Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Railway Jobs in WA

Railway Jobs in WA

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Taryn is just really niceTaryn is just really niceTaryn is just really niceTaryn is just really niceTaryn is just really niceTaryn is just really niceTaryn is just really niceTaryn is just really niceTaryn is just really nice
Default Railway Jobs in WA

Hello,

I am moving over to Perth at Christmas 2009 and looking for a job similar to the one i have now. I am a Grade 3 Signal Engineer for the railway and have been for 4 years now

I have been told by a few people that the qualifications you need in WA are different to the ones you need in the rest of Australia. Does anyone know anything about this??

I have been looking for jobs along the general electrical engineering route and so far havent managed to find much on the west coast.

Thanks
Taryn
Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

siamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nice
Default Re: Railway Jobs in WA

Originally Posted by Taryn
Hello,

I am moving over to Perth at Christmas 2009 and looking for a job similar to the one i have now. I am a Grade 3 Signal Engineer for the railway and have been for 4 years now

I have been told by a few people that the qualifications you need in WA are different to the ones you need in the rest of Australia. Does anyone know anything about this??

I have been looking for jobs along the general electrical engineering route and so far havent managed to find much on the west coast.

Thanks
Taryn
Hi Taryn, we are based up north in WA. My Australian husband is a Sparkie/Sig Tech in Karratha on the railways. These are trains are carrying the iron ore to the ports for export. My OH's company have employed Sig Techs from the UK without the sparkie licence, dont know whether your looking along these lines or not. ss
Old Nov 4th 2009, 4:00 am
Just Joined

Taryn is just really niceTaryn is just really niceTaryn is just really niceTaryn is just really niceTaryn is just really niceTaryn is just really niceTaryn is just really niceTaryn is just really niceTaryn is just really nice

Originally Posted by siamsusie
Hi Taryn, we are based up north in WA. My Australian husband is a Sparkie/Sig Tech in Karratha on the railways. These are trains are carrying the iron ore to the ports for export. My OH's company have employed Sig Techs from the UK without the sparkie licence, dont know whether your looking along these lines or not. ss
Hello

Yes that is exactly what i am looking for! Did you just go to the employer website? I have sent my CV off to a few companies and to recruitment websites but i havent heard anything back.

Thanks
Taryn
Old Nov 4th 2009, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Geraldton may also worth checking out. Only about 4 half hours from Perth.

Geraldton is going to have a big port for the mines etc and we have a rail line for industry, but getting more for the new port. Local press reckon lots of jobs will be avialable for port and rail in Geraldton.

Gems
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

siamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Taryn
Hello

Yes that is exactly what i am looking for! Did you just go to the employer website? I have sent my CV off to a few companies and to recruitment websites but i havent heard anything back.

Thanks
Taryn
Taryn no my husband is an aussie and been employed by Rio Tinto for 20 odd years, why not try and e mail them down in perth.
I see are looking fr sig techs as well. http://employment.byron.com.au/jobs/...-in-perth.html
also http://www.ausrailjobs.com/jobs/sign...ians-31323.htm
PM me if I can help you further, very best wishes ss x
Old Nov 4th 2009, 8:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.quadrantrecruit.com.au/Contact-us.aspx

These people had an advert for 20 signallers a month ago.

Talk to Bruce Andrews in Parramatta.

Ian
Old Nov 5th 2009, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gems
Geraldton may also worth checking out. Only about 4 half hours from Perth.

Geraldton is going to have a big port for the mines etc and we have a rail line for industry, but getting more for the new port. Local press reckon lots of jobs will be avialable for port and rail in Geraldton.

Gems
Thanks Gems

Right at this moment in time id like to be based in Perth....even on a fly in fly out basis. Ive just been away from my family for so long......its the main reason for emigrating back to Australia.

I will keep a look out for the Geralton Jobs though thanks. Its not so far away

Taryn x

Originally Posted by siamsusie
Taryn no my husband is an aussie and been employed by Rio Tinto for 20 odd years, why not try and e mail them down in perth.
I see are looking fr sig techs as well. http://employment.byron.com.au/jobs/...-in-perth.html
also http://www.ausrailjobs.com/jobs/sign...ians-31323.htm
PM me if I can help you further, very best wishes ss x
Thanks ss.....i have been hanging out on the riotinto website because my uncle used to work for them but i couldnt find anything specific....Cheers for the link!

Taryn x

Originally Posted by ebo1608
http://www.quadrantrecruit.com.au/Contact-us.aspx

These people had an advert for 20 signallers a month ago.

Talk to Bruce Andrews in Parramatta.

Ian
Thanks Ian. I will look into it
Old Feb 8th 2010, 2:10 pm
CMT
Forum Regular

CMT is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have just come accross this thread, my husband is a UK qualified train driver/ instructor driver. I was just wondering whether anyone knows if any of the rail companies recruit from overseas or is it a case ofgetting over there first and then looking for a a job?
Many thanks
Claire
Old Feb 9th 2010, 5:28 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ya

The company I work for has a hfair bit of work on the mines at Karratha and Port Hedland

If you're a points fitter especially, send me a PM and we'll get something sorted

Cheers
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:26 am
Just Joined

rmullard is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am still looking to emigrate to australia with the family preferably with sponsorship.

At the moment I am signal technician (grade 4) in the UK and would be interested in any signalling jobs going in WA.

Thanks in Advance.

Rich
Old Feb 9th 2010, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rmullard
Hi,

I am still looking to emigrate to australia with the family preferably with sponsorship.

At the moment I am signal technician (grade 4) in the UK and would be interested in any signalling jobs going in WA.

Thanks in Advance.

Rich
My husband is an Signals Technician/Electrician up north in Karratha Rich... if you want to pm me your details I can put you hopefully in the right direction. Best wishes Susie
Old Feb 11th 2010, 12:45 am
Just Joined

Well i am over in Perth now....all arrived and looking for work.

I am having quite a bit of trouble actually. I was a Grade 3 tech for the railway in the UK

The way it works is you have to submit all of your work to the Trade Recognition Australia (TRA) to hopefully get recognised as an Eletrical fitter and then if that is accepted i have to go and get my electrical license. Not a huge problem but if the TRA say NO initially....thats the end of me. I have to start again from scratch.

Rmullard......the best thing i could suggest to you...... and i wish i did before i moved out is to contact vetassess and get your license from the UK before you move out to WA. The guys i have spoken to here had their emigration agent actually get a job for them before they left....with sponsorship.

I have heard that Vetassess are easier to get through and while you are in the UK you can get all your evidence countersigned without having to post it back and forth.

So far......im not even sure if im going to be accepted. I dont think you will have the same problem though. My apprenticeship was 3 years.... australian aprenticeships are 4. You also need 7 years experience and i only have 5. Its not the be all and end all but vetassess are less strict.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

have you guys heard about the line extension planned from clarkson to yanchep?

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...-1225804244345

planned to start next year........will give you guys plenty of work

i work for "downer edi ", fixing/maintenance on the trains themselves and have a bit of inside knowledge on whats happening...........pm me for more
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Raymie d is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

looking to move across to oz from Glasgow in Scotland , i am IRSE licensed installer / maintenance tester , i am also a grade 3...senior infrastructure technician for babcock rail formerly first engineering . I am looking for sponsorship , my wife is a HR manager looking for work as well .Any info , pointers would be great .
Thanks
Raymie
Old Apr 30th 2010, 4:18 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nigel and wendy
have you guys heard about the line extension planned from clarkson to yanchep?

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...-1225804244345

planned to start next year........will give you guys plenty of work
It's only going as far as Butler in it's present form. Yanchep extension is for the future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.