Reload this Page >

Re: A General Electrician

Re: A General Electrician

Old Oct 16th 2005, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

scheikh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A General Electrician

Hi Everybody;

I was wondering if somebody could help me alleviate my confusion about TRA requirements for an electrician.

I had learnt that one initial comment would be that to achieve a successful skills classification from TRA (Trades Recognition Australia) for electrotecnology you must be able to show a minimum of 7 years of trade training and relevant experience.

I do have 7 years of experience as an electrician and a trade diploma in electronics and electrical technology, so that suffices for the minimum experience requirement.

However,7 years trade training requirement is a bit confusing. As I stated above I do have a trade diploma, it took around 2 years of formal training and instruction prior to the commencement of employment. I d had on the job training as well, and it still prevails. Most of it can be proved as i have documentation for that, it should be 7 years inclusive of the diploma training.

Could somebody enlighten me more on this 7 years training requirement. I cant think of any other alternative to fulfill this 7 years trade training requirement besides formal training and on the job training.

And why is it that you have to fulfill this extensive requirement as an electrician. Other trades do not have such extensive training and work experience requirements, i do stand for correction though.

Regards.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 2:54 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A General Electrician

Originally Posted by scheikh
Hi Everybody;

I was wondering if somebody could help me alleviate my confusion about TRA requirements for an electrician.

I had learnt that one initial comment would be that to achieve a successful skills classification from TRA (Trades Recognition Australia) for electrotecnology you must be able to show a minimum of 7 years of trade training and relevant experience.

I do have 7 years of experience as an electrician and a trade diploma in electronics and electrical technology, so that suffices for the minimum experience requirement.

However,7 years trade training requirement is a bit confusing. As I stated above I do have a trade diploma, it took around 2 years of formal training and instruction prior to the commencement of employment. I d had on the job training as well, and it still prevails. Most of it can be proved as i have documentation for that, it should be 7 years inclusive of the diploma training.

Could somebody enlighten me more on this 7 years training requirement. I cant think of any other alternative to fulfill this 7 years trade training requirement besides formal training and on the job training.

And why is it that you have to fulfill this extensive requirement as an electrician. Other trades do not have such extensive training and work experience requirements, i do stand for correction though.

Regards.
try

http://www.workplace.gov.au/NR/rdonl...00527_6_05.pdf

and look at the skill pathway section

i can offer some pointers for you tra application if required just email me for futher info

regards

steve