Rain in Perth

Old Oct 30th 2003, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rain in Perth

Just been doing some research on weather and found Perth gets more rain than Manchester.

Was surprised to find Manchester only gets average 180 days of rain (seemed like every day) could not find avearge for Perth but Albany (lot wetter) 142 days.

Unfortunatley when it came to average hours of sunshine Manchester fizzled out with 1379 Perth coming in with 2847

And when it comes to temperatures Manchester did not get a look in.

Before the idiot paul99 / mercury monkey come on to slag me off this post was just a bit of a fun observation.

Found this website which has some interesting info.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~darr...therdebate.htm

Also for lovers of statistics visit http://www.abs.gov.au/

Last edited by karawara88; Oct 30th 2003 at 1:46 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2003, 1:47 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

this post was just a bit of a fun observation.
and keep info like that coming-just like your websites -great info

at least i think so :lecture:
Old Oct 30th 2003, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rain in Perth

Originally posted by karawara88
Just been doing some research on weather and found Perth gets more rain than Manchester.

Was surprised to find Manchester only gets average 180 days of rain (seemed like every day) could not find avearge for Perth but Albany (lot wetter) 142 days.

Unfortunatley when it came to average hours of sunshine Manchester fizzled out with 1379 Perth coming in with 2847

Before the idiot paul99 / mercury monkey come on to slag me off this post was just a bit of a fun observation.

I find misinformation very dangerous on this site, people just cant wait to tell you anything that might make them look like the font of knowledge.
PB used to constantly post stories about "Perth" but when you looked into some of them he was talking about towns hundreds of kilometres away
This post is titled Rain in Perth but mentions rain in Albany
Albany has a totally different climate to "PERTH" but before someone comes on here and slags me off "hey its just for fun"

Old Oct 30th 2003, 2:20 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Old Oct 30th 2003, 2:23 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Looks like you forgot Stoney, and a few others no doubt!
You must try and remember not to upset any would be migrants
Old Oct 30th 2003, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road

But it isn't the same sort of rain as in Manchester, and it only rains at night, remember?
Old Oct 30th 2003, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by janeyray
Looks like you forgot Stoney, and a few others no doubt!
You must try and remember not to upset any would be migrants

Actually I am not a would be migrant I am out here with my family, every body's perception of things is different, just because you dont like it dont think that anybody who does is stupid.
I have visited Perth on 7 occasions and witnessed all types of weather and it beats the UK for me.
So no matter how you and your malcontents beat on about it you wont change a thing, just go home if YOU dont like it
I can and will if the novelty wears off
Old Oct 30th 2003, 2:41 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Stoney
Actually I am not a would be migrant I am out here with my family, every body's perception of things is different, just because you dont like it dont think that anybody who does is stupid.
I have visited Perth on 7 occasions and witnessed all types of weather and it beats the UK for me.
So no matter how you and your malcontents beat on about it you wont change a thing, just go home if YOU dont like it
I can and will if the novelty wears off

Whhoooowwww, easy boy.

Lets not get personal about my "Malcontents" I've told you its a secret!

p.s.. (in a mouse like voice)..I don't think anyone is stupid and never said anyone was
Old Oct 30th 2003, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by janeyray
Whhoooowwww, easy boy.

Lets not get personal about my "Malcontents" I've told you its a secret!

Old Oct 30th 2003, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oooooh its windy in Mandurah tonight its not nice wind like in England I wish I was home I like all the cold weather it wasnt that bad after all and it was a nicer shade of green and the smaller houses were much easier to clean, oh and the sand gets between your toes .................................................. .................................................. ................................

Oh and before any one slags me off, its only a bit of fun

Last edited by Stoney; Oct 30th 2003 at 3:15 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2003, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for your comments Stoney I remember now why I decided to stop posting.
Old Oct 30th 2003, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

ArthurMoore is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Oct 30th 2003, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

ArthurMoore is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry about the last dud posting. Pressed the wrong button (again!!!).
For Climate for all of Oz go to
http://www.bom.gov.au
then select Climate averages> Climate Graphs and Tables> Western Aus > Perth airport
This is the Oz met bureau and has it all - rain days, sunshine hours, days, humidity, everything you could ever want.
According to the site Perth has 114 rain days. We had not at first looked at Perth as a possible destination, but comparing to Brisbane, Sydney, or Melbourne it seems to have just about the best combination of temperature (warm all year bt not too hot), not too humid and not as much rain as Sydney or Melbourne (if I remember the figures correctly).
Hope that helps
Best wishes
Art
Old Oct 30th 2003, 4:19 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

BOM does indeed have a great website.

Have a look at this.....

Anyone fancy moving to strahan on Taz? OVER 3 times as much rain as Manchester (which gets about 800mm a year)
Attached Thumbnails Rain in Perth-map.jpg  
Old Oct 30th 2003, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

According to the site Perth has 114 rain days.
Thanks Art, I couldnt find the stat for Perth.

That actually answered somthing I was comparing, the original observation for the post came from some research I was doing on Albany which is why I mentioned it in my post and say it was a lot wetter.

Why the thread suddenly got turned into a "UK is better than Aus". post. I will never know.

The post was a only bit of fun because I would have bet Manchester got more than 180 days. But from it I now have the website you suggested. Thank you.
Anyone fancy moving to strahan on Taz? OVER 3 times as much rain as Manchester (which gets about 800mm a year)
Looks a bit on the damp side.

Chris

Last edited by karawara88; Oct 30th 2003 at 5:04 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.