Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

radical career change?

View Poll Results: a change in jobs or not?
staying the same
0%
slight change
0%
total change
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

radical career change?

Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:03 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default radical career change?

my hubby hates his job and wants a total and utter change when we move.
he is a skilled fitter for airbus uk and wants to do something different
we arent bothered about a cut in salary as we are paying all debts off so will be quite comfy on my wage

now the question is ......................

..........................what is the most drastic career change anyone has made or going to make when moving to australia ???????????

jan xx
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

gjc38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: radical career change?

Went from Area Manager in UK criminal justice, teetering around, suited and booted, from meeting to meeting to.................. Fire Fighter and love it!

I also studied to become a fitness instructor when I arrived and do that part time also.

Is that a big enough change!?
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:14 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robos
we arent bothered about a cut in salary as we are paying all debts off so will be quite comfy on my wage

..........................what is the most drastic career change anyone has made or going to make when moving to australia ???????????

jan xx

Haven't decided yet. But one of the fantastic aspects of moving to Oz that people overlook is the opportunity to do this.

With the weather being so much better it lifts you (unless you're in Melbourne or Taz). You're also not confined to the house for four months of the year because it's so bloody cold outside.

Cost of living is cheaper (at the moment), and leisure facilities so much better.

So, I'm hoping to do something nice and stress free - even it involves part time, and focus on living the life Oz has to offer, rather than focussing on a career.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:18 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn
Haven't decided yet. But one of the fantastic aspects of moving to Oz that people overlook is the opportunity to do this.

With the weather being so much better it lifts you (unless you're in Melbourne or Taz). You're also not confined to the house for four months of the year because it's so bloody cold outside.

Cost of living is cheaper (at the moment), and leisure facilities so much better.

So, I'm hoping to do something nice and stress free - even it involves part time, and focus on living the life Oz has to offer, rather than focussing on a career.

ditto

we couldnt of said it better ourselves

jan xx
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:28 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by robos

jan xx
Could be worse....he could work in the machine shop!! Now that is sh~te!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

my husband worked in re-insurance in the city of London (yawn....) but he is now a mature age apprentice plumber !