Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

RADIO AND TV ADS

RADIO AND TV ADS

Old Nov 13th 2007, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

cypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant future
Default RADIO AND TV ADS

If you believe what the radio and TV adverts try to sell us over here,
we are ......................

UNFIT, OVERWEIGHT, VITAMIN DEFICIENT, BALD, BAD HEARTS, ROTTING FINGER NAILS, YELLOW TEETH, BRITTLE BONED, IN DEBT, ABOUT TO LAUNCH A MAJOR LAW SUIT FOR STUBBIN YOUR TOE, TOSSING POSSUMS (FOR SOME GOD FORSAKEN REASON), IN NEED OF A NEW VACUUM CLEANER (FROM GODFREYS CARPARK NO LESS) AND THE ICING ON THE CAKE IS THAT US MEN CUM TO QUICKLY AND NEED A LIFE CHANGING NASAL SPRAY.

I SUPPOSE THE ONLY ONLY SAVING GRACE IS THEAT CHRIS AND MAREY THINK WE ALL HAVE "FINE BOOTIES".

Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RADIO AND TV ADS

Who are Chris and Marey? And can you not boldly shout. It's a bit aggressive
Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately the only remedy to all of this is give up watching TV and listening to the radio. Given it's mostly utter shite anyway, it's not that hard to do!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rabsody
Unfortunately the only remedy to all of this is give up watching TV and listening to the radio. Given it's mostly utter shite anyway, it's not that hard to do!
Not local aussie radio though surely ?

I can't stand the way they actively promote the sponsors of the show and do an advert for them, raving on about how great the local "health spa" or whatever is like they've ever been unless of course they get freebies as part of the deal.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cadman
Not local aussie radio though surely ?

I can't stand the way they actively promote the sponsors of the show and do an advert for them, raving on about how great the local "health spa" or whatever is like they've ever been unless of course they get freebies as part of the deal.
Yeah, the radio programmes are "sponsored" from start to finish, the news bulletin (ads every 30 secs, before, during and after), weather report (before, during and after), during any kind of segment you are bombarded with either ads or the host's content which more often than not is a thinly disguised ad (you know of the "what milk did you have on your breakfast cereal this morning Mike?" "well funny you mention it andy, I tried that new" ....... blah blah blah). Easier just to hit the off button :curse:

This is obviously commercial radio, I think public broadcasters are ok.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Surely that's the whole point of commercial radio. No different anywhere else in the world That's where they get their money from.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

cypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Surely that's the whole point of commercial radio. No different anywhere else in the world .
Cheeseball, cheap, Americanised and bloody annoying. Have a great day!!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by cypry
Cheeseball, cheap, Americanised and bloody annoying. Have a great day!!
Doesn't worry me, I zone out except when the penile disfunction comes on and then I turn off. My local radio station does 50 minutes of music and no ads and then about 10 - 15 minutes of music and ads. Works quite well.