British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   re: are you new in melbourne ??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/re-you-new-melbourne-316068/)

shelley77 Jul 26th 2005 4:10 am

re: are you new in melbourne ???

Hi everyone

we have recently moved to Melbourne from the UK and would like to meet with others who are like us and don't really know anyone yet !

We have been in Melbourne for about 3 weeks and if anyone would like to join us for a drink then let us know.

Lets hope for the rain to go soon !!

Shelley and Darren :beer: :beer:

Hels Jul 26th 2005 4:14 am

Re: are you new in melbourne ???

Originally Posted by shelley77
Hi everyone

we have recently moved to Melbourne from the UK and would like to meet with others who are like us and don't really know anyone yet !

We have been in Melbourne for about 3 weeks and if anyone would like to join us for a drink then let us know.

Hi and Welcome!!

Where in Melbourne are you? People are pretty spread out when it comes to Melbourne.

We are actually up in Bendigo so unfortunatly cant just pop out for a drink in Melbourne but we are down there quite a bit on weekends.

How are you finding it so far? Had you been to Melbourne previously??

Hels

ozzieeagle Jul 26th 2005 4:26 am

Hi everyone

Errr, your not Brighton supporters are you lol ;) ?

I've just come back, from a spell in Crawley, besides other places, however once work starts again tomorrow (dammit), will be hard to get my wife and I together in once place.

Anyway welcome, Cold innit :cool:

shelley77 Jul 26th 2005 4:33 am

We aren't brighton supporters !!!!

we did live near crawley in the uk though ( horsham )

thanks for the welcome and yes it is cold !!

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Errr, your not Brighton supporters are you lol ;) ?

I've just come back, from a spell in Crawley, besides other places, however once work starts again tomorrow (dammit), will be hard to get my wife and I together in once place.

Anyway welcome, Cold innit :cool:

shelley77 Jul 26th 2005 4:35 am

Hi

we have been here before a couple of years ago, it's nice here although not very nice with the rain !

we are in melbourne city at the moment although possibly intend to move out once we are a bit more knowledgable of melbourne and it's surrounding areas.

if you ever fancy meeting up let us know it would be nice.

shelley and darren

Originally Posted by Hels
Hi and Welcome!!

Where in Melbourne are you? People are pretty spread out when it comes to Melbourne.

We are actually up in Bendigo so unfortunatly cant just pop out for a drink in Melbourne but we are down there quite a bit on weekends.

How are you finding it so far? Had you been to Melbourne previously??

Hels

ozzieeagle Jul 26th 2005 4:38 am

Thank god for that.

There are meetings occasionaly, If I can manage to get my schedule in the same mode as my wife, then may see you at one, one day.

shelley77 Jul 26th 2005 4:42 am

we'll keep an eye out for any meets !

:) :)

=ozzieeagle]Thank god for that.

There are meetings occasionaly, If I can manage to get my schedule in the same mode as my wife, then may see you at one, one day.[/QUOTE]

ballyhoo Jul 26th 2005 6:45 am

Hi - what a coincidence.

We are are from Southwater, just outside Horsham, and moving to Melbourne in September!!

wongstonn Jul 26th 2005 8:59 am

Hi

Me, Pat and my young daughter would happily turn up to to people. We've been here around two months.

Neil

shelley77 Jul 27th 2005 3:55 am

Hi

what a small world it is.....let us know when you get here if you want to meet up for a drink.....we will leave it up to you.

shelley and darren

Originally Posted by ballyhoo
Hi - what a coincidence.

We are are from Southwater, just outside Horsham, and moving to Melbourne in September!!

shelley77 Jul 27th 2005 3:56 am

That sounds good, if you have any date or place in mind let us know, we are free most weekends.

we are living in melbourne in the city.

shelley and darren

Originally Posted by wongstonn
Hi

Me, Pat and my young daughter would happily turn up to to people. We've been here around two months.

Neil

ballyhoo Jul 27th 2005 6:47 am

Hi

what a small world it is.....let us know when you get here if you want to meet up for a drink.....we will leave it up to you.

shelley and darren

Will certainly do so and looking forward to it. Do you have kids? We have an 8 yr old and a 4 yr old.

wongstonn Jul 27th 2005 7:55 am

...and yes, small world. We were on the same train line as we were at South Croydon. Worked with loads of Horsham-ites

The MCs Jul 27th 2005 8:59 am

We arrive in Melbourne on the 13th of August. We too will be up for a meet shortly after that. Can't wait to go now and looking forward to the trip.
Good luck to all who are already there and to those who are also about to travel :beer:

shelley77 Jul 28th 2005 12:12 am

When you arrive if you wish to meet up then will be good....just let us know

Originally Posted by The MCs
We arrive in Melbourne on the 13th of August. We too will be up for a meet shortly after that. Can't wait to go now and looking forward to the trip.
Good luck to all who are already there and to those who are also about to travel :beer: