British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Quorn is coming to Australia - WOO HOO!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/quorn-coming-australia-woo-hoo-672365/)

Perthforme Jun 28th 2010 5:17 pm

Re: Quorn is coming to Australia - WOO HOO!!!

1 Attachment(s)
I didneeeee have Quorn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roamer25 Jul 2nd 2010 1:47 pm

Stocked up on Quorn in cole's in the Pilbara! Amazing stuff!
So much better than that Veggie Delight crap.
And so much less fat! :D

petensue Jul 2nd 2010 2:16 pm

Had a really good day yesterday:)My daughter won a days hire of a bouncy castle,asked a neighbour to turn his music down a bit(outdoor speaker right next to the bedrooms)not only he did but he moved the speaker.Then went to Woolworths and found some Quorn stuff when I was not looking for it I just saw the meat free label and realised it was Quorn:D.Sue

Sherlock Holmes Jul 2nd 2010 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by spartacus (Post 8664369)
Those robbing Quornish barstewards!

Do you think perhaps they're sending all of their 'seconds' over to the colonies?

I think it was Cornish Pirates actually.

Nikki.P Jul 2nd 2010 10:52 pm

Woohooooo, finally found Quorn in my local coles and more than a wee bit excited. Had the sausages last night and stocked up on pieces, strips and schnitzels. At long last some decent veggie food.

SillyOldBag Jul 3rd 2010 10:20 am

I bought my first Quorn sausages yesterday in Coles. I think at this price though I won't be eating them often, but it's good to have them back as an option. I generally only bought the chilled products when I was in UK but at least this is a start! They didn't have the mince which I was a bit disappointed about but maybe next time!

ianandhelena Jul 8th 2010 4:25 am

all the quorn stuff now on sale in Kingston!!!!

dippers only 13 pieces as whinged about before, but correct by weight as on the pack, the rest of the range avail incl. mince, so good to see that.

Jen1977ni Jul 8th 2010 10:21 am

You'd wonder why Quorn wouldn't just allow it to be made her as opposed to being shipped all the way from the UK, it'd work out soooo much cheaper for us Quorn addicts here in Oz...

helinuk Jul 8th 2010 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 8687603)
You'd wonder why Quorn wouldn't just allow it to be made her as opposed to being shipped all the way from the UK, it'd work out soooo much cheaper for us Quorn addicts here in Oz...

Thanks for posting this news:thumbup:
I wonder if it's going to be sold in NZ, I'll have to go and have a look. I used to buy the lemon and pepper steaks? as an easy item to cook when I made roast for the family. It's been 3 yrs since I've eat Quorn and I miss it. I'll have to look out for next time I visit OZ.
Helen

Jen1977ni Jul 8th 2010 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by helinuk (Post 8688283)
Thanks for posting this news:thumbup:
I wonder if it's going to be sold in NZ, I'll have to go and have a look. I used to buy the lemon and pepper steaks? as an easy item to cook when I made roast for the family. It's been 3 yrs since I've eat Quorn and I miss it. I'll have to look out for next time I visit OZ.
Helen

There's a toll free NZ number on the back of the packaging, why not give them a ring and ask?

OZ 1800 061 279
NZ 0800 448 613

Good luck...

spartacus Jul 8th 2010 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 8687603)

I thinks its got to do with the quorn tree not growing very well in hot dry climates, they prefer dark days and boggy soils . . . or it might have something to do with water spinning anticlockwise when you empty the bath . . .

Jen1977ni Jul 8th 2010 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by spartacus (Post 8688323)
I thinks its got to do with the quorn tree not growing very well in hot dry climates, they prefer dark days and boggy soils . . . or it might have something to do with water spinning anticlockwise when you empty the bath . . .

Oiiii, cheeky sod lol :p

helinuk Jul 8th 2010 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 8688296)
There's a toll free NZ number on the back of the packaging, why not give them a ring and ask?

OZ 1800 061 279
NZ 0800 448 613

Good luck...

As the Kiwis would say " thanks for that".:)

Jen1977ni Jul 8th 2010 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by helinuk (Post 8688683)
As the Kiwis would say " thanks for that".:)

Nottttt a problem :)

Jen1977ni Jul 18th 2010 7:32 pm

The Quorn range is on offer in Coles from the 22nd July til the 28th, down from $5.99 to $4, SO STOCK UP PEOPLE!!! :thumbsup: