Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Racism in Australia

Racism in Australia

Old Oct 16th 2006, 4:33 am
Banned

bloodyindian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Racism in Australia

I am an Indian living in Australia. I've been living in Australia for 1 year. I thought Australians are laid back people who don't have racist attitude. But everyday I am made to realize that I was wrong.

Yesterday I was coming out of the Seven hills station. A overgrown, overfed brainless kid started shouting, "I hate bl**dy Indians". I stopped to take a proper look at this guy. He shouted "What the f**k are you looking at. You bl**dy Indian". I took my mobile phone to dial the cops. The kid shouted again "who the f***k are you calling mf."

I had to walk away from there because I am widowed and I have a five year old son who needs me. If I had been young I would been easily provoked. I have observed even the kids want to make fun and provoke Indians. Australians should realize that every race is capable of retatialiating.

This is the second time I have been called BL**DY INDIAN in Australia. Most Indians are patient and Australians interpret our goodness to be weakness. The Indians who migrate here are just just a few who don't have a criminal record. If this kid had said something like this in India he would have been burnt alive.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:08 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Racism in Australia

Originally Posted by bloodyindian
I am an Indian living in Australia. I've been living in Australia for 1 year. I thought Australians are laid back people who don't have racist attitude. But everyday I am made to realize that I was wrong.

Yesterday I was coming out of the Seven hills station. A overgrown, overfed brainless kid started shouting, "I hate bl**dy Indians". I stopped to take a proper look at this guy. He shouted "What the f**k are you looking at. You bl**dy Indian". I took my mobile phone to dial the cops. The kid shouted again "who the f***k are you calling mf."

I had to walk away from there because I am widowed and I have a five year old son who needs me. If I had been young I would been easily provoked. I have observed even the kids want to make fun and provoke Indians. Australians should realize that every race is capable of retatialiating.

This is the second time I have been called BL**DY INDIAN in Australia. Most Indians are patient and Australians interpret our goodness to be weakness. The Indians who migrate here are just just a few who don't have a criminal record.
Please don't judge the entire nation by a couple of idiots. I was physically assaulted on the street by a young Indian man last year, but I haven't let it affect my view of Indians.

If this kid had said something like this in India he would have been burnt alive.
Indeed. And if he was a Christian peacefully minding his own business in India, he might still have been burned alive.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

sid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nice
Default Re: Racism in Australia

I’m sorry to hear you have encountered such vile behaviour… unfortunately there are ignorant people all over the world, but I have read quite a few posts about people encountering racism here. Please don’t let this make you feel that all Australians think this way – the vast majority that I’ve met certainly do not.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:15 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to Ex Pats to you to. Its an unusual first post, most people introduce themselves first.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:24 am
Banned

I am a Christian. Don't conclude that all the people who are burnt in India are Christians. If an OZ wanted to die for Christ that is his choice. He didn't die for his country. You can't go there telling people you are better than them because you believe in something that is better than their belief. I know it is not easy to be a Christian in India. Australian love provoking Indians. Preaching the word of God and provoking Hindu Indian was his choice.

Why were you attacked by a young Indian man? Did you ask him if he was Indian are a middle eastern guy? Did you ask him if he was a Indian when he was assaulting you? Every dark man is not a Indian. Don't make your ignorance our problem. Keep you illetracy to yourself.

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Please don't judge the entire nation by a couple of idiots. I was physically assaulted on the street by a young Indian man last year, but I haven't let it affect my view of Indians.

Indeed. And if he was a Christian peacefully minding his own business in India, he might still have been burned alive.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:27 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bordy
Welcome to Ex Pats to you to. Its an unusual first post, most people introduce themselves first.
Do you want me to introduce myself first on a public forum? Do you think I am dumb because I am Indian?

I have known Brit expats for four years. Stop acting cool. Get over the childish attitude. We know how you think.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:29 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

I am a Christian. Don't conclude that all the people who are burnt in India are Christians. If an OZ wanted to die for Christ that is his choice. He didn't die for his country. You can't go there telling people you are better than them because you believe in something that is better than their belief. I know it is not easy to be a Christian in India. Australian love provoking Indians. Preaching the word of God and provoking Hindu Indian was his choice.

Why were you attacked by a young Indian man? Did you ask him if he was Indian are a middle eastern guy? Did you ask him if he was a Indian when he was assaulting you? Every dark man is not a Indian. Don't make your ignorance our problem. Keep you illetracy to yourself.

My goodness, what a way to introduce yourself !!!!
As Bordy said, not many people who join expats would post like you have (thats if you're for real) if you are, then sadly there are racist people all over the world, regardless of what country you are in, and it is unfortunate you were spoken to in such a manner, but dont tar everyone with the same brush, on the whole most people i have met (australia, UK & Europe) have been nice and friendly, however there have been a few unkind people i have met, just remember, they are the ones with the problem.. not you
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:33 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

I am a Christian. Don't conclude that all the people who are burnt in India are Christians.
I don't.

If an OZ wanted to die for Christ that is his choice. He didn't die for his country. You can't go there telling people you are better than them because you believe in something that is better than their belief. I know it is not easy to be a Christian in India. Australian love provoking Indians. Preaching the word of God and provoking Hindu Indian was his choice.
Staines and his sons weren't Australian; they were English. And they weren't provoking anyone, either. They were decent people who preached Christianity whilst assisting the local leper population.

For this, they were burned alive in their own car by a mob of 100 locals.

Why were you attacked by a young Indian man?
I have absolutely no idea. It was a happy-slapping incident.

Did you ask him if he was Indian are a middle eastern guy? Did you ask him if he was a Indian when he was assaulting you?
I had no chance to ask him anything. I was walking home from the bus stop after work, some time after 9pm. He came up from behind me, struck me violently across the side of the head, took a photo with his phone as I turned around, and ran away.

Since he was a good head and shoulders taller than me, and since his blow had been poorly judged (it didn't even hurt; he'd misjudged the distance) there seemed little point in pursuing him.

A few minutes later, he drove past with his mates, all gesturing rudely and hurling obscenities from the window.

Sometimes people are just idiots. Their skin colour has nothing to do with it.

Every dark man is not a Indian.
I understand this perfectly well, thankyou. I have enough Indian and black friends to be able to tell the difference between them.

Don't make your ignorance our problem. Keep you illetracy to yourself.
I beg your pardon?

I take offence at being called ignorant and illiterate, particularly by someone who doesn't even know me.

You are really not doing yourself any favours here.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you want me to introduce myself first on a public forum? Do you think I am dumb because I am Indian?

I have known Brit expats for four years. Stop acting cool. Get over the childish attitude. We know how you think.
As subtle as a sledgehammer. Welcome friend
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:34 am
Fighting my corner

I am going to step out on a limb here and suggest that the attitude problem might not be entirely other people's.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:38 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

I take offence at being called ignorant and illiterate,
Let's get this right, Vash... He actually said 'Keep you illetracy to yourself.'

It's priceless. You couldn't make it up.

Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:38 am
Banned

I have met some nice white people. I have met more idiots in Australia. If you are a Brit please keep your wisdom to yourself and don't team up because you are white. Get rid of racism in your country first. History is overloaded with your racist sh*t

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
My goodness, what a way to introduce yourself !!!!
As Bordy said, not many people who join expats would post like you have (thats if you're for real) if you are, then sadly there are racist people all over the world, regardless of what country you are in, and it is unfortunate you were spoken to in such a manner, but dont tar everyone with the same brush, on the whole most people i have met (australia, UK & Europe) have been nice and friendly, however there have been a few unkind people i have met, just remember, they are the ones with the problem.. not you
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:41 am
Banned

And teach English to Australians first. English is a necessity for me. I can speak four Indian languages. I am proud of that. If the Americans had not helped you sh*t heads you would all be speaking German and boy that would have been fun. Think you are smart because you are better with your language than me?

I don't care a damn about English. Shov* it!

It is a stupid language with all the words stolen from other European languages.

Originally Posted by iPom
Let's get this right, Vash... He actually said 'Keep you illetracy to yourself.'

It's priceless. You couldn't make it up.

Last edited by bloodyindian; Oct 16th 2006 at 5:44 am.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:44 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

I have met some nice white people. I have met more idiots in Australia. If you are a Brit please keep your wisdom to yourself and don't team up because you are white. Get rid of racism in your country first. History is overloaded with your racist sh*t
Why are you making the assumption that because they are British, they are white?

Can you smell a troll troll troll troll troll troll troll?
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:44 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

And teach English to Australians first. English is a necessity for me. I can speak for Indian languages. I am proud of that. If the Americans had to helped you sh*t heads who would all be speaking German and boy that would have been fun. Think you are smart because you are better with your language better than me?

I don't care a damn about English. Shov* it!

Thank you. I'll certainly try to do that in the future.

It's great to pick up little bits of wisdom from people as I go through life.

Shit head? That's nice. I do like a man who's intelligent enough not to have to resort to the usual common slang and insults. Well done for rising above it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.