Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

R.Ns in Brisbane

R.Ns in Brisbane

Old Aug 27th 2010, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

baker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the rough
Default R.Ns in Brisbane

Our family is moving to Brisbane next year and we are doing research on jobs, houses, schools and areas to live in.
2 areas we think look quite nice are McDowall and Bayside (Gumdale) where the schools look great.
My wife has been a nurse for 16 years and currently works in Oncology.We were wondering if there is much work for nurses in these areas without having to commute into the CBD. Prince Charles hospital is quite close to McDowall and there are hospitals in Wynnam and Cleveland.
She would consider any nursing positions but would prefer not to do Aged care (been there, done that).
Any Info would be a real help.
Thanks
Dave and Ang
Old Aug 27th 2010, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: R.Ns in Brisbane

have you tried asking on the nurses forum?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Has your wife submitted an expression of interest with QLD Health? You can do this via their website & can specify where you would like to work, specialty etc
http://www.health.qld.gov.au/workforus/

I got my current position this way.

Good luck
Old Aug 27th 2010, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

baker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks
Old Aug 27th 2010, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully some of the Brissie people will be along soon with advice about areas but if not, I suggest that you start a new thread, specifically for that.