Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rabbits & Other Toys = Ship them or Replace them????

Rabbits & Other Toys = Ship them or Replace them????

Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:31 am
Just Joined

wombat2007 has a brilliant futurewombat2007 has a brilliant futurewombat2007 has a brilliant futurewombat2007 has a brilliant futurewombat2007 has a brilliant futurewombat2007 has a brilliant futurewombat2007 has a brilliant future
Red face Rabbits & Other Toys = Ship them or Replace them????

Hi

I'm a new poster - been lurking for years now and learnt some useful tips from you guys thank you! We have our visas, house sale (hopefully) going through in the next 6 weeks and aiming to be in Oz soon

Just wondered what other people did when it came to the whole packers coming and basically packing all sorts of personal stuff eg rabbits, handcuffs etc??? These are not cheap items and to replace them would costs a few hundred quid = but on the other side there is the whole thing of the packers having a laugh and being highly embarrassed by them being packed!!!!!

What have other people done - no way am I taking them in the suitcase as no doubt we'd get stopped by customs and asked to open our cases and my teenage son would never forgive me (or forget!) again!!!!!!

Do they have ann summers in Oz yet???

PM me if you don't want to post!

Any advice very gratefully received!!!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all
Default Re: Rabbits & Other Toys = Ship them or Replace them????

Originally Posted by wombat2007
Hi

I'm a new poster - been lurking for years now and learnt some useful tips from you guys thank you! We have our visas, house sale (hopefully) going through in the next 6 weeks and aiming to be in Oz soon

Just wondered what other people did when it came to the whole packers coming and basically packing all sorts of personal stuff eg rabbits, handcuffs etc??? These are not cheap items and to replace them would costs a few hundred quid = but on the other side there is the whole thing of the packers having a laugh and being highly embarrassed by them being packed!!!!!

What have other people done - no way am I taking them in the suitcase as no doubt we'd get stopped by customs and asked to open our cases and my teenage son would never forgive me (or forget!) again!!!!!!

My shippers told me I could leave clothes in the drawers in bedroom furniture so guess what I just wrapped them in jumpers and hid them at the bottom, they didn't even open drawers just taped them shut so they'll never know lol ;D

Last edited by sals; Jul 13th 2007 at 11:34 am. Reason: spelling yet again
Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=rabbits
Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:47 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondered what other people did when it came to the whole packers coming and basically packing all sorts of personal stuff eg rabbits, handcuffs etc???

Kinky!!

Not that I am aware, although there are plenty of adult shops aroubd the place and I am sure that you could get stuff on the internet.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Hi

You say again! Has the poor boy found them before?
Old Jul 13th 2007, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

wombat2007 has a brilliant futurewombat2007 has a brilliant futurewombat2007 has a brilliant futurewombat2007 has a brilliant futurewombat2007 has a brilliant futurewombat2007 has a brilliant futurewombat2007 has a brilliant future

not since he was a little boy and wanted to know what they were! Quickly moved and hidden!!!!!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:25 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

http://shop.adultshop.com.au/
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:05 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add here

There are some HUGE 'tool' shops in Canberra where replacements can be found - there is a whole suburb dedicated to them (Fishwyck) there so if anyone is passing through its the place to go.

And when I mean HUGE shops - I mean literally shops as big as tesco's!!

....so I've heard anyway........

filth ...utter filth.....
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:08 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

I am so glad you bought this up and that is all I'm saying. Will be watching this thread with interest
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:14 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
I am so glad you bought this up and that is all I'm saying. Will be watching this thread with interest
I just can't wait to see whether you make it to any of the BE meet ups in Australia. Can you imagine what the topic of discusion will be....

No one wil care how the move went, whether you have a job, how your settling in and whether you've foudn a new house...

All the questions will obviously revolve around whether you're arsenal of weapons made it to your bedside drawer OK!!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
Just to add here

There are some HUGE 'tool' shops in Canberra where replacements can be found - there is a whole suburb dedicated to them (Fishwyck) there so if anyone is passing through its the place to go.

And when I mean HUGE shops - I mean literally shops as big as tesco's!!

....so I've heard anyway........

filth ...utter filth.....
ACT/ Canberra the only place in Aus that you can legally buy XXX dvd's and fireworks.( so I saw somewhere) Read in to that what you will!!:
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:36 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Im afraid I would brazen it out and pack them in my case then if stopped just act all blase and matter of factly.

Rather this than the removal guys playing with them or whatever it is they might do.

I would get it over and done with and put them in a padded envelope with 'sex toys including vibrators that are bigger than any man could hope to be' written on it.

Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:37 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

Originally Posted by black cat
ACT/ Canberra the only place in Aus that you can legally buy XXX dvd's and fireworks.( so I saw somewhere) Read in to that what you will!!:
Yeah, thats true - Canberra and the surrounding countryside are part of the ACT (Australian Capital Territory) which is government by its own laws etc. It is the only place where you can buy those items!

The other intersting thing is that it contains one of the highest concentrations of brothels in the country - and further, that business in the brothels increases by something like 300% for weeks when federal Parliament is in session......

politicians hey.......
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, thats true - Canberra and the surrounding countryside are part of the ACT (Australian Capital Territory) which is government by its own laws etc. It is the only place where you can buy those items!

The other intersting thing is that it contains one of the highest concentrations of brothels in the country - and further, that business in the brothels increases by something like 300% for weeks when federal Parliament is in session......

politicians hey.......
You seem remarkably well informed!!!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

I just can't wait to see whether you make it to any of the BE meet ups in Australia. Can you imagine what the topic of discusion will be....

No one wil care how the move went, whether you have a job, how your settling in and whether you've foudn a new house...

All the questions will obviously revolve around whether you're arsenal of weapons made it to your bedside drawer OK!!
pmsl c

on a more serious note cant you just ask for a bx from the removals and say you want to pack some personal items clothes etc????

andy you do seem to know quite a lot on subject

anything you want to share with us

i personal dont know anything about this subject as i am a good girl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.