Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Qustion re container custom clearence and charging ?

Qustion re container custom clearence and charging ?

Old Nov 8th 2006, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold
Default Qustion re container custom clearence and charging ?

On average - what do you have to pay when your container of household effects arrives in port ?

I've arranged for a container to forward the stuff - but thats uncleared ( whatever that means) So i'm just looking for an average ballpark figure of the costs the other end - Any ideas ?

Thanks

Last edited by Phoenix; Nov 8th 2006 at 8:37 am. Reason: cos i can't speeeelll
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qustion re container custom clearence and charging ?

Originally Posted by phoenix_uk
On average - what do you have to pay when your container of household effects arrives in port ?

I've arranged for a container to forward the stuff - but thats uncleared ( whatever that means) So i'm just looking for an average ballpark figure of the costs the other end - Any ideas ?

Thanks
The unpredictable figure is the AQIS one - thats the Quarantine people. they choose how much to inspect, and then they charge per item destroyed/treated. Noone can tell you in advance how much tha'll cost.