Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rainbows, Brownies & Guides

Rainbows, Brownies & Guides

Old Nov 6th 2006, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all
Default Rainbows, Brownies & Guides

My daughter is 7 and is in the Brownies in UK. Does anyone have experience of the guides in OZ? I am assuming it will be a similar setup designed for the girls to mix and have fun!! Hoping she might mix better if she has some fun activities to do.
Are there any waiting lists for guides in Brisbane suburbs?
I know there are some waiting lists in the UK. When my seven year old left rainbows for brownies the rainbow leader suggested I put my 3 year olds name down for when she turns five, :scared:

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 6:39 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rainbows, Brownies & Guides

Originally Posted by h1tvd
My daughter is 7 and is in the Brownies in UK. Does anyone have experience of the guides in OZ? I am assuming it will be a similar setup designed for the girls to mix and have fun!! Hoping she might mix better if she has some fun activities to do.
I know there are some waiting lists in the UK. When my seven year old left rainbows for brownies the rainbow leader suggested I put my 3 year olds name down for when she turns five, :scared:

You can contact the Guides Queensland at

www.guidesqld.org
I believe that they are now even accepting girls into the Scouts as well.
www.scoutsqld.com.au
http://seascouts.ecn.net.au/

Good luck

Last edited by The Bloke; Nov 6th 2006 at 6:46 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

kt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nice

Originally Posted by h1tvd

Hi, I would imagine that it depends on what suburb you choose as to whether there is a waiting list to get into brownies. My daughter has just turned 11 and is a bit of a tomboy. She tried brownies for a week but did not like it (but then she did not like it that much in the UK either). There was no waiting list and we were even told that she could try it for a few weeks before deciding whether or not to join.

She wanted something that was more fun so she tried cubs. It suits her as she loves doing more adventurous things. There was not a waiting list for that either.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:01 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Here in Perth girls can join cubs (is it the same in the UK?).

There's often a waiting list though. My twin girls will be joining their brother in the 1st Joondalup Cubs next year
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:12 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Here in Perth girls can join cubs (is it the same in the UK?).

There's often a waiting list though. My twin girls will be joining their brother in the 1st Joondalup Cubs next year
there is a guides group in Joondalup, its very good.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Thanks for the replies

Here's hoping there's not much of a waiting list for these clubs!!
Just spent over £60 buying the brownies uniform and looks like she won't be wearing it for too long - visa permitting of course