British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   The rain in Brisbane.!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/rain-brisbane-311248/)

madsad Jun 29th 2005 11:18 pm

The rain in Brisbane.!!

It has rained solid in Brisbane for the last five days!! not just a slight drizzle bloody bucketing it down!!

Yes i know we need it but its soooo depressing :( some are saying this is the wettest June on record? for me i hate being reminded of the miserable weather of back home! my garden is swimming in water,even the dog is reluctant to pee outside !! & the kids are on school holidays so stuck indoors :mad:
These last few days have really opened my eyes to any dreams of constant sunshine!! :rolleyes:

Just had a call from hubby,all his calls were in the Gold Coast this morning & he has been told to turn back as the roads surrounding the Gold Coast are shut off,it has taken him an hour to get to Brackenridge! (usually ten minutes)as if three kids at home wasn't enough for me to cope with,hubby's on his way home too :p

Anyone on their way to Brisbane make sure you pack your raincoats,wellies & umbrella!!

Donna.

wmoore Jun 29th 2005 11:20 pm

Re: The rain in Brisbane.!!

Originally Posted by madsad
Anyone on their way to Brisbane make sure you pack your raincoats,wellies & umbrella!!

I've just got a nice new rain jacket. Didn't think it would see any action til summer but it looks like I might be wrong :D

madsad Jun 29th 2005 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by wmoore
I've just got a nice new rain jacket. Didn't think it would see any action til summer but it looks like I might be wrong :D

Yeah,we're all the same,all this rain has cost me a bloody fortune :D !!!

Donna.

MrsDagboy Jun 29th 2005 11:33 pm

Arghhhhhhhhhh dont you start too!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :scared: :(

ABCDiamond Jun 29th 2005 11:38 pm

Current Dam conditions:

Despite some heavy falls, most of the state's dams remained low.

But Hinze Dam on the Gold Coast nudged past 68 per cent capacity after 160mm was dumped on nearby Springbrook in less than two days.

The state's second biggest dam, Fairbairn near Emerald (which received 89mm) was at 30 per cent capacity and the Leslie Dam near Warwick was still down around 13 per cent capacity.
Brisbane's three main water storages were at 39 per cent.

http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/c...5E3102,00.html

Megalania Jun 29th 2005 11:41 pm

It has rained solid in Brisbane for the last five days!! not just a slight drizzle bloody bucketing it down!!

Yes i know we need it but its soooo depressing :( some are saying this is the wettest June on record? for me i hate being reminded of the miserable weather of back home! my garden is swimming in water,even the dog is reluctant to pee outside !! & the kids are on school holidays so stuck indoors :mad:
These last few days have really opened my eyes to any dreams of constant sunshine!! :rolleyes:

Just had a call from hubby,all his calls were in the Gold Coast this morning & he has been told to turn back as the roads surrounding the Gold Coast are shut off,it has taken him an hour to get to Brackenridge! (usually ten minutes)as if three kids at home wasn't enough for me to cope with,hubby's on his way home too :p

Donna.

We haf vays of making you like de rayn.

Staking on an anthill, smeared with honey, in de mid summer noon day sun just out of reach of a large jug of iced water is the the starting option.

MrsDagboy Jun 29th 2005 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Current Dam conditions:

But Hinze Dam on the Gold Coast nudged past 68 per cent capacity after 160mm was dumped on nearby Springbrook in less than two days.

The state's second biggest dam, Fairbairn near Emerald (which received 89mm) was at 30 per cent capacity and the Leslie Dam near Warwick was still down around 13 per cent capacity.

Yeah I thought that may be the case - I heard last night that Wivenhoe (our main water supply) only received 5mm yesterday :( .

Great for the Gold Coast though, especially as they only came off severe water restrictions 12 or 18 months ago. :)

soapy© Jun 29th 2005 11:46 pm

oh donna how u make me laugh. you are moaning about the rain???? my god lassie whatever next :p
its only wet water and before u ask....is there any other kind?......yes Frozen !!!!!
keep that in mind pal and u will be ok.
as for the rain. buy a brolly :D

Donna.

gedge Jun 29th 2005 11:47 pm

Current Dam conditions:

The rain, in Brisbane, falls mainly down the drain?

soapy© Jun 29th 2005 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by JulesandChris

:D :D

ABCDiamond Jun 29th 2005 11:52 pm

I just need to connect my back garden to the drain :D

It is a pity that all that water can't be channelled back to the dams

gedge Jun 29th 2005 11:55 pm

I just need to connect my back garden to the drain :D

It is a pity that all that water can't be channelled back to the dams

The rain, in Brisbane, falls mainly in ABC's gardéne?

ABCDiamond Jun 29th 2005 11:57 pm

The rain, in Brisbane, falls mainly in ABC's gardéne?

We are in good moods today :D Must be the rain that does it :D :beer:

JackTheLad Jun 30th 2005 12:01 am

Originally Posted by soapy
as for the rain. buy a brolly :D

Yes, but does that reconnect the power supply, unblock the roads, and get the trains running again? Even the mobile phone network was down for a while, so I had no way to connect to the outside world for a whinge :p

JTL

gedge Jun 30th 2005 12:13 am

We are in good moods today :D Must be the rain that does it :D :beer:

Yep. There's nowt wrong with a bit of rain.
Reminds me why we left the UK.