Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rabbit Proof Fence Sat 28th Jan 9.10 pm BBC 2!!

Wikiposts

Rabbit Proof Fence Sat 28th Jan 9.10 pm BBC 2!!

Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:48 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rabbit Proof Fence Sat 28th Jan 9.10 pm BBC 2!!

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Yep, agreed. Sadly, some whites could watch it and not feel uneasy but I'm not one of them!

A similar film could have been made about all the boys and girls in orphanages and in foster care in the UK who were split up - some kept in the UK, others effectively deported to Australia or both sent to Australia and put with different foster parents.

In their (lack of) wisdom at the time they did not tell children where their siblings were and destroyed the records. I read something a while ago about the role of the UK and Australian governments and institutions such as Barnardo's which don't come out smelling of roses over this shameful episode.

If 'Astonished' feels better by believing that these things never happened then so be it. (stand for President of Iran or move over David Irving, you'll say the holocaust was fabricated, right!) You will find that the film is a reasonably accurate portrayal of the real life of Dorothy Pilkington no matter what you or the director said. BTW Noyce the director is an Aussie who went to Hollywood. That's as in Philip Noyce not what you would hear on Kath and Kim.

More info on the film, cast, story etc at:

http://www.iofilm.co.uk/feats/interv...nce_2002.shtml

OzTennis

i wholly agree.
the link i put up goes to an interesting site about indiginous australians rights, the article is about doris pilkington
......perhaps astonished would put up a link to the source of his information too?
Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:51 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

great film, sad story, I guess I'm one of the few people who work with Aboriginal communities on here and the good news is they love it too, sweet
Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

astonished has a spectacular aura aboutastonished has a spectacular aura aboutastonished has a spectacular aura about

THE oldest girl depicted in the film is on the PUBLIC RECORD as stating the film is not true. What more do you need to know or are black people not reliable witnesses about their own lives?

Incidently Noyes the director has Admitted most of it is not fact!! OMG how much more evidence do you need.

I suppose you believe everything in Mel Gibsons Braveheart and the film U571 as well. OMG Moonbat alert!

Last edited by astonished; Jan 25th 2006 at 10:56 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

astonished has a spectacular aura aboutastonished has a spectacular aura aboutastonished has a spectacular aura about

you may also care to ponder the abuse the director put young children through whilst casting this film (documented on the ABC) for which he has shown no regrets. An evil stalinist propaganda film pure and simple
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:02 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

i watched "the making of" while we were still in the uk and found it better than the film.
good thread mate.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astonished
THE oldest girl depicted in the film is on the PUBLIC RECORD as stating the film is not true. What more do you need to know or are black people not reliable witnesses about their own lives?

Incidently Noyes the director has Admitted most of it is not fact!! OMG how much more evidence do you need.

I suppose you believe everything in Mel Gibsons Braveheart and the film U571 as well. OMG Moonbat alert!
Correct me if I'm wrong but I get the impression that the point you are trying to make is this type of thing didn't happen and is best forgotten about. Most of the compassionate people in this thread are commenting on the wider issues of what indisputably did take place (whether it was exactly true in Pilkington's case or as depicted in the film is immaterial in this context).

There are plenty of rabbit holes or sand in Oz for you to hide your head in if you want if your comments are referring to the wider issue as well.

BTW - rabbit, introduced vermin by the (English gentry) huntin' and shootin' brigade!

OzTennis
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:08 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

DONT speak to me like that.

I asked if you would like to put a link up to your source.
im not in the mood for some snotty little twat like you to start slinging mud about...
just put up the f'''ing link so we can see what you so obviusly know.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:14 pm
Sharks out of the Pool

mick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Rabbit Proof Fence Sat 28th Jan 9.10 pm BBC 2!!

Originally Posted by OzTennis
There are plenty of rabbit holes or sand in Oz for you to hide your head in if you want if your comments are referring to the wider issue as well.

BTW - rabbit, introduced vermin by the (English gentry) huntin' and shootin' brigade!

OzTennis
Myxomatosis to the lot of them and thats Just the Huntin and shooting brigade (no rabbits were harmed during this post!)
Attached Thumbnails Rabbit Proof Fence Sat 28th Jan 9.10 pm BBC 2!!-foxhunting.jpg  
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy
i watched "the making of" while we were still in the uk and found it better than the film.
good thread mate.

2 of the girls were called daisy and grace - made my blood run quite cold
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Do not bury your head in the sand over issues like this ...

True or fiction, this went on ... to someone, somewhere and as sure as eggs are eggs it probably still does ...
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:19 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Do not bury your head in the sand over issues like this ...

True or fiction, this went on ... to someone, somewhere and as sure as eggs are eggs it probably still does ...
well it doesn't now but it did.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

fingers crossed ...

Originally Posted by walla1
well it doesn't now but it did.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:26 pm
Banned

spiral tribe is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess we will be reading next that the holocaust never happened either.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:27 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by Three Legs
fingers crossed ...
much to political these days for things like that to happen again mate
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:28 pm
Sharks out of the Pool

mick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond repute

I agree........that Braveheart can't be true - An Australian who became an American then became Scottish to fight the English. Wouldn't have minded his airmiles back then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.