Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

re-entering the U.K with ozzie passports.

re-entering the U.K with ozzie passports.

Old Dec 5th 2008, 2:44 am
Just Joined

pompey_princess is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re-entering the U.K with ozzie passports.

Hi everyone

I'm looking for a little advice if any of you are good enough to give it.
I am looking to go back to the U.K next year for 6 weeks. I have a British passport but my children have Australian ones. 3 of my children were born in the U.K and have dual nationalities and my 4th child was born here but i will be appliying for British citizenship for him. I cant afford to apply for British passports for them as the airfare alone is going to cripple me. Will they be allowed back into Britain with Australian passports if I take their birth certificates/citizenship certificate? I'm kind of kicking myself I didnt apply for their british passports before we came over here now but again it was money and they needed australian ones to be able to enter Australia.

Any advice anyone could give would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Allie
Old Dec 5th 2008, 2:52 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: re-entering the U.K with ozzie passports.

I'm not sure why you feel you need to provide evidence of their British citizenship. Surely they will just the enter the UK on the Australian passports as would any other Australian. You are after all only talking about a holiday aren't you?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 2:54 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see why they wouldn't be allowed into Britain, just like any other australian citizen with an australian passport. Effectively they are tourists on a holiday and would be allowed in without needing visas with a maximum stay of 6 months, is it? Sure someone will be along to give you a definitive answer.

Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bcworld
I'm not sure why you feel you need to provide evidence of their British citizenship. Surely they will just the enter the UK on the Australian passports as would any other Australian. You are after all only talking about a holiday aren't you?
Yes just a holiday, been trying to look into what I would need to take all morning as I wasnt sure. Thanks.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
I can't see why they wouldn't be allowed into Britain, just like any other australian citizen with an australian passport. Effectively they are tourists on a holiday and would be allowed in without needing visas with a maximum stay of 6 months, is it? Sure someone will be along to give you a definitive answer.

Brilliant thanks for that..I was getting a bit confused on how it all works ect. Just needed someone to clarify it!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

As everyone else had said - they don't HAVE to have British passports to enter the UK. It's not like Australia in that regard - where you are always supposed to enter Australia on an Australian passport, if you are Australian.

Just take them (and their Australian passports) with you through the British passport holders queue at Immigration (as long as one person has a British passport in the party you can all go together). You won't have any problems - we've done it loads of times with our Australian children.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompey_princess
Hi everyone

I'm looking for a little advice if any of you are good enough to give it.
I am looking to go back to the U.K next year for 6 weeks. I have a British passport but my children have Australian ones. 3 of my children were born in the U.K and have dual nationalities and my 4th child was born here but i will be appliying for British citizenship for him. I cant afford to apply for British passports for them as the airfare alone is going to cripple me. Will they be allowed back into Britain with Australian passports if I take their birth certificates/citizenship certificate? I'm kind of kicking myself I didnt apply for their british passports before we came over here now but again it was money and they needed australian ones to be able to enter Australia.

Any advice anyone could give would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Allie

My kids have gone into UK on aussie passports ( can relate to cost of 2 lots of passports for 5/6 people) anyway no probs, but you have to get in the line up for non europe citizens or whatever its called.

We got a brill immigration guy, a pom, cockney accent with a turban teasing my surfie head son about not letting him in cause he looked like a girl
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NickyC
As everyone else had said - they don't HAVE to have British passports to enter the UK. It's not like Australia in that regard - where you are always supposed to enter Australia on an Australian passport, if you are Australian.

Just take them (and their Australian passports) with you through the British passport holders queue at Immigration (as long as one person has a British passport in the party you can all go together). You won't have any problems - we've done it loads of times with our Australian children.
Brilliant!! I still get to go through the short queue as well! LOL. Thanks for that just what I needed to hear!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jad n rich
My kids have gone into UK on aussie passports ( can relate to cost of 2 lots of passports for 5/6 people) anyway no probs, but you have to get in the line up for non europe citizens or whatever its called.

We got a brill immigration guy, a pom, cockney accent with a turban teasing my surfie head son about not letting him in cause he looked like a girl
Ok so you guys line up in the non european ( I dont know what its call either lol) queue then. Well I dont mind what queue I get in as long as I can get in lol. I'm the same as you we are a family of 6 and 2 sets of passports for us would cost a fortune! Thanks for your advice there I have been trying to find info on the internet all morning regarding this and I completely confused myself and got a headache lol
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:10 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Brilliant!! I still get to go through the short queue as well! LOL. Thanks for that just what I needed to hear!
It have never been short for me... now with all the new EU countries that qualify for that queue - the nonEU always seems quicker!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

We tried that and some woman directing the line up told us to move over and get the non pom line. Mind you thinking about it we have done it in the past, must depend on the mood of who you get. And like someone just said the non pom line was pretty OK anyway. None of the big dramas everyone had told us about.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mark213
It have never been short for me... now with all the new EU countries that qualify for that queue - the nonEU always seems quicker!
Haha so true!! I see your point..I will head for whatever queue is shorter lol
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:14 am
Just Joined

We tried that and some woman directing the line up told us to move over and get the non pom line. Mind you thinking about it we have done it in the past, must depend on the mood of who you get.

Oh right..well I'll just get in the non pom line then..might save a little time if they're going to get picky!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok so you guys line up in the non european ( I dont know what its call either lol) queue then. Well I dont mind what queue I get in as long as I can get in lol. I'm the same as you we are a family of 6 and 2 sets of passports for us would cost a fortune! Thanks for your advice there I have been trying to find info on the internet all morning regarding this and I completely confused myself and got a headache lol
Did you get a second mortage for the airfares

Painful isnt it, mine are no longer classed as kids fare we cant even get that tiny discount.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:22 am
Just Joined

Did you get a second mortage for the airfares

Painful isnt it, mine are no longer classed as kids fare we cant even get that tiny discount.

Its alwful! It was gonna cost us $13000.00 for us all to go in July..we dont have that money. So now my husband isnt going to coma and I'm going to try May to see if that would be cheaper.

You poor thing it must cost you a fortune!!! Isnt it terrible that you have to pay so much just to go home for a visit. I blame my husband he's an aussie and he's the one who persuaded me to come over here lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.