British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Quorn is coming to Australia - WOO HOO!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/quorn-coming-australia-woo-hoo-672365/)

kporte Jun 20th 2010 6:52 pm

Re: OMG I'VE JUST EATEN A QUORN SAUSAGE!!!

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 8645789)
*GULP* I've not seen that...I dread to think lol

It's Quan but that's close enough!

Jen1977ni Jun 20th 2010 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by kporte (Post 8645802)
It's Quan but that's close enough!

Ur a buck ejit, but I like it lol

KatieStar Jun 20th 2010 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 8645763)
OMG I HAVE JUST EATEN A QUORN SAUSAGE FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE JANUARY!!! WOO HOO!!!! lol (I went to Coles this morning before school and they had just finished putting all of the Quorn out, I managed to grab the manager who showed me where it was, at which point I started giggling like an absolute nutjob, poor fella! ...All he could say was, 'Oh I love your accent where r u from!?' meanwhile I was saying 'Where is it, show me the Quorn NOWWWW!!!' lololol

:thumbsup:

Wow that is a whole lot of Quorn. I am going to have to get to my local supermarkets and see are they stocked up yet. :)

Jen1977ni Jun 20th 2010 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by KatieStar (Post 8645932)
Wow that is a whole lot of Quorn. I am going to have to get to my local supermarkets and see are they stocked up yet. :)

I held some over to pick up after school, and embarrassingly, when I arrived back it seemed nobody had bought anything from the cabinet lol :lol:

KatieStar Jun 20th 2010 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 8645956)
I held some over to pick up after school, and embarrassingly, when I arrived back it seemed nobody had bought anything from the cabinet lol :lol:

LOL, the Aussies will soon catch on. I will start a campaign. Every BBQ I go to bring a plate of Quorn :lol:

Morley Jun 21st 2010 2:26 pm

Re: Quorn is coming to Australia - WOO HOO!!!

I have had a look on Coles online in the Sydney area and they don't seem to have it.

If anyone finds it in the Sydney area, I will travel far to buy:) please let me know

Thanks

Welly-2-Oz Jun 21st 2010 5:07 pm

There are some Quorn products in Coles in Pyrmont (cottage pie, lasagne and sausages) but not all. Can't wait for the dippers to arrive! Has anybody found them in Sydney?

Candy Groove Jun 21st 2010 6:20 pm

They had the whole selection in Coles in Hornsby today :thumbup:

yes, even the dippers if you fancy a trek out there!

I've not told my kids yet - going to cook some for dinner and suprise them :) They're not expecting it because Coles sent me an email saying it was the 21st July not June!

ukecadet Jun 21st 2010 6:35 pm

Is Prince Philip going to be coming as-well?

Jen1977ni Jun 21st 2010 7:06 pm

My local Coles has them all too, so that's two stores I've found stocking it all! I wonder when Woolies will follow suit!? It is a bit expensive though at $5.99 but I guess that's the price one has to pay for quality and taste, YUM YUM!!!:thumbup:

ozzieeagle Jun 21st 2010 7:29 pm

Blimey.... I dont partake, but the two Daughters I have living at home would love to. I guess the Missus would give it a go as well. Oldest Daughter wouldnt even know what it is... the Youngest only tried it on holiday, but she gave it the thumbs up.

I guess I'll have to go have a wander up to the Local Coles.... So Coles carries more variety than Woolworths correct ?

Jen1977ni Jun 21st 2010 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 8648032)
Blimey.... I dont partake, but the two Daughters I have living at home would love to. I guess the Missus would give it a go as well. Oldest Daughter wouldnt even know what it is... the Youngest only tried it on holiday, but she gave it the thumbs up.

I guess I'll have to go have a wander up to the Local Coles.... So Coles carries more variety than Woolworths correct ?

I haven't checked Woolies to see if they're stocking it yet...

mark 'n' joe Jun 21st 2010 10:36 pm

Yay, going to check out Coles and Woollies tomorrow, quorn curry yuummmm :thumbup:

Jen1977ni Jun 21st 2010 10:40 pm

Quorn sausage butties are the best mmmmm

RedT Jun 21st 2010 10:49 pm

Mmmmm! The canteen at my old work used to make Quorn sausage sammichs, on those mornings when one felt a bit 'delicate' they were the bees knees. And subsidised so about 50p :thumbsup:

Welly-2-Oz Jun 22nd 2010 11:13 am

You can find the whole range now in Coles Broadway (Sydney). I have a bag-full of dippers :thumbsup:

Centurion Jun 22nd 2010 12:43 pm

Stocks are now in a both Coles in Capalaba, Bayside Brisbane.

You can go and get the dregs of what shelves I didnt clear out if you like.

J/K they have a decent stock of everything.

mark 'n' joe Jun 22nd 2010 1:01 pm

Woollies in Cleveland havent got any :(

Will try Capalaba

Belle83 Jun 22nd 2010 2:02 pm

Saw this on ACA, but then forgot. I'm off to Woolies at lunch in Moorooka, will let you know how I go!! Yummy!!

Belle83 Jun 22nd 2010 2:46 pm

Yeah didn't have any :( Will try in the City tonight

spartacus Jun 22nd 2010 2:58 pm

Can anyone clarify the situation in Kenmore . . . Coles or Woolies, I'm not bothered?

Centurion Jun 22nd 2010 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Belle83 (Post 8650290)
Yeah didn't have any :( Will try in the City tonight

Just as a note - Coles is the only supermarket chain at present with stock. Dont bother with Woolworths.

ozzieeagle Jun 22nd 2010 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 8650322)
Just as a note - Coles is the only supermarket chain at present with stock. Dont bother with Woolworths.

I've just been and looked in Woolworths and there's this message LOL

CadburysFingers Jun 22nd 2010 6:44 pm

We went to the Belridge Coles this morning, and bought one pack of everything. So far we have eaten the sausages, they were nice, as good as I remember them in the UK, and also a pack of sausage rolls, they were disappointing to be honest. They were basically mostly pastry, with precious little quorn inside. We only ate 4 of the 6, left the other two for the children to try when they get home from school. For tea (dinner if you are posh) we are having our first chilli for over six years, again though the chilli mince is a little disappointing as there is only 300 grams in the bag, we will just make a small chilli, as in a bigger one, I suspect the mince would be lost. Still looking forwards to it though. A little perplexed they didnt ship the fillets over, we used to eat loads of them, as they tandooried and tikka'd very well. WE will have to work with whats currently here, and hope sales are good enough to convince Quorn to ship more products over, I used to love the sundried tomato sausages.

By the way all products were $ 5.99

mark 'n' joe Jun 22nd 2010 7:15 pm

Been into Coles in Cleveland and stocked up :thumbup: :)

Jen1977ni Jun 22nd 2010 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers (Post 8650619)
We went to the Belridge Coles this morning, and bought one pack of everything. So far we have eaten the sausages, they were nice, as good as I remember them in the UK, and also a pack of sausage rolls, they were disappointing to be honest. They were basically mostly pastry, with precious little quorn inside. We only ate 4 of the 6, left the other two for the children to try when they get home from school. For tea (dinner if you are posh) we are having our first chilli for over six years, again though the chilli mince is a little disappointing as there is only 280 grammes in the bag, we will just make a small chilli, as in a bigger one, I suspect the mince would be lost. Still looking forwards to it though. A little perplexed they didnt ship the fillets over, we used to eat loads of them, as they tandooried and tikka'd very well. WE will have to work with whats currently here, and hope sales are good enough to convince Quorn to ship more products over, I used to love the sundried tomato sausages.

By the way all products were $ 5.99

Expensive init...hmmmm

CadburysFingers Jun 22nd 2010 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 8650797)
Expensive init...hmmmm

When compared to stuff like fish (I do eat fish, just not meat) it stacks up pretty well, but for the portion sizes it is pretty expensive.

Shellfish Jun 22nd 2010 8:27 pm

OMG - this is the best news I have had in months!!! Has anyone found any in Melbourne??

Just out of interest, I was always told that Australia wouldn't allow Quorn because it's genetically modifed - so what's changed?

Shellfish Jun 22nd 2010 8:46 pm

Ignore my previous statement - I read on their website that it's not genetically modified.

I am almost beside myself - wondering if it's worth going to Coles now??
I haven't had it in 7 years so hope I won't be dissapointed

Jen1977ni Jun 22nd 2010 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Shellfish (Post 8650845)
Ignore my previous statement - I read on their website that it's not genetically modified.

GO GO GO, I was only without it for 4 months but by crikey it was soooo good to have it again the other day MMMMMMMM lol

Jen1977ni Jun 22nd 2010 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 8650875)
GO GO GO, I was only without it for 4 months but by crikey it was soooo good to have it again the other day MMMMMMMM lol

Quorn that is :p

RedT Jun 22nd 2010 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by Shellfish (Post 8650845)

I think they were having problems as it's bound with egg albumen and this didn't cut it with the Department of whoever monitors these things. Don't know how they got around it but am glad they did :thumbsup:(or at least I will be glad when I finally bloody move!)

Welly-2-Oz Jun 28th 2010 2:28 pm

In the 3 packages of Quorn dippers I've opened so far there were only 13 dippers (should be 14).

Anyone else had the same experience?

If this is a general trend, someone is making an extra 7% profit :thumbdown:

Jen1977ni Jun 28th 2010 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Welly-2-Oz (Post 8664300)
In the 3 packages of Quorn dippers I've opened so far there were only 13 dippers (should be 14).

Write/phone them! I haven't had the dippers over here yet...

spartacus Jun 28th 2010 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Welly-2-Oz (Post 8664300)

Those robbing Quornish barstewards!

Do you think perhaps they're sending all of their 'seconds' over to the colonies?

Perthforme Jun 28th 2010 5:17 pm

1 Attachment(s)
I didneeeee have Quorn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roamer25 Jul 2nd 2010 1:47 pm

Stocked up on Quorn in cole's in the Pilbara! Amazing stuff!
So much better than that Veggie Delight crap.
And so much less fat! :D

petensue Jul 2nd 2010 2:16 pm

Had a really good day yesterday:)My daughter won a days hire of a bouncy castle,asked a neighbour to turn his music down a bit(outdoor speaker right next to the bedrooms)not only he did but he moved the speaker.Then went to Woolworths and found some Quorn stuff when I was not looking for it I just saw the meat free label and realised it was Quorn:D.Sue

Sherlock Holmes Jul 2nd 2010 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by spartacus (Post 8664369)
Those robbing Quornish barstewards!

Do you think perhaps they're sending all of their 'seconds' over to the colonies?

I think it was Cornish Pirates actually.

Nikki.P Jul 2nd 2010 10:52 pm

Woohooooo, finally found Quorn in my local coles and more than a wee bit excited. Had the sausages last night and stocked up on pieces, strips and schnitzels. At long last some decent veggie food.