Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

RAAF Richmond near Sydney

Wikiposts

RAAF Richmond near Sydney

Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:47 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RAAF Richmond near Sydney

ABC in with the big boot again
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:50 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by chocaholic
Hi Greggsy,
As I mentioned in the other thread - we drove through Richmond in the evening and during the day. It seemed like a nice area - it didn't look rough at all. The countryside around it was really nice - we thought. It's far from Cabramatta and trouble-spots of SW Sydney. I would say it was far NW of Sydney. We only drove through though, so can't say more about it than "what immediately meets the eye".
I think the OP should not even consider SW Sydney when looking at working in Richmond, it's way too far away I've forgotten where this bit came into the thread now.

Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:53 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by soapy
ABC in with the big boot again
Boot ? I don't have any boots I gave them away when I left Sydney

Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:54 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I think the OP should not even consider SW Sydney when looking at working in Richmond, it's way too far away I've forgotten where this bit came into the thread now.
Another good point ABC
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:55 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

I think the OP should not even consider SW Sydney when looking at working in Richmond, it's way too far away
funny u should say that. i rmbr when we were waiting to come to Oz. we stuck a pin in randwick then drew a wee circle round it. i think we thought at the time 30mins was enough to drive in the morn. we were looking at the sylvania area. after our first visit there we decided it was too far to drive every day
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

I'm not sure now where places like Mascot and Cabramatta came into the discussion, maybe it was in the other Greggsy thread. I would be looking to live in the Richmond area or Windsor if I worked there too......what a luxury not having to commute in to the Sydney CBD.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:00 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

It is actually income tested, so not every family will get it, I know quite a few families that don't qualify for either the FTB (child benefit) or the Child Care allowance, due to income levels.
Well they'd have to be on a good whack I'd say ABC. Any idea at what level of income its reduced or stopped at?

I know some benefits recently handed down you can't get unless you are on at least $50,000 which seems ludicrous to me as the less you earn the more assistance you need, not the other way around. But then we have a Liberal govt in Canberra don't we?
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:02 pm
Banned

I would be looking to live in the Richmond area or Windsor if I worked there too......what a luxury not having to commute in to the Sydney CBD.
A VERY good point!
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:04 pm
Master of verbal pish©

I'm not sure now where places like Mascot and Cabramatta came into the discussion, maybe it was in the other Greggsy thread. I would be looking to live in the Richmond area or Windsor if I worked there too......what a luxury not having to commute in to the Sydney CBD.
sometimes i wonder. when a lot of new members join. it looks as if they are trying to stay as far away from their work as possible
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

sometimes i wonder. when a lot of new members join. it looks as if they are trying to stay as far away from their work as possible
Is it because people want to live near(ish) the beach but only some companies are actually based there? There's a lot of big companies establishing themselves around the Castle Hill/Norwest kind of area - but that's a big commute from, say, Strathfield, or where you are, Soapy!
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:14 pm
Banned

Is it because people want to live near(ish) the beach but only some companies are actually based there? There's a lot of big companies establishing themselves around the Castle Hill/Norwest kind of area - but that's a big commute from, say, Strathfield, or where you are, Soapy!
Strathfield/Fairfield are industrial type areas but Geez who wants to live out there. Miles from anywhere.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:14 pm
Master of verbal pish©

good point !
but i think i would rather walk to work than be near the beach. maybe thats just me chocy
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:17 pm
Banned

Is it because people want to live near(ish) the beach
Think migrants from UK have this fascination with sandy beaches, hot sultry weather, 4x4's and 4x2's with a pool out the back. Once they get here then they will find reality is somewhat different.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:21 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Hi Greggsy

Someone mentioned Penrith and area when thinking of richmond, any thoughts anyone. Interested in your thoughts as we are also in aviation job search/area looking mode, also thinking of newcastle area nsw#

cheers halflinggirl
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

good point !
but i think i would rather walk to work than be near the beach. maybe thats just me chocy
Yes, walking to work would be great......but if you work in one of those massive industrial estates - you need a car just to cross the road.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.