Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Quote for electrical work

Quote for electrical work

Old Mar 11th 2009, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of
Default Quote for electrical work

To anybody who can help.
Rough estimate needed for following work.

There was a bank of 6 circuit breakers (between 10 and 30 amps) one packed and as they were obsolete a new box with current models had to be made and installed.
Plus some tracing of what 3 of the outside power switches actually do.

One trip to check out the situation and one to do the installation.

All in Adelaide (if that makes any difference).

How much should it cost?
Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quote for electrical work

Sorry can't help you, but I guess from your post you think you have been overcharged?

All I can say is that when I did some work on my consumer unit (the box where the breakers are) in the UK, I was surprised just how expensive the breakers and box were.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Sorry can't help you, but I guess from your post you think you have been overcharged?

All I can say is that when I did some work on my consumer unit (the box where the breakers are) in the UK, I was surprised just how expensive the breakers and box were.

A bit different situation.
An electrician who does a fair bit contracting for me at work has done these little bits for me at home.

I expect him to quote me much less than he should (same happened with the plumber) and I do not feel comfortable paying much less than normal rates.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 6:21 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mipik
A bit different situation.
An electrician who does a fair bit contracting for me at work has done these little bits for me at home.

I expect him to quote me much less than he should (same happened with the plumber) and I do not feel comfortable paying much less than normal rates.
Well pay him the normal rate then