Railway Work

Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

FITCHETT FAMILY will become famous soon enough
Default Railway Work

Hi all,
Does any1 work in the railway industry ?
I am employed in uk as a Tamper Operator.
What sort of salary can be expected ?
Any 1 in same occupation as me or do you know a friend of a frind of a friend.
Cheers
Damian
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 2:56 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Railway Work

Originally Posted by FITCHETT FAMILY
Hi all,
Cheers
Damian

My Hubby works as an asset manager/project manager for ARTC (australian railtrack corporation) his salary is comparable to what he earnt in the UK.

try the following for jobs www.railpersonnel.com I know the ARTC advertise there, they have bases in Adeliade, Melbourne and Sydney.

The maintenance is carried out in Victoria by a company called works infrastructure.

Who would employ tamper operators I have no idea but hope this info will help.

I will ask hubby who employs Tamper Operators and post again if he knows

Regards

Jo
(ex Network Rail worker!!)
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that Jo.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 7:37 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
Cheers
Damian
I work in the rail industry as an electrical design engineer. I'm based in waterloo working on the southern region power supply upgrade. Where do you work?. I'm probably not going to work in rail in Perth, more than likely I will be working in mining or oil/gas.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I work in the rail industry as an electrical design engineer. I'm based in waterloo working on the southern region power supply upgrade. Where do you work?. I'm probably not going to work in rail in Perth, more than likely I will be working in mining or oil/gas.
Hi,
I work mainly in the North West at the moment for Carillion, although sometimes I do get down south.
We are looking to go to Geelong area Mel.
Hope to stay in same industry if or when we get there.
Cheers
Damian
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 8:15 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Hi,
I work mainly in the North West at the moment for Carillion, although sometimes I do get down south.
We are looking to go to Geelong area Mel.
Hope to stay in same industry if or when we get there.
Cheers
Damian
Just spoke to Hubby and he says John Holland operate Tampers and also Works Infrastructure have a section in Downer EDI who owns them. There are 4 main operators in Melbourne/Victoria that he deals with. The ARTC do not have any operators (they only have 2 employees in Victoria!!). He was not sure of the other two. But Downer EDI and John Holland are the main ones.

Hope this helps

Jo