Racism in Australia

Racism in Australia

Old Nov 22nd 2008, 9:24 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Racism in Australia

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
And the joke about sheep and the Welsh needs updating too
What to?.. Welsh in Australia and Llama's?
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jond
I didn't realise that was a joke, I thought it was a fact of life
Thanks for clearly demonstrating my point

It's only a myth the English learn whilst getting rodgered by one of the school prefects
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for clearly demonstrating my point

It's only a myth the English learn whilst getting rodgered by one of the school prefects

I wouldn't know about that, we didn't have prefects in my school,

I didn't realise that the Welsh were so touchy about their national pastime
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 12:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jond
I wouldn't know about that, we didn't have prefects in my school,

I didn't realise that the Welsh were so touchy about their national pastime
We're not. It's just banter

Didn't know the English were so touchy about their proclivities

Last edited by MartinLuther; Nov 23rd 2008 at 12:48 am.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 12:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
What to?.. Welsh in Australia and Llama's?
I think that would be a very llame joke
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 1:00 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that would be a very llame joke
I like that one ....
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
I had a discussion with a few Australian friends and they said the Government dropped the ball on this one....... they reckon that in the Airport at the immigration desk they should have set up a BBQ complete with a large Esky of Beer, all the new arrivals should be dressed for the occasion 'Blokes' should wear Shorts, singlets & thongs and the 'Shelia's' should be wearing very skimpy bikinis. They should have the traditional pork Snags, Prawns, Lamb Cutlets, Burgers and maybe a few pork chops. Everyone should should all tuck in and crack open a few cold ones and watch the footy or cricket together and as long as no one has any objections to the above they were welcome if not send them back from where they came from.

That was their Idea of what Australian Values is and I think I might just scrape through.

Which reminds me of the the Australian Citizenship Test please find attached
Some of the true blue Ockers may well consider above requirements does not go any where near far enough in determinating future successful applicants whom have a half way decent chance of being able to get a grip on cultural complications that the newly arrived immigrant will be expected
to comprehend
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=MartinLuther;7000139]We're not. It's just banter

proclivities

Don't use big words, I didn't go to a very good school
Old Nov 24th 2008, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Nicholson_family is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NickyC
Cronulla is the only Sydney beach that has a train station. Consequently lots of non-locals from the western suburbs of Sydney go there because it's so easy to get to. Lebanese youths had been causing trouble there for years, including intimidating other beach goers, but it wasn't until they made the mistake of physically attacking some young surf life savers (a definite no-no on any Australian beach) that the tit-for-tat reprisals started.
Thanks for that insight Nicky. Cronulla is the only south-Sydney location on our list of potential residential areas for the very reason that it is on the train line into the city. I want to live near a beach and I don't like the idea of getting the bus from the Northern Beaches across the Spit every day. Thankfully we're staying 5 nights in Cronulla in December on our reccie including a weekend so hopefully we can catch a flavour of the day-trippers effect.