Reload this Page >

Re-applying to IEAust

Re-applying to IEAust

Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:07 am
Just Joined

alvindmello is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re-applying to IEAust

Hi,
I am planning to migrate to Australia. In this process I am not sure of whether to choose an agent or do it myself. Also can anyone suggest a sincere good agent. I am from India and reside in Bombay.
Also if our first application for assessment with IEAust fails, whats the time gap after which I can reapply ? The old documents of theirs say its 12 months. The latest ones do not mention anything.
Can the seniors please help.
Thanks in advance to all for your support and answers.

Regards,
Alvin D'Mello
Old Dec 20th 2004, 7:26 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Re-applying to IEAust

Hiya alvindmello,
the IEAust apply the Wahington & Sydney accord, so as long as you fall within these then the application couldn't be more simple.
(The accord basically states that as long as you can apply to the institutions in your own country then they will give you the same level of recognition.)

Take a look at the web site, all the info is on it.
DIY is how I would do it.

Regards
Markeh
Old Dec 21st 2004, 10:46 am
Just Joined

alvindmello is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by markeh
Hiya alvindmello,
the IEAust apply the Wahington & Sydney accord, so as long as you fall within these then the application couldn't be more simple.
(The accord basically states that as long as you can apply to the institutions in your own country then they will give you the same level of recognition.)

Take a look at the web site, all the info is on it.
DIY is how I would do it.

Regards
Markeh
Hi,
Thanks for replying. I have done a 4 year Bachelor of Engineering from Nagpur University, India. My university is recognised in India and so is the degree. But as my country is not listed in the washington accord, can i apply. What if its not selected for the washington accord and I require to submit a CDR ? Will that mean a new application ? How does the fees go in then ?
Sorry for saying this but I did not get what you said/meant by the sentence

"DIY is how I would do it."

Regards,
Alvin
Old Jul 25th 2005, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

John Potter is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Re-applying to IEAust

Originally Posted by alvindmello
Hi,
Thanks for replying. I have done a 4 year Bachelor of Engineering from Nagpur University, India. My university is recognised in India and so is the degree. But as my country is not listed in the washington accord, can i apply. What if its not selected for the washington accord and I require to submit a CDR ? Will that mean a new application ? How does the fees go in then ?
Sorry for saying this but I did not get what you said/meant by the sentence

"DIY is how I would do it."

Regards,
Alvin
DIY means "Do It Yourself".
Good luck with your application.

Does someone know whether the purpose of IELTS must be immigration ?

Best regards,

John
Old Jul 26th 2005, 12:03 am
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice

Originally Posted by John Potter
DIY means "Do It Yourself".
Good luck with your application.

Does someone know whether the purpose of IELTS must be immigration ?

Best regards,

John
I think you guys start reading booklet 6 from DIMIA website, this will answer all your questions.
thanks.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

John Potter is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Re-applying to IEAust

Originally Posted by pandya_m
I think you guys start reading booklet 6 from DIMIA website, this will answer all your questions.
thanks.
As far as I can see, unfortunately not.

But perhaps I wasn't precise enough in my question:

When you want to sign up for an IELTS examination, you have to answer - among others - two specific questions. I am just enquiring about the consequences of those answers.

The first question is:
Why are you taking this examination ?
1. access to lessons
2. immigration
3. personal reasons
4. ...

For this question, I wanted to know whether IEAust will accept an examination taken for personal reasons.
==> Would IEAust accept an exam taken for personal reasons ?

The second question is:
Do you want your results to be sent to specific organisations ?
Give then address and name of the person of contact in this organisation.

For this one, I'm wondering whether the test centre will accept to send the examination results to IEAust afterwards. I mean, suppose that I don't meet the passmark of 6 in each branch, I would then appreciate to take another examination 3 months later, pass it and then let the test centre send them to IEAust. So IEAust wouldn't be aware of a failed attempt on the IELTS.

==> Would IELTS accept to send them afterwards ?

I hope you understand the importance for me of these two questions.

Best regards,

John