Reload this Page >

Radio announcer... jobs?

Radio announcer... jobs?

Old Oct 21st 2007, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

puntoboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Radio announcer... jobs?

Hiya folks, how ya going?

Just a quick little post on the off chance someone might be able to help me here...

In a little while (hopefully), I'll be filling in my visa application for a working holiday in lovely old Aus. All my working life, during school and college, I've been working as a radio announcer and it is something which I'd like to continue doing, because I love the job and (without sounding too full of myself!) I'm good at it (and there's not much I can claim to be good at! )

I wondered if anyone else is working in the industry over there who might able to help, I'm looking for a way to advertise myself to potential employers across Australia, I'll work anywhere, it's all part of the experience. I wondered if anyone could give me any pointers as to where is a good place to start? Radio magazines, websites? I've been trying for months, but have had no luck really!

If anyone could help, that'd be fantastic!

Cheers and take care everyone,

Puntoboy.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:15 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Radio announcer... jobs?

Originally Posted by puntoboy
Hiya folks, how ya going?

Just a quick little post on the off chance someone might be able to help me here...

In a little while (hopefully), I'll be filling in my visa application for a working holiday in lovely old Aus. All my working life, during school and college, I've been working as a radio announcer and it is something which I'd like to continue doing, because I love the job and (without sounding too full of myself!) I'm good at it (and there's not much I can claim to be good at! )

I wondered if anyone else is working in the industry over there who might able to help, I'm looking for a way to advertise myself to potential employers across Australia, I'll work anywhere, it's all part of the experience. I wondered if anyone could give me any pointers as to where is a good place to start? Radio magazines, websites? I've been trying for months, but have had no luck really!

If anyone could help, that'd be fantastic!

Cheers and take care everyone,

Puntoboy.
Have a look here:

http://www.jocksjournal.com/
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:35 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

As someone who used to work in radio and got fed up of it, the link fluff has provided may provide some help.

The best thing to do is send a demo of yourself to the groups. Austereo are the largest group (used to do some work with them) however I would find out what stations operate in the areas you're heading (google) then try and speak to the station manager/programme director.

However no doubt you'll be aware there are lots of others who do the same as you, and probably for nothing.

Where are you by the way?
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:38 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Better start getting your head round Place name pronunciations !!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:36 am
Just Joined

puntoboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for the info guys!

I've contacted Austerio and Macquarie Regional Radioworks etc... but not had much luck, thanks for the link, I'll take a little look now!

Puntoboy.