Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Raincoats in Melbourne??

Raincoats in Melbourne??

Old May 31st 2005, 1:46 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Raincoats in Melbourne??

A quick question - we're making a flying visit to Melbourne in early August... Hubby says the kiddies won't need raincoats, just a fleece/jacket. Me, I'm expecting deluges. I've looked at the climate figures, but, for those of you who actually KNOW, is he right or am I?
Old May 31st 2005, 2:00 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Raincoats in Melbourne??

Originally Posted by floss
A quick question - we're making a flying visit to Melbourne in early August... Hubby says the kiddies won't need raincoats, just a fleece/jacket. Me, I'm expecting deluges. I've looked at the climate figures, but, for those of you who actually KNOW, is he right or am I?
Would you be so kind as to leave the raincoats - so much in your debt should it rain.
Old May 31st 2005, 2:04 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

May is usually our wettest month although this year we hardly got any rain. They will probably need their Fleece / Jacket most of the time but you can't rulle out the odd heavy shower or two in August.
Old May 31st 2005, 2:07 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Raincoats in Melbourne??

Originally Posted by Bordy
May is usually our wettest month although this year we hardly got any rain. They will probably need their Fleece / Jacket most of the time but you can't rulle out the odd heavy shower or two in August.

THANK YOU.... y'see - he's from Queensland and most of the time their weather seems to fit into neat little seasonal patterns. I figure that one of the attractive things about Melbourne's climate is that it's unpredictable - I lived in the Middle East for a while and HATED being able to predict the temperature months in advance. Anyway, raincoats it is. xxxxx
Old May 31st 2005, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

THANK YOU.... y'see - he's from Queensland and most of the time their weather seems to fit into neat little seasonal patterns. I figure that one of the attractive things about Melbourne's climate is that it's unpredictable - I lived in the Middle East for a while and HATED being able to predict the temperature months in advance. Anyway, raincoats it is. xxxxx
Call me practical but I've got a jacket with a waterproof outer and a fleece liner which I take!

OzTennis
Old May 31st 2005, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

If your Jacket has a hood you should be ok because the rain isn't usually heavy but if not then consider a little brolly you can keep in your pocket/bag etc.
Old Jun 1st 2005, 11:09 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

coats woulld be good, if not for rain but for wind shear factor

NJJ
Old Jun 1st 2005, 11:22 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

its freezing here, bring hats, coats,scarfs and gloves, I wish I had, I have had to buy all new. The wind is so bitter here, so even when its 12 degrees, it feels freezing.................lucky its only like this for 4 months of the year, or i couldnt cope

laura
x