Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the rain gods are smiling on QLD

the rain gods are smiling on QLD

Old Aug 31st 2004, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default the rain gods are smiling on QLD

Steady light rain for the first time since April well more or less someone will now point out we did get 2mm in July or something

But its really nice, the dust that blows down the streets constantly has stopped, the air has that nice fresh smell, the neighbours 4 month old pup is terrified shes never seen rain Hopefully we will get enough to get rid of the terrible brown crisp look. Fingers crossed.
Old Aug 31st 2004, 6:16 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the rain gods are smiling on QLD

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Steady light rain for the first time since April well more or less someone will now point out we did get 2mm in July or something

But its really nice, the dust that blows down the streets constantly has stopped, the air has that nice fresh smell, the neighbours 4 month old pup is terrified shes never seen rain Hopefully we will get enough to get rid of the terrible brown crisp look. Fingers crossed.

It's like that English rain, all drizzly. My lawn is already looking a little greener.
Old Aug 31st 2004, 6:21 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Send some Nundle's way will you? (NW NSW). It's all a bit dry out there too...
Old Aug 31st 2004, 6:23 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Not really enough though is it. It's a bit patchy.. on and off drizzle for most of the day, with a few little downpours ( can't even call them downpours) , more overcast than anything. It's Been overcast all day.. I've actually got a jumper on today, I always feel cold when it rains. We need a lot more rain than this.

These are they types of days I love walking in .. overcast and drizzly
Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:12 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Mm, sounds like you guys need what WA got the last week or two!
Massive downpours!

I was 1 km away from the city and I couldn't see the top of the skyscrapers for the rain.
Roads and carparks turned into rivers.
And we're on track for August target, though not for dam levels.

Now it's nice again, but the downside of that is that it's f***ing cold at night!
Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

I took the dogs for a walk just before, and it started raining. I forgot the crazy mutts were like gremlins (dont feed after midnight and DEFINITELY dont let them get wet).

Anyway, got back to the house then had a crazy half hour with the two dogs charging round like lunatics, jumping all over the furniture, people, skidding across the kitchen tiles, generally having the time of their lives
Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:40 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trevglas
I took the dogs for a walk just before, and it started raining. I forgot the crazy mutts were like gremlins (dont feed after midnight and DEFINITELY dont let them get wet).

Anyway, got back to the house then had a crazy half hour with the two dogs charging round like lunatics, jumping all over the furniture, people, skidding across the kitchen tiles, generally having the time of their lives
Ahh, that's what our dogs used to do!!!!!! (when they were young, and still alive)
It's sooo funny!
Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:59 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Deb's been smiling to herself all afternoon. A kind of inane grin , she finally cracked at about 4 o'clock and insisted we drive straight home so she could have a bath. She's not smiling now though, not nearly enough rain to be able to be so frivolous as to have her first bath since we arrived here.
Sean
Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:28 am
Perthite

holte end is an unknown quantity at this point

You can deffo have some of this rain from over this half of Oz, it ain't stopped peeing it down hardly for weeks!!

Everything looks green at the mo but it won't take long for this to get shriveled up and brown too as soon as the summer hits properly.