Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ready to go to NZ

Ready to go to NZ

Old Nov 16th 2003, 6:17 pm
New Zealand Bound

rickandkara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ready to go to NZ

I prelimary booked my flights on Thursday.
30th November - Manchester to Orlando via Gatwick.
12th December - Miami to Auckland via LA.
2 adults and 2 children - £2,274

When I rang about availability these were the best flights I could book going before xmas. My biggest concern is we not yet exchanged on the house; the survey is back and all clear, searches were requested on Thursday. What do you think our chances of exchanging in 2 weeks will be (first time buyer no change).

Anyway really looking forward to it, we're going to do Disney World then travel New Zealand for 10/14 days before we settle down.

Lots to do in the next 2 weeks.
Old Nov 16th 2003, 6:26 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ready to go to NZ

Originally posted by rickandkara

When I rang about availability these were the best flights I could book going before xmas. My biggest concern is we not yet exchanged on the house; the survey is back and all clear, searches were requested on Thursday. What do you think our chances of exchanging in 2 weeks will be (first time buyer no change).

Anyway really looking forward to it, we're going to do Disney World then travel New Zealand for 10/14 days before we settle down.

Gosh thats a really good price who did you book with PM me if you can I need flights asap

Its all up to your and their solicitors and searches tell them you "need" to complete thats what Im doing tomorrow
Old Nov 16th 2003, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Ben.M is an unknown quantity at this point

What do you think our chances of exchanging in 2 weeks will be (first time buyer no change).
I'd say virtually nill! Even if you both had solicitor's who are on the ball I think it extremely unlikey that they could get all the paperwork done in 2 weeks.

I've just exchanged on mine after almost 3 months from accepting the offer and it was a cash buyer! The buyer was keen but his solicitor was dragging her feet and in my opinion, was incompetant. Unfortunately there is little you can do other that keep hassling your lawyer and putting pressure on the buyer to hassle theirs!

Good luck,
Ben

P.S. I leave 4 days before you so can sympathise with everything you're going through!
Old Nov 16th 2003, 7:16 pm
New Zealand Bound

Originally posted by sky
Gosh thats a really good price who did you book with PM me if you can I need flights asap

Its all up to your and their solicitors and searches tell them you "need" to complete thats what Im doing tomorrow
I booked with www.roundtheworldflights.com, the ticket is a one way multi-stop 'discovery'. If you want to go before xmas you need to be quick flights are getting booked up quick. After the 9th December flight prices increase.
Old Nov 16th 2003, 7:25 pm
Drowning Member

Surfer Chick is an unknown quantity at this point

If all the paper work has already been done in theory you can exchange and complete on same day, but its not bloody likely is it.

I think your cutting it a bit thin, but keep pushing everyone, everyday, find out if there is anything you can do, go on a two hour journey to get some papers, whatever is necessary for it to work, it is possible. Keep Pushing....Yes its a bit like giving birth......a lot of huffing, puffing and swearing but its worth it in the end.
Old Nov 16th 2003, 7:46 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

we are veterans of moving, once moved in 5 wks complete, from viewing to completion it was a first time buyer buying ours and granted it was a family friend who was doing our conveyancing but it is possible we signed and exchanged same day.
Thanks for the link rickandkara
Old Nov 16th 2003, 7:50 pm
New Zealand Bound

Originally posted by sky
we are veterans of moving, once moved in 5 wks complete, from viewing to completion it was a first time buyer buying ours and granted it was a family friend who was doing our conveyancing but it is possible we signed and exchanged same day.
Thanks for the link rickandkara
www.roundtheworldflights.com

I didn't find the website great but if you phone them they are really helpful.

Kara
Old Nov 16th 2003, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

It took us about 10 weeks for completion in UK the solicitors were worse than useless. Comapare that to our house purchase in NZ, viewed house and made offer on the 14th July, we moved in on the 1st August. Half of that time was taken on price negotiation or we may have been in sooner.

Rob
Old Nov 16th 2003, 8:03 pm
sky
Banned

www.roundtheworldflights.com

I didn't find the website great but if you phone them they are really helpful.

Kara
Thanks first link said bad gateway
Old Nov 17th 2003, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Only wish I was doing the same

Best timeto do disney aswell, no queues this time of year.

As for exchange & completing house sell, Yes can be done, I exchanged & completed on same day, its all down to Solicitors, you've got to keep onto them.

Good luck and keep in touch with how its all goes