Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rachel has just been for Henry's kindy interview.

Wikiposts

Rachel has just been for Henry's kindy interview.

Old Feb 2nd 2006, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rachel has just been for Henry's kindy interview.

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
the teacher is 6? bloody hell!

I know, she's a bit old I think
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 11:14 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
They don't ask for a drink just a water bottle so that they can fill it as they're only allowed to drink water.
I think they expect water in the water bottle Fraser .

Apart from that, it all sounds pretty much par for the course.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 11:20 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
I think they expect water in the water bottle Fraser .

Apart from that, it all sounds pretty much par for the course.
The way they spoke about him, we like to encourage them to carry their own bags.

He's been packing it and walking about with it for the last three weeks in anticipation.

We feel quite guilty because all his friends in England started full time school a month ago.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 11:54 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

The way they spoke about him, we like to encourage them to carry their own bags.

He's been packing it and walking about with it for the last three weeks in anticipation.

We feel quite guilty because all his friends in England started full time school a month ago.

Its good training for when they have to be able to carry their own slab of beer by 12.

Why aren't you working anyway, is it only a few days a week??
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Its good training for when they have to be able to carry their own slab of beer by 12.

The most important skill for a girl anyway, is the ability to fetch a stubbie from the fridge for myself and as many guests as I indicate.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 1:42 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
The most important skill for a girl anyway, is the ability to fetch a stubbie from the fridge for myself and as many guests as I indicate.

You better run before the UK Brigade wake up.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 2:03 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Surely that's the boy's job Won't the girls be sitting waving fans at you and your guests to keep the flies away I now have visions of "It Ain't Half Hot Mum" - showing my age again
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

You better run before the UK Brigade wake up.
Sorry forget to say, she has to be old enough first. I wouldn't ask her to do something she couldn't do. Right now, she is flat out, err..being flat out.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Now now remember all those social skills hes learning Jacks pre school (prep) was odd, even tho they were 4/5 they were not considered old enough to have toilets with doors any old pervy could look in, and after lunch they had a nap, you send sheets and a pillow. Grade one was a bit better, but as others have said theres a lot of cut and pasting etc tho, I found the first half of grade 2 was more like reception in UK, but yes i do realise thats just my opinion.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 2:22 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I've just had the one day so far
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Now now remember all those social skills hes learning Jacks pre school (prep) was odd, even tho they were 4/5 they were not considered old enough to have toilets with doors any old pervy could look in, and after lunch they had a nap, you send sheets and a pillow. Grade one was a bit better, but as others have said theres a lot of cut and pasting etc tho, I found the first half of grade 2 was more like reception in UK, but yes i do realise thats just my opinion.
i. Any son of mine needs a challenge. I spent years consolidating my perving skills. He just can't be given it on a plate. Stick the doors back on I say.

ii. Cutting and pasting is now a lifeskill No. 1
Without it, I would spend twice as much time on my PC and be half as productive. Warning: geek referenece : Some people say they are a C programmer, others a C++ developer. Me, I'm a Crtl-C developer.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 3:24 pm
ABCDiamond

Warning: geek referenece : Some people say they are a C programmer, others a C++ developer. Me, I'm a Crtl-C developer.

Old Feb 2nd 2006, 3:31 pm
ABCDiamond

Rachel told them that he would have started school in the UK by now as he's 4 1/2 she was shocked, she said she spoke about him like he was two.
At what age will he start Year 1 down your way ?

Old Feb 2nd 2006, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
At what age will he start Year 1 down your way ?
Next Febuary.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 3:40 pm
ABCDiamond

Next Febuary.
Ahh. It gets confusing, as Kindergarten up here is followed by Pre-School (reception), and then year 1.

Yours is the similar to NSW, where my daughter did full time Kindergarten, followed by Year 1 starting at age 5yrs 8months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.