Wikiposts

Rang Adelaide

Old Jun 2nd 2003, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Stevandiane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rang Adelaide

Hiya
I rang Adelaide last night to see if the documents from the Commonwealth bank had arrived OK (My assurer lodged our AOS bond 2 weeks ago and the bank said they'd send the documents direct to Adelaide) and the gentleman on the phone there said a letter had been sent to my agent last wednesday 28th. However he said he was not allowed to say what was in the letter.
Now I'm very worried and confused. Is this normal ???????(The "not being able to disclose info" bit - not the worried bit!)
Could this be our grant letter or does this mean bad luck !!!!!
Also what time scales are we looking at for a letter sent by airmail to arrive in England !!!
Help Appreciated !!
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Hi there

We were in exactly the same boat some weeks ago. I telephoned Dimia to check that they had received forms from Commonwealth Bank and they said yes and that a letter was on its way to us. I also took a very deep breath and asked whether this meant we had our visa and they said they can't give out that information but that we would have to wait for the letter.

One week later the letter arrived and our visa was granted!

So hang in there.

Good luck
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure all will be fine. Maybe the guy was scared incase he was caught out telling you about your pre grant letter.

Got my fingers crossed for you guys (and for ME!!!) I sent off my application for partner visa last week and hoping to god they say yes!

Anyway - keep us informed!

Anthony
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Stevandiane is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for that guys - Makes me feel a whole lot better.
Guess I should just sit back and wait .............as if I don't know how to do that !!!!

Anthony we are from South Shields!
Have read a couple of your posts in the past and thought to myself "Good for him! - not many pple would have the bottle to do what he's doing !!" So hang in there too and I really hope everything works out for u and Zoe !
Fingers crossed for you !!!
Diane
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 8:56 pm
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rang Adelaide

Originally posted by Stevandiane
Hiya
I rang Adelaide last night to see if the documents from the Commonwealth bank had arrived OK (My assurer lodged our AOS bond 2 weeks ago and the bank said they'd send the documents direct to Adelaide) and the gentleman on the phone there said a letter had been sent to my agent last wednesday 28th. However he said he was not allowed to say what was in the letter.
Now I'm very worried and confused. Is this normal ???????(The "not being able to disclose info" bit - not the worried bit!)
Could this be our grant letter or does this mean bad luck !!!!!
Also what time scales are we looking at for a letter sent by airmail to arrive in England !!!
Help Appreciated !!
We are going the assurer / sponsor route too. It's good to hear that someone else is. Have you been very frustrated about having to rely on someone else to provide information? We are a few steps behind you by the sounds of it......our assurer was suppose to provide his ATO's last week but he didn't! He's still waiting for them to be completed. Our agent phoned Adelaide and requested an extension and we did get one.....but it just means waiting an extra month for everything.

Can you tell me what happens once our assurer has done all his stuff.....completes his tax returns, gets copies (certified of course!) of his wages etc? Our agent mentioned something about the Commmonwealth Bank stuff taking a long time....I have already asked our assurer to start looking into it and getting the forms now.....should I "gently remind" him again? What time scales have you noticed for things getting completed? Is your agent here or in Oz?

I'm sure that the news in the letter is good news! I haven't actually read anywhere on here yet that anybody has been refused. I'm sure you won't be the first!

V
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

dobbo is an unknown quantity at this point

I emailed adelaide yesterday as i couldnt stand the waiting any longer had a reply this morning said that visa was granted 28th may and letter on its way to agent. had a phone call off agent to say we had our visas had to sound surprised! dont know what to do first but it does feel like a bit of an anti climax after waiting 20 months but it now means i can open that bottle of champagne
all the best to all those still waitng it shouldnt be long now

cheers

juliet

Brisbane september if house sells!
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Vee
We are going the assurer / sponsor route too. It's good to hear that someone else is. Have you been very frustrated about having to rely on someone else to provide information? We are a few steps behind you by the sounds of it......our assurer was suppose to provide his ATO's last week but he didn't! He's still waiting for them to be completed. Our agent phoned Adelaide and requested an extension and we did get one.....but it just means waiting an extra month for everything.

Can you tell me what happens once our assurer has done all his stuff.....completes his tax returns, gets copies (certified of course!) of his wages etc? Our agent mentioned something about the Commmonwealth Bank stuff taking a long time....I have already asked our assurer to start looking into it and getting the forms now.....should I "gently remind" him again? What time scales have you noticed for things getting completed? Is your agent here or in Oz?

I'm sure that the news in the letter is good news! I haven't actually read anywhere on here yet that anybody has been refused. I'm sure you won't be the first!

V
Hi Vee,

We have just completed the process of obtaining a sponsored visa. Once ASPC had received all of the information form our sponsor and our medicals and police checks they quickly requested that we lodge the assurance of support.

Our assuror wrote back informing us that it was a simple enough process.

He received the request from DIMIA to lodge the bond on 24th April.

Personal commitments prevented him from getting to the Commonwealth Bank until the 29th April. All he said he had to do was show them the letter from ASPC, open two term deposit accounts (One for $3500 and the other for $1500) and produce 100 point ID. The paper work from the bank was then posted to ASPC on the 3rd of MAy and our Visa's were granted on the 8th of May. So all in all it did not take long at all, although it felt like an eternity!

Hope this helps and good luck

We will keep an eye out for your "I got it!" posting

Bill (Sindy's Husband)
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dobbo
I emailed adelaide yesterday as i couldnt stand the waiting any longer had a reply this morning said that visa was granted 28th may and letter on its way to agent. had a phone call off agent to say we had our visas had to sound surprised! dont know what to do first but it does feel like a bit of an anti climax after waiting 20 months but it now means i can open that bottle of champagne
all the best to all those still waitng it shouldnt be long now

cheers

juliet

Brisbane september if house sells!

Congratulations Juliet

Good luck for the future

Bill
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 9:34 pm
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Sindy
Hi Vee,

Personal commitments prevented him from getting to the Commonwealth Bank until the 29th April. All he said he had to do was show them the letter from ASPC, open two term deposit accounts (One for $3500 and the other for $1500) and produce 100 point ID. The paper work from the bank was then posted to ASPC on the 3rd of MAy and our Visa's were granted on the 8th of May. So all in all it did not take long at all, although it felt like an eternity!

Hope this helps and good luck

We will keep an eye out for your "I got it!" posting

Bill (Sindy's Husband)
Thanks for that Bill. Gosh, that didn't take long at all really. I am going to copy and paste this (if you don't mind) and send it to my assurer. I guess though that he has to wait to receive information from the ASPC before he can open the account?

Thanks for the reply. And congrats for getting your visa's! Now comes the fun part....PACKING!

V