Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which Radio Station is worth listening to

Which Radio Station is worth listening to

Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:16 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which Radio Station is worth listening to

I'm really struggling to find a radio station I like her in Melbourne. In the UK I mostly listened to Radio 1. I know there are different artists here but is there a station which plays a similar type music here? All the stations I have found seem to play the odd new song but tonnes of golden oldies.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:08 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Radio Station is worth listening to

Originally Posted by herrchook
I'm really struggling to find a radio station I like her in Melbourne. In the UK I mostly listened to Radio 1. I know there are different artists here but is there a station which plays a similar type music here? All the stations I have found seem to play the odd new song but tonnes of golden oldies.
I used to like Triple M in Brisbane (which you can also get in Melbourne) but then I like it because they played a mixed of old and new. Up here the local radio either plays modern pop or country But the crack is absolutely shocking too. I used to like The Cage on my way to work and The Shebang on my way home because there was some good banter between the hosts. I think The Shebang is now the brekkie show in Melbourne(?) but I'm looking forward to getting back into Triple M land.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:12 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

JJJ is an option - bit of an alternative type station and plays lots of unsigned artists and generally new stuff before its made it into the mainstream!

Also, it is very much focussed on home grown talent so you won't get lotsof shitty american rap and hip hop etc.

I find that I end up with a couple of different stations - I like the breakfast show on one station, but for the dirve home I hate the afternoon show on that station and listen to something else! I'm a real station flicker!!!

Triple M used to be the bext in Sydney! Nova seems to be pretty good over the past few years!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:23 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
JJJ is an option - bit of an alternative type station and plays lots of unsigned artists and generally new stuff before its made it into the mainstream!
Lots of people seem to love JJJ but every time I've tried it, a) I haven't got into the music and b) there always seems to be political talk shows on from early evening onwards.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:26 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

In the car, we channel hop between Nova and Fox and then when at home, it's good old Radio One Via the internet.

It's quiet funny eating your tea to the breakfast show.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:27 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by lor
Radio One Via the internet.

It's quiet funny eating your tea to the breakfast show.
Haven't done that for a while but used to do it quite a bit. I still download the Moyles podcast though.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:37 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Haven't done that for a while but used to do it quite a bit.
Then you can tell me, if you think that Moyles is talking more than ever these day's!!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:39 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by lor
Then you can tell me, if you think that Moyles is talking more than ever these day's!!
The podcast is always 29mins30s so it's a bit difficult to answer that one
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:40 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

KISS FM are Melbourne based and also transmit to one or two select areas like Cairns

Dance, trance and in the mix type stuff.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
KISS FM are Melbourne based and also transmit to one or two select areas like Cairns

Dance, trance and in the mix type stuff.
1080 FM here in Perth.............or Radio 6PR talk-back when anything controversial has gone on.

Or any radio station that refuses to play RAP music

(should have a C in front of the R)
Old Aug 14th 2007, 11:21 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobcat
1080 FM here in Perth.............or Radio 6PR talk-back when anything controversial has gone on.

Or any radio station that refuses to play RAP music

(should have a C in front of the R)

I like your spelling skills
Really can't stand that stuff.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 11:30 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

we're a 92.9 family

or at least me and the girls are

Alan likes Nova or 101.7
Old Aug 14th 2007, 11:43 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

104.5....but it aint pretty (more old than new!). The Cage and Will and Lemo is pretty good.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 14th 2007, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

tony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud of

There was a webpage you could access online and listen to some of the aussie radio stations in each state. Dammit...I had it, but had to reformat my hard drive forgetting to save it..anyone help?

Last edited by tony4563; Aug 14th 2007 at 1:38 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

tony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud of

Found it!

http://www.1radio.com.au/

Great website. You can listen to the radio stations in real time and the quality's great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.