Reload this Page >

RAAF Richmond near Sydney

Wikiposts

RAAF Richmond near Sydney

Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:11 pm
Badge

Default Re: RAAF Richmond near Sydney

Originally Posted by bondipom
He he. There are a lot of new housing estates up NW and little in the way of public transport for them. Hence the increase in traffic. That does mean plenty of choice of new housing. Just make sure proper checks are done as a lot are bodgy build your owns.
Emu Plains comes to mind. they have a kit home deal.

Windsor and Richmond are supposed to be a bit bible belt aren't they not?
Its like everything else, only you can find out whether you like it or not.

I did go to Richmond once and it seemed OK, as someone said, it's a first impressions insight.

it would get bloody hot (and cold) there.

Badge

Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:20 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Badge

I did go to Richmond once and it seemed OK, as someone said, it's a first impressions insight.

Badge
Baulkham Hills is where Hillsong is based. Too many Ned Flanders up that way. You are right about the hot and cold.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:31 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Badge
Hi Badge

Trying to look at areas in and around Richmond and have been recommended Penrith. Anyone got any views on Penrith and also an indication of the distance from there to RAAF Richmond please?

TIA
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:33 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by tygwyn
Hi Badge

Trying to look at areas in and around Richmond and have been recommended Penrith. Anyone got any views on Penrith and also an indication of the distance from there to RAAF Richmond please?

TIA
Penrith would be what....

It is the home of the Penrith Panthers Rugby Leaue team, their Leagues club is huge; MASSIVE..

it's hilly;

it's near the Blue Mountains...

That's all I know..

Badge

Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:41 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Penrith would be what....

It is the home of the Penrith Panthers Rugby Leaue team, their Leagues club is huge; MASSIVE..

it's hilly;

it's near the Blue Mountains...

That's all I know..

Badge
Cheers Badge!

Hadn't heard of them before now so thats gives me a bit more to look at. Do you know how close to the Blue Mountains it is?

TIA
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:44 pm
Badge

Cheers Badge!

Hadn't heard of them before now so thats gives me a bit more to look at. Do you know how close to the Blue Mountains it is?

TIA
hmmm...15 mins on the train??? I really can't remember. Penrith would I guess be the gateway to the area.......?

Badge

Old Apr 17th 2005, 9:24 am

hmmm...15 mins on the train??? I really can't remember. Penrith would I guess be the gateway to the area.......?

Badge
At least 30 mins to Katoomba. Penrith Panthers world of entertainment is a surreal place but great for mullet spotting.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 3:58 am
Deb,Dave&Adam

sunsetsmiler will become famous soon enoughsunsetsmiler will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bondipom
At least 30 mins to Katoomba. Penrith Panthers world of entertainment is a surreal place but great for mullet spotting.
Are we talking fish or haircuts?????
Old Apr 18th 2005, 4:01 am
Deb,Dave&Adam

sunsetsmiler will become famous soon enoughsunsetsmiler will become famous soon enough

Cheers Badge!

TIA
Ty, do we ever work?? e-mail sent
D
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by sunsetsmiler
Are we talking fish or haircuts?????
Haircuts.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 10:52 am
ABCDiamond

Badge
I agree with that Having lived in St Clair, about 25 minutes from Windsor, where my wife worked, we now prefer the weather here in SE QLD
(Cooler in Summer, warmer in Winter.)

Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Out of the corner of my eye (I was busy in the kitchen) I could see that Penrith was on "The Great Outdoors" last night. So must be ok if they even get tourists. For those in the UK, "the Great Outdoors" is a travel programme. Apparently Penrith was the first place outside North America for a KrispyKreme store to open.

Anyway....about Richmond.....we drove through it last month - it looked like a small country town - very tidy and surrounded by nice countryside - one drawback......living near airfield (might be noisy ). Haven't read or seen anything negative about this area.

Also, did not see Ned Flanders......by the way, would it be that bad living next door to him?? Hi-diddly-do neighbours
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:45 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by chocaholic
Apparently Penrith was the first place outside North America for a KrispyKreme store to open.
We had some friends up the other week, from Penrith, and they brought a box of KrispyKremes up on the plane

I'd never heard of them before, but everyone is raving about them, except me !!

one drawback......living near airfield (might be noisy )
Worth checking the exact flight paths, we never got any over us in St Clair

Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
We had some friends up the other week, from Penrith, and they brought a box of KrispyKremes up on the plane

I love the KK logo - but I find the KKs too sweet.

Regarding airfield - I was just thinking of my sister who lives in Lakenheath. She says you get used to the noise but I was not used to hearing those fighter jets. I just about fell out of bed when they flew over at 6 a.m. (could've been 7 a.m.).
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Not a Krispy Kreme fan myself. Just a lot of fatty nothing.

I wouldn't put my relatives through the tourist delights of Penrith unless I was getting annoyed with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.