Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

r they have to repeat the whole year?

r they have to repeat the whole year?

Old Jun 21st 2010, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

samanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: r they have to repeat the whole year?

Originally Posted by dave99
If her grasp of english is like yours I think it might be a good idea for her to repeat a year

oooooooooooooooo sorry had to do it, reading over your post before you make it can really help
Thank you for your advice

Why u bother yourself and reply just for English than even try to help answering my question?

English is not my native language. I am now preparing to pass IELTS in order to start master in civil engineering.

anyway thank u for your kindness.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Kat_uk is an unknown quantity at this point

If her grasp of english is like yours I think it might be a good idea for her to repeat a year

oooooooooooooooo sorry had to do it, reading over your post before you make it can really help

Re: How do I contribute to Australia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hmm so your question is, not what wealth, education you can bring to australia but how you can bring your mind? and how your mind can improve australia?

strange question

As long as you bring your money and dont ruffel to many australian feathers by pointing out things that are crap, aussie dont like that, they carnt take criticism of what they think is the best country in the world, then you will get on fine.

Also dont think your going to get a better way of life for your family, it may not be. It might be worse, or it might just be different rather than better
Old Jun 21st 2010, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samanada
Thank you for your advice

Why u bother yourself and reply just for English than even try to help answering my question?

English is not my native language. I am now preparing to pass IELTS in order to start master in civil engineering.

anyway thank u for your kindness.
If you have a title like that, starting with an "r"and then use "u" all the time like your writing on a mobile phone. As well as making it really hard to make sense of, then I am sorry but you have to expect someone to mention it. This is the Internet after all!.

Check out http://www.engrish.com/
I think you might like it

Last edited by dave99; Jun 21st 2010 at 4:21 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kat_uk
Hi Amp

Have you tried Atkins Global? They are a UK consultancy that takes on Graduates in various engineering related diciplins. I know they have an Oil and Gas Division and also offices in Australia. However that is as much as I know as I am not in that field.

Good luck
Kat
Old Jun 21st 2010, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Kat_uk is an unknown quantity at this point

I was only trying to point out we all make mistakes.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Sushimania will become famous soon enoughSushimania will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by breezeboylan;
Yep, she did the last 4 weeks of year 6 only and then broke up for the summer holidays and returned in the new year in year 7. I could have just waited and started her in year 7 but thought the 4 weeks would give her a chance to make friends and know people for the summer holidays. It worked a treat, she had lots of friends all over summer and that resulted in her settling in really well.
Tracie
Hello Tracie,
Your daughter must be so friendly! My main concern in having my daughter starts in term 4 is how she would fit in to the current class. She is a bit quiet and I don't want her to feel like she is the odd one out. Any tips on how to ease her into the new class? Thanks.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Yep, she did the last 4 weeks of year 6 only and then broke up for the summer holidays and returned in the new year in year 7. I could have just waited and started her in year 7 but thought the 4 weeks would give her a chance to make friends and know people for the summer holidays. It worked a treat, she had lots of friends all over summer and that resulted in her settling in really well.
Tracie
Hi breezeboylan

sorry I missed ur reply.

This is a good idea to go to school just when we arrive. It is a good chance for the kids to make friends. It would help them to get familiar with the new environment before starting the new school year.
That will make going back to school interesting instead of doing this in the beginning of the school year.
Thank u very much
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sushimania
Hello Tracie,
Your daughter must be so friendly! My main concern in having my daughter starts in term 4 is how she would fit in to the current class. She is a bit quiet and I don't want her to feel like she is the odd one out. Any tips on how to ease her into the new class? Thanks.
My daughter wasn't the most out going of kids TBH (thats all changed now!) it just didn't seem to be a problem though. She settled in fine. We did make a point of getting her to invite friends home for tea and she had a lot of sleep overs in the first year. As shes an only child we have always encouraged friends around the house and that seemed to work well here as well. She usually invited one or two friends to the beach etc with us at the weekends. I'm sure your daughter will settle in fine
Tracie
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 8:12 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by samanada
hi ABCDiamond
thank u very much
I read this in another forum I couldn't find it now. I feel this very weird and I want to know is that true or false ??
My best advice: Don't believe 'everything' you read on any forum.

2nd Best advice: Check with the local state education department.

What you have heard/read is a bit unusual, and something that I can't recall seeing before in my years of reading these forums. On that basis, my best guess is that it isn't the case, otherwise I am sure it would have cropped up quite a few times in the last 6 years.

Old Jul 7th 2010, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
My best advice: Don't believe 'everything' you read on any forum.

2nd Best advice: Check with the local state education department.

What you have heard/read is a bit unusual, and something that I can't recall seeing before in my years of reading these forums. On that basis, my best guess is that it isn't the case, otherwise I am sure it would have cropped up quite a few times in the last 6 years.
hi ABCDiamond
sorry there were some problems in my computer and I don't want to reply from my mobile
I will take your advice thank you very much.