British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   re-location location (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/re-location-location-503735/)

OZERJON Jan 5th 2008 11:32 am

re-location location

Hi everyone

I am looking for some advice on location in and around perth for my family and me to start are new life. I have a son who will be 16 and a daughter who will be 13. The area I am looking for will need to have good work prospects for myself as a plumber. My wife is very experienced in banking. My son will be looking to start further education. My daughter is currently invoved in acting and has appeared plays and has appeared in a short film which was shown in the london film festival. we would like to enroll her into a performing arts school or get her involved acting,singing and drama clubs.

I thank anyone for any advice given

all the to you all

Dawn-D Jan 8th 2008 5:16 am

Re: re-location location

Originally Posted by OZERJON (Post 5742765)
Hi everyone

I am looking for some advice on location in and around perth for my family and me to start are new life. I have a son who will be 16 and a daughter who will be 13. The area I am looking for will need to have good work prospects for myself as a plumber. My wife is very experienced in banking. My son will be looking to start further education. My daughter is currently invoved in acting and has appeared plays and has appeared in a short film which was shown in the london film festival. we would like to enroll her into a performing arts school or get her involved acting,singing and drama clubs.

I thank anyone for any advice given

all the to you all

Hi,

I'm new on here but after just returning from WA I can tell you what I found on a school/area. We went to Mandurah, which is about an hour south of Perth. I have family there and met lots of their friends and asked lots of questions. I asked particularly about dance and drama for my daughter and was told there was plenty of dance and drama clubs around this area, one of which was attended by the friends daughter.

Halls Head Community College (year 8, 9 and 10) quotes in its prospectus as having a performing arts area. Refer to: www.hallshead.com/ProfileInfo/Prospectus.php

A new train line from Mandurah to Perth also opened whilst we were there!

Hope this is helpful for you.

Good Luck!

Dawn

Dawn-D Jan 8th 2008 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Dawn-D (Post 5756062)
Hi,

I'm new on here but after just returning from WA I can tell you what I found on a school/area. We went to Mandurah, which is about an hour south of Perth. I have family there and met lots of their friends and asked lots of questions. I asked particularly about dance and drama for my daughter and was told there was plenty of dance and drama clubs around this area, one of which was attended by the friends daughter.

Halls Head Community College (year 8, 9 and 10) quotes in its prospectus as having a performing arts area. Refer to: www.hallshead.com/ProfileInfo/Prospectus.php

A new train line from Mandurah to Perth also opened whilst we were there!

Hope this is helpful for you.

Good Luck!

Dawn

By the way, I'd try another post re work prospects for yourself and your wife in these area and hopefully someone else can help you in that area!

Dawn

Dawn-D Jan 8th 2008 6:05 am

Hi,

I'm new on here but returned from a month in WA last week and hope that my research out there may be a little help to you.

We were in Mandurah which is about an hours drive from Perth and having a dance and drama daughter we looked at schools and asked loads of questions of my Aunt, Uncle and their friends. A daughter of one of their friends attended local dance and drama clubs and I was advised that there are plenty of them about.

Re schools, Halls Head Community College for years 8, 9 and 10 had a Performing arts area. Refer to prospectus:

www.hallshead.com/ProfileInfo/Prospectus.php

Mandurah also has a Theatre and a new train line taking you into Perth!

Don't know about what work there would be for Plumbers though as I didn't need to find that one out! Maybe post a separate query on that one for this area!

Hope this helps.

Dawn

OZERJON Jan 8th 2008 6:10 pm

thanks dawn for the reply intersting about performing arts school.

cheers