Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Re: Medicals/Frontloading !!!!

Re: Medicals/Frontloading !!!!

Old Mar 4th 2005, 10:56 am
tricky nicky

tricky is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Medicals/Frontloading !!!!

Can someone tell me how you go about getting your medicals done beforehand in order to frontload my application ,beacause i thought that they send you all the forms and doctors details when you have sent of the application and also does anyone no how to obtain police clearence ?
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medicals/Frontloading !!!!

Originally Posted by tricky
Can someone tell me how you go about getting your medicals done beforehand in order to frontload my application ,beacause i thought that they send you all the forms and doctors details when you have sent of the application and also does anyone no how to obtain police clearence ?
For the police check you just go to your local police station and ask for the form. If you have your passport, a utility bill and a cheque for £10 you can do it all there and then. They will send you your letter within a few weeks. As for the other question, I think it may depend on which visa you are applying for. If you spend a few minutes on here having a little search, you will find the answer. You can apply somewhere on the web for the med and xray forms and they get posted to you, you'll find the address if you look at the Australian gov site about visas and there you will find the list of panel doctors.
Good luck
Old Mar 4th 2005, 12:07 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think you can frontload de facto/spouse visas anymore. I have been searching DIMIA website for the forms with the intention of doing it for my visa, but no luck. I think they will send the forms once they have received the visa application
Old Mar 4th 2005, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Laurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really nice

I am applying from the US so it may be different here, but I just emailed DIMIA in Washington and they mailed me the forms.

The instructions for obtaining a police clearance are on the DIMIA website.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

We front loaded our defacto application in January. I think we phoned them and they posted the forms out to us.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

rita is on a distinguished road

Hi, check out the immigration forum, loads of stuff on frontloading. If you look at the Australian high commision website www.australia.org.uk (presuming you are from UK? otherwise check out other links on www.immi.gov.au) theres an email address on there and more info on medicals etc (http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/HTML/medical.html) you can email them and request the forms you need. Many people seem to get them done before hand and ask their doctor to hold onto them until they get a case number and then forward them ASAP. Otherwise they might get lost without a number, or so I've heard. This is for partner visas, don't know much about any other.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Ian_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura about

Hi
We had our medicals today, and have not sent our visa application off yet (next couple of days) we will send our police checks in with it. As for getting your meds done before hand find your doctor from the list in this link and just make an appoinment.

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/FORMS/DOCTORS.PDF

For the medical forms, you have to email Australia House in London.
The doctor will send the med forms and X-rays to Aus about a week later after the bood test results came back. (At least thats what he said) He said it would be fine as long as we sent our visa app off in the next couple of days.

Good luck with it
Old Mar 4th 2005, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

klmar is an unknown quantity at this point

[

The doctor will send the med forms and X-rays to Aus about a week later after the bood test results came back. (At least thats what he said) He said it would be fine as long as we sent our visa app off in the next couple of days.

Good luck with it[/QUOTE]
Do you not need a case number? Where will he send them to?
Old Mar 4th 2005, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Ian_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by klmar
[

Good luck with it
Do you not need a case number? Where will he send them to? [/QUOTE]
We put still waiting for case number in the box, and the doc said this was fine, as they should go by the other details as the're all being sent to the same place in Adelaide.
Old Mar 5th 2005, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Sophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura about

I frontloaded medicals for my Feb de facto application. Just phoned the dr (on the approved list) and made an appointment. I didn't have a case number - dr said he would send it on the high commission in London, and it obviously got there ok. Sent my police letter with the application.

Sophie
Old Mar 5th 2005, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sophie Louise
I frontloaded medicals for my Feb de facto application. Just phoned the dr (on the approved list) and made an appointment. I didn't have a case number - dr said he would send it on the high commission in London, and it obviously got there ok. Sent my police letter with the application.

Sophie
That is exactly what we are doing we sent our police checks off, and they arrived within two weeks. The only thing is they spelt Ian's surname wrong, but fortunately they have amended this and sent another and arrived today .
Old Mar 5th 2005, 9:29 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Acknowledgement e-mails are now being sent by DIMIA since the New year to everyone that selected the 'prefer to be contacted by e-mail option' on the form 47SK visa application around about the same time your credit card is debited by DIMIA. This e-mail was fairly standard but did give you your case file number (although not a case officer name) - I got my panel Dr to hold on to my meds and x-rays for a couple of days then phoned up when i recieved this e-mail to get them to fill in the back of the form with my case file number. Its very helpful of DIMIA to do this - I feel more relaxed knowing my meds and x-rays have a file number on them - I think many were getting lost before.

Unless your Dr uses a courier though you have no way of knowing if meds have arrived - my Dr insisted on using the international signed for service which is totally useless and they can't even track out of the UK - there is a thread somewhere on the forum about all the mishaps with this service. If I could do it again I would insist on a courier such as DHL being used for peace of mind (I used them all the way through and they were great) I am just hoping for the best at the minute - don't want to harass DIMIA by e-mailing to find out if my meds have been recieved.

Lynn
Old Mar 5th 2005, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

klmar is an unknown quantity at this point

[I am a bit dubious about frontloading Meds, as have read on here about them going missing. Also there seems to be a difference of opinion about where they get sent - Adelaide or Sydney.
Anyone know of an official site that explains where they go?
Old Mar 5th 2005, 10:59 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by klmar
[I am a bit dubious about frontloading Meds, as have read on here about them going missing. Also there seems to be a difference of opinion about where they get sent - Adelaide or Sydney.
Anyone know of an official site that explains where they go?
You don't really have to worry about it as the panel Dr has to send them directly to DIMIA - not you!

As I said - its standard at the minute to get an e-mail including case file number so as long as you wait for that and get it added on to your meds all should be fine.

On the other hand the only reason I frontloaded is because i'm a nurse - you have to take into consideration visa processing times as you only have 1 year from when the meds were done to enter Australia to validate your visa.

Not sure I would of considered it in another occupation though.

Lynn