Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Real Chips in Burleigh Heads

Real Chips in Burleigh Heads

Old Dec 21st 2006, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Real Chips in Burleigh Heads

Just in case anyone is interested. I came across some real chips (I mean made out of real peeled potatoes not frozen foam) in a little fish shop at Burleigh Heads. The were really nice as they were also battered It is called the Fish Hut and it is just past Domino's.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 7:17 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Real Chips in Burleigh Heads

Originally Posted by debsy
Just in case anyone is interested. I came across some real chips (I mean made out of real peeled potatoes not frozen foam) in a little fish shop at Burleigh Heads. The were really nice as they were also battered It is called the Fish Hut and it is just past Domino's.
We were surprised by Aussie fish and chips.......you choose your fish, have it cooked how you like and then theres two types of salt to choose from too!!! You also have the chips by the dollars worth!!! We are heading to close by Burleigh Heads, Tallebudgera Valley, in the New Year, where abouts are you guys? C x
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Work in Burleigh Heads, so just might have to treat myself one lunch time. Thanks for that.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
We were surprised by Aussie fish and chips.......you choose your fish, have it cooked how you like and then theres two types of salt to choose from too!!! You also have the chips by the dollars worth!!! We are heading to close by Burleigh Heads, Tallebudgera Valley, in the New Year, where abouts are you guys? C x

You have to be careful ordering chips by the dollar worth - I was buying for four of us so thought $8 sounded about the right amount ... talk about chip mountain!!! Yes, you can understand why we have put weight ON since we came here

Julia
Old Dec 21st 2006, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Burleigh heads is one of my fav places on the coast. great places to eat. great beaches and great parks for the kids.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

We are in Varsity Sound. Not far from Burleigh.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 12:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We are in Varsity Sound. Not far from Burleigh.
When did it become Varsity Sound. That's not where I sent the card

It's just me that isn't that keen on Burleigh then
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypen20
When did it become Varsity Sound. That's not where I sent the card

It's just me that isn't that keen on Burleigh then
Got it today thanks Pen Says Varsity Sound at the entrance round the corner lol. I have yet to post mine :scared:
Anyway, I love Burleigh - much better than Main Beach
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 12:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Got it today thanks Pen Says Varsity Sound at the entrance round the corner lol. I have yet to post mine :scared:
Anyway, I love Burleigh - much better than Main Beach
Where's Ali?
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Where's Ali?
Here still.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 11:34 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAYMAC
You have to be careful ordering chips by the dollar worth - I was buying for four of us so thought $8 sounded about the right amount ... talk about chip mountain!!! Yes, you can understand why we have put weight ON since we came here

Julia
The guideline I was given was $1 of chips per person.

Old Dec 22nd 2006, 11:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
The guideline I was given was $1 of chips per person.

I haven't seen them by the dollar. We get offered different size boxes
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 11:47 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't seen them by the dollar. We get offered different size boxes
It's a guideline for when you need more than minimum chips (or small chips)
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 12:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
It's a guideline for when you need more than minimum chips (or small chips)
oh ok. ta.