Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Raby Bay Apartment Complexes Noise Levels

Raby Bay Apartment Complexes Noise Levels

Old Mar 11th 2008, 3:38 pm
Banned

brendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of light
Default Raby Bay Apartment Complexes Noise Levels

Hello Folks,

Just wondering, has anyone stayed short term, or lived long term in any of the apartment complexes in the Raby Bay area?

There seems to be quite a few apartment blocks along the canal fronts, on the water edges. Is it a quiet peaceful neighbourhood or one to be ignored when looking for a good long term or short term holiday let?

I ask because apartments can be a little suffocating when it comes to other peoples understanding of neighbourly noise levels?

Thank you.

Last edited by brendarover; Mar 11th 2008 at 5:22 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:43 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Raby Bay Apartment Complexes Noise Levels

I would imagine it could get a little noisy if you lived near to the end near to the bars and restauarants...The Icon bar is pretty popular on friday and sat nights...I think they close at midnight and they also have a no music rule in the bar.

Again i'm guessing that it would be pretty quiet during the week..I'd go for one at the opposite end from the bars etc..
Old Mar 11th 2008, 10:05 pm
Banned

brendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Trigger,

Looking at something like this.

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/Prop...did=2006732441

I know this is the purchase price, but there are plenty to rent, looks quite nice?

But is it quiet, or is it a "The Brits are in Benodorm sort of place?"

Is this the bar/night club end of Raby Bay?

Thanks.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:02 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brendarover
Thanks Trigger,

Looking at something like this.

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/Prop...did=2006732441

I know this is the purchase price, but there are plenty to rent, looks quite nice?

But is it quiet, or is it a "The Brits are in Benodorm sort of place?"

Is this the bar/night club end of Raby Bay?

Thanks.
Esperance court is a pretty quiet spot..I think

The apartments you need to avoid are along Masthead drive...in this pic the bars etc are to the right of the picture.

Definately not brits in benidorm
Attached Thumbnails Raby Bay Apartment Complexes Noise Levels-103227712ml1149122158.jpg  
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Esperance court is a pretty quiet spot..I think

The apartments you need to avoid are along Masthead drive...in this pic the bars etc are to the right of the picture.

Definately not brits in benidorm

Thanks mate,

Want to spend a couple of a couple of weeks in a nice quiet spot, just sampling the wild life and local life, a few jars listening to a few tunes, but not making everyone around us life’s a misery through loud tunes, slamming the doors, repeatedly flushing the toilet, and tap dancing at 4am in the morning on the kitchen floor, after ten pints of Dutch p!ss?

Its just apartments seem to be a magnet for “lets p!ss everyone off around us, just because I hate myself and life in general” sort of people?

Looks a nice area, sort of place I could maybe live, is the night life good round there then, it’s not “pills thrills and belly aches” is it?

Don’t want to wake up to loads of kids chasing the dragon, and each other with smiley T shirts on?
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:30 pm

Thanks mate,

Want to spend a couple of a couple of weeks in a nice quiet spot, just sampling the wild life and local life, a few jars listening to a few tunes, but not making everyone around us life’s a misery through loud tunes, slamming the doors, repeatedly flushing the toilet, and tap dancing at 4am in the morning on the kitchen floor, after ten pints of Dutch p!ss?

Its just apartments seem to be a magnet for “lets p!ss everyone off around us, just because I hate myself and life in general” sort of people?

Looks a nice area, sort of place I could maybe live, is the night life good round there then, it’s not “pills thrills and belly aches” is it?

Don’t want to wake up to loads of kids chasing the dragon, and each other with smiley T shirts on?

Raby bay is a pretty affluent area with a stack of Million dollar houses..but you still get the odd dick head everywhere..i'm pretty sure a lot of the apartments are rented..so you get a plenty of blow ins..bound to be some good and some bad..pot luck i'm afraid.

Night life is ok but mainly at the weekends..Qld shuts down at 8pm during the week!
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:40 pm
Banned

Raby bay is a pretty affluent area with a stack of Million dollar houses..but you still get the odd dick head everywhere..i'm pretty sure a lot of the apartments are rented..so you get a plenty of blow ins..bound to be some good and some bad..pot luck i'm afraid.

Night life is ok but mainly at the weekends..Qld shuts down at 8pm during the week!

I am going to go for one i reckon, a four week let, i do quite like to look of the area? My head say's "no, apartments, noise, idiots", my heart says "one last time"?

I just know if there is one last "blow in" well god help them? Just hope there are no salties in that canal, because it could be quite a swim for them, even better a high rise dive from the top floor?

Flunkin hate to death noisy tw@ts who do not think of others, no need for it, but i suppose i will take my blue pill until they upset me, then let the salties deal with them?

Cheers Trigger, thanks for the help and replies, if you are around in June, i will buy you a long one!

Stay lucky!
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:45 pm

I am going to go for one i reckon, a four week let, i do quite like to look of the area? My head say's "no, apartments, noise, idiots", my heart says "one last time"?

I just know if there is one last "blow in" well god help them? Just hope there are no salties in that canal, because it could be quite a swim for them, even better a high rise dive from the top floor?

Flunkin hate to death noisy tw@ts who do not think of others, no need for it, but i suppose i will take my blue pill until they upset me, then let the salties deal with them?

Cheers Trigger, thanks for the help and replies, if you are around in June, i will buy you a long one!

Stay lucky!

4 weeks...you'll survive...where are you now?
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:59 pm
Banned

It was called a "Ghost Town" by our best known town band in the 80's. We now have a band who's tunes do reflect the feeling in the town? The title to their first album is "We will live and Die in these Towns", i am off to see them at a home coming gig! should be good. No it will be great!

The greatest son of our city has is Mr Jet Engine himself.

I will let you guess, concrete city, but its home for now, great memories, but people move on? Too old for the confrontation!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:18 am

It was called a "Ghost Town" by our best known town band in the 80's. We now have a band who's tunes do reflect the feeling in the town? The title to their first album is "We will live and Die in these Towns", i am off to see them at a home coming gig! should be good. No it will be great!

The greatest son of our city has is Mr Jet Engine himself.

I will let you guess, concrete city, but its home for now, great memories, but people move on? Too old for the confrontation!
I'm sure Sir frank would be sorry to lose one of his own...but Raby bay awaits...onwards and most certainly upwards..you'll not go wrong...trust me
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:27 am
Banned

I'm sure Sir frank would be sorry to lose one of his own...but Raby bay awaits...onwards and most certainly upwards..you'll not go wrong...trust me
I had to laugh, you guessed "Sir" yes, i am an engineer myself, well i can engineer a bladdy mess, but seriously, Sir Frank, makes me proud, something so simple yet so pratical, the basis of engineering, maybe why we are now in such a mess, simple is a term that does not promote profit, who know's, i give up, cheers Trigger. For the replies, back now to my quantum physics books?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 3:41 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Hello Folks,

Just wondering, has anyone stayed short term, or lived long term in any of the apartment complexes in the Raby Bay area?

There seems to be quite a few apartment blocks along the canal fronts, on the water edges. Is it a quiet peaceful neighbourhood or one to be ignored when looking for a good long term or short term holiday let?

I ask because apartments can be a little suffocating when it comes to other peoples understanding of neighbourly noise levels?

Thank you.

Hi,
We stayed in Raby Bay when we first came over to Oz in August last year. We stayed at Raby Bay Quays on Esperance Court and it was fab!

There is a lovely pool and also a small gym and sauna and the restaurants etc are only a 5 min stroll away. Sometimes there was a little road noise from Masthead Drive but only occasionally.

We stayed there for 3 months and really enjoyed it, mainly due to the location and amenities on site. There was no problem with noise from neighbours, Berrin who is the manager there lives on site so is very aware of any antisocial behaviour.

If I can help you any further, feel free to PM me
Old Mar 12th 2008, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

kateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=brendarover;6050421]It was called a "Ghost Town" by our best known town band in the 80's.

cov?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 6:57 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by VikkiL
Hi,
We stayed in Raby Bay when we first came over to Oz in August last year. We stayed at Raby Bay Quays on Esperance Court and it was fab!

There is a lovely pool and also a small gym and sauna and the restaurants etc are only a 5 min stroll away. Sometimes there was a little road noise from Masthead Drive but only occasionally.

We stayed there for 3 months and really enjoyed it, mainly due to the location and amenities on site. There was no problem with noise from neighbours, Berrin who is the manager there lives on site so is very aware of any antisocial behaviour.

If I can help you any further, feel free to PM me
http://www.realholidays.com.au/holid...tals/403150765

Looking at this aswell, locality seems good? A good base for a holiday?

Thanks.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by kateandderek2
cov?
Yet to see a ghost though?