Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Quotations to help with it all

Quotations to help with it all

Old Jun 6th 2005, 6:04 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quotations to help with it all

I saw this quote which was attributed to Winston Churchill and thought it was appropriate to cover at least the first couple of years in an immigrants chosen country.

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm" (Perhaps it could be amended to ' go from frustration to frustration....etc)

I know it's a bit like 'if at first you don't succeed.....'

Anyone got any others?
Old Jun 6th 2005, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quotations to help with it all

Originally Posted by arnie2oz
I saw this quote which was attributed to Winston Churchill and thought it was appropriate to cover at least the first couple of years in an immigrants chosen country.

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm" (Perhaps it could be amended to ' go from frustration to frustration....etc)

I know it's a bit like 'if at first you don't succeed.....'

Anyone got any others?
Winston Churchill quote:
Lady X: Prime Minister, you're drunk.
Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly, but I shall be sober in the morning.
Lady X: If you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea.
Churchill: Madam, if you were my wife ... I'd drink it.
Oh sorry you wanted something inspiring

Winston Churchill quote:
Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Jun 6th 2005, 9:42 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

You two been drinking from the same bottle haven't you ?

Now, some inspiration in true Robert the Bruce style....

If at first you don't succeed.......blow the bloody cave up
Old Jun 6th 2005, 1:47 pm
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

Reading this forum, the phrase "There's nowt so queer as folk" springs readily to mind......
Old Jun 6th 2005, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCrone
Reading this forum, the phrase "There's nowt so queer as folk" springs readily to mind......
I'll leap to Bix's defence here

He is many things, but not queer. (well apart from the pigs arses photo obviously that needs some psychological help, and he could have washed before getting in there)

But I believe he's straight. Apart from the pig thing,

JTL
Old Jun 6th 2005, 2:34 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

But I believe he's straight. Apart from the pig thing,

JTL
They were all sows