Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rangers V'S Celtic (Watch It On the Internet)

Rangers V'S Celtic (Watch It On the Internet)

Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:21 pm
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rangers V'S Celtic (Watch It On the Internet)

For those fans of either team, if you cant be bothered trailing into a city centre pub to watch it and you have a broadband connection you can watch this game on the internet for 4.99 GBP.

You can watch the game by going to www.rangers.co.uk and booking it from there, i dont know if the celtic website offer's the same thing.

The game is this Sunday 24th April at 9.30pm (Brisbane Time). This game will probably decide who wins the Scottish League.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:48 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rangers V'S Celtic (Watch It On the Internet)

Originally Posted by Lerop Pekill
For those fans of either team, if you cant be bothered trailing into a city centre pub to watch it and you have a broadband connection you can watch this game on the internet for 4.99 GBP.

You can watch the game by going to www.rangers.co.uk and booking it from there, i dont know if the celtic website offer's the same thing.

The game is this Sunday 24th April at 9.30pm (Brisbane Time). This game will probably decide who wins the Scottish League.
Yup... I'm gonna do that.
I bought one of the Rangers games last month. It was a perfect quality streaming netcast with no jumps or breaks. Just like watching it on TV.

£4.99 is a bargain as the last Old Firm game was only shown in 2 pubs in Perth. One for the Rangers fans, & one for the Celtic fans.
Setanta TV made all interested pubs bid for the rights, the highest bidder for each set of fans won the rights.
As part of the deal, the pubs had to charge $25 admission fee to watch the game!!!

I'll be watching it at home, with a few beers..
Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:59 pm
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie
I bought one of the Rangers games last month. It was a perfect quality streaming netcast with no jumps or breaks. Just like watching it on TV.

£4.99 is a bargain as the last Old Firm game was only shown in 2 pubs in Perth. One for the Rangers fans, & one for the Celtic fans.
Setanta TV made all interested pubs bid for the rights, the highest bidder for each set of fans won the rights.
As part of the deal, the pubs had to charge $25 admission fee to watch the game!!!

Scossie, if it's of interest Setanta are actually in negotiations with Foxtel & Austar to show Scottish Football on a pay per view basis from next season. Will probably cost about $30.00 a game, but for the old firm games it will be well worth it.

I have also booked the game for Sunday, and being thats it's Anzac day on Monday a few will def be had.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:39 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scossie

i went over my BB limit and it doesnt get put back onto BB speed until 26th of this month..tooo bloody late to watch the footie
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:51 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Originally Posted by biggy
i went over my BB limit and it doesnt get put back onto BB speed until 26th of this month..tooo bloody late to watch the footie
Tut Tut H!! Real Radio commentary for you then!!
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:52 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Tut Tut H!! Real Radio commentary for you then!!
I KNOW AND EVEN ITS SHITE WITH THIS CONNECTION
Old Apr 20th 2005, 2:47 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

I'm at a god damn wedding this sunday, might have to sneak off to watch it.

to those who have tried this before what broadband speed are you on?

Cheers
Kala
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:04 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I'm at a god damn wedding this sunday, might have to sneak off to watch it.

to those who have tried this before what broadband speed are you on?

Cheers
Kala

i'm no expert but i know that i'm not on the top rated speed and my picture is still excellent, what team will you be supporting?
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

i'm no expert but i know that i'm not on the top rated speed and my picture is still excellent, what team will you be supporting?
Thanks for that link. So the internet is useful for something then! I'll be watching it on Sunday night

I'll be supporting the winning team (That'd be Rangers obviously)

Cheers,
JTL

Oh, I can't agree with your signature "live like you will die tomorrow". I tried that for 2 weeks. My lawyer got pissed off with me calling everyday to check my will was in order, the undertaker started refusing my calls, and the wife got really annoyed with my emotional goodbyes every night.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:37 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

one other thing folks if you have not used the Rangers website before you will have to go & register, takes 3-4 mins but will save you time when you actually go & book it.

Kala, there is a prview clip on the site which gives you an idea of the picture you expect to be viewing, there are 3 settings to choose from one of which will suit the connection you have.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:08 am
Wahroonga Boy

Wahroonga Boy will become famous soon enough

anyone know if there's any bars in Sydney showing it?
Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:16 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Originally Posted by Wahroonga Boy
anyone know if there's any bars in Sydney showing it?
Sydney

The Gaelic Club, Surry Hills, Sydney
(02) 9211 1687, Website:
www.thegaelicclub.com.au

East Leagues Club, Bondi Junction
(02) 9389 1011, Website:
www.eastsleaguesclub.com.au

Please note: East Leagues is a non-smoking venue.

The Illinois Hotel, Five Dock, Sydney (02) 9797 9822

Penrith Gaels Club, Penrith, Sydney
(02) 4722 8180, Website:
www.penrithgaels.com.au

The Harp Irish Pub, 920 Prince's Highway, Tempe 2044 - (02) 9559 6300

There you go. I would check which venue's are suitable for which team you support, i'm no genius but i would guess the gaelic & the gaels club would be more suitable for the poor unfortunates who support Celtic.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

i'm no genius but i would guess the gaelic & the gaels club would be more suitable for the poor unfortunates who support Celtic.
Nah! Your being presumptious. I reckon if you just rock up to one of those Gaelic clubs in your Rangers kit you'll be fine. Bring an old 'Ulster says NO' flag as well, they love those.

In fact after Celtic get their arse kicked they'll probably all come over to congratulate you.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:28 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

The Gers all the way
Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:32 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Originally Posted by JayDeee
The Gers all the way

Fantastic!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.