

Originally posted by ywoods:
You can try http://www.domain.com.au/ which is for all of Aus....

6 :eek: days til we leave, 8 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Thanks to you both for that.
Yvonne, what suburb have you chosen to go to? we are trying to get info on the suburbs to steer away from and the ones to go for but we arent getting very far. we have 2 kids and intend to try melbourne in about 12 months time. we have already got the visas and have been back living in jersey for the last 18 months after living in perth for 11 months. I couldnt get work in perth as a building site manager but there seems to be a lot more on offer in melbourne so we are doing up a house here to get the bucks back in and then off again.
Good luck on the week end.
Gaz

ywoods Sep 9th 2002 5:32 pm

Hiya Gary...

My hubsta already lives in a suburb called Moorabbin which is south east. To be honest I have no idea what it is like as the time I spent there was not looking at the scenery (if you get my drift) but from what I can gather, it is not a bad area to live in (bear in mind I am in North East London so loadsa scope there) and it is not too far from the CBD.. all in all for me it is perfect as I crave peace and quiet and it is very quiet there :) If you can hang on in there I will be able to tell you more in about a month :) How old are your kids? Mine is 15 so schools might be another issue I cannot help with ....

And thanks for the good luck :) I bid you the same :)

5 :eek: days til we leave, 7 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Yvonne, what suburb have you chosen to go to? we are trying to get info on the suburbs to steer away from and the ones to go for but we arent getting very far. we have 2 kids and intend to try melbourne in about 12 months time. we have already got the visas and have been back living in jersey for the last 18 months after living in perth for 11 months. I couldnt get work in perth as a building site manager but there seems to be a lot more on offer in melbourne so we are doing up a house here to get the bucks back in and then off again.
Gaz

Garyp Sep 9th 2002 5:46 pm

Originally posted by ywoods:
Hiya Gary...

My hubsta already lives in a suburb called Moorabbin which is south east. To be honest I have no idea what it is like as the time I spent there was not looking at the scenery (if you get my drift) but from what I can gather, it is not a bad area to live in (bear in mind I am in North East London so loadsa scope there) and it is not too far from the CBD.. all in all for me it is perfect as I crave peace and quiet and it is very quiet there :) If you can hang on in there I will be able to tell you more in about a month :) How old are your kids? Mine is 15 so schools might be another issue I cannot help with ....

And thanks for the good luck :) I bid you the same :)

Hi Yvonne
My daughter is 11 and my son is 7.
he cant wait to go back but chloe is not so sure as she has just got back into things here and has made some new friends at here new school now. never mind, we know that there is a better life over there and you dont need to spend 280 to 300 pounds on a starter home as you do here, mind you, its a bit dearer in melbourne than perth isnt it?
Gaz

Garyp Sep 9th 2002 5:49 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Garyp:
[/QUOTE
That should read 280 to 300 THOUSAND pounds

micky Sep 9th 2002 6:09 pm

Try
www.realestate.com.au
Shona xx

ywoods Sep 9th 2002 6:28 pm

Again ignorance surrounds me... I have no idea about Perth whatsoever.... :(

Yvonne :D

mind you, its a bit dearer in melbourne than perth isnt it?

daler Sep 9th 2002 8:26 pm

Gaz

Gary,

I am relocating to Melb hopefully Nov latest and will be getting married in Feb. My future in laws live in Bentleigh which is ideal for a family, also check out Oakleigh, 20 mins from CBD. As regards work, I am in recruitment in the UK. You might like to try a recruitment firm called Hill McGlynn. www.hillmcglynn.com.au who cover positions in your field. From my time there recently i get the feeling you would get fixed up easily enough.

Dale