Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Quorn is coming to Australia - WOO HOO!!!

Quorn is coming to Australia - WOO HOO!!!

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 2:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quorn is coming to Australia - WOO HOO!!!

Can anyone clarify the situation in Kenmore . . . Coles or Woolies, I'm not bothered?
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:03 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Belle83
Yeah didn't have any Will try in the City tonight
Just as a note - Coles is the only supermarket chain at present with stock. Dont bother with Woolworths.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Just as a note - Coles is the only supermarket chain at present with stock. Dont bother with Woolworths.
I've just been and looked in Woolworths and there's this message LOL
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 6:44 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

We went to the Belridge Coles this morning, and bought one pack of everything. So far we have eaten the sausages, they were nice, as good as I remember them in the UK, and also a pack of sausage rolls, they were disappointing to be honest. They were basically mostly pastry, with precious little quorn inside. We only ate 4 of the 6, left the other two for the children to try when they get home from school. For tea (dinner if you are posh) we are having our first chilli for over six years, again though the chilli mince is a little disappointing as there is only 300 grams in the bag, we will just make a small chilli, as in a bigger one, I suspect the mince would be lost. Still looking forwards to it though. A little perplexed they didnt ship the fillets over, we used to eat loads of them, as they tandooried and tikka'd very well. WE will have to work with whats currently here, and hope sales are good enough to convince Quorn to ship more products over, I used to love the sundried tomato sausages.

By the way all products were $ 5.99

Last edited by CadburysFingers; Jun 23rd 2010 at 8:20 am. Reason: put wrong measurement for Quorn changed 280 to 300
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:15 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Been into Coles in Cleveland and stocked up
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 8:19 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
We went to the Belridge Coles this morning, and bought one pack of everything. So far we have eaten the sausages, they were nice, as good as I remember them in the UK, and also a pack of sausage rolls, they were disappointing to be honest. They were basically mostly pastry, with precious little quorn inside. We only ate 4 of the 6, left the other two for the children to try when they get home from school. For tea (dinner if you are posh) we are having our first chilli for over six years, again though the chilli mince is a little disappointing as there is only 280 grammes in the bag, we will just make a small chilli, as in a bigger one, I suspect the mince would be lost. Still looking forwards to it though. A little perplexed they didnt ship the fillets over, we used to eat loads of them, as they tandooried and tikka'd very well. WE will have to work with whats currently here, and hope sales are good enough to convince Quorn to ship more products over, I used to love the sundried tomato sausages.

By the way all products were $ 5.99
Expensive init...hmmmm
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 8:21 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Expensive init...hmmmm
When compared to stuff like fish (I do eat fish, just not meat) it stacks up pretty well, but for the portion sizes it is pretty expensive.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

OMG - this is the best news I have had in months!!! Has anyone found any in Melbourne??

Just out of interest, I was always told that Australia wouldn't allow Quorn because it's genetically modifed - so what's changed?
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Ignore my previous statement - I read on their website that it's not genetically modified.

I am almost beside myself - wondering if it's worth going to Coles now??
I haven't had it in 7 years so hope I won't be dissapointed
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:05 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shellfish
Ignore my previous statement - I read on their website that it's not genetically modified.

GO GO GO, I was only without it for 4 months but by crikey it was soooo good to have it again the other day MMMMMMMM lol
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:33 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
GO GO GO, I was only without it for 4 months but by crikey it was soooo good to have it again the other day MMMMMMMM lol
Quorn that is
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 10:30 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shellfish

I think they were having problems as it's bound with egg albumen and this didn't cut it with the Department of whoever monitors these things. Don't know how they got around it but am glad they did (or at least I will be glad when I finally bloody move!)
Old Jun 29th 2010, 2:28 am
Just Joined

Welly-2-Oz is an unknown quantity at this point

In the 3 packages of Quorn dippers I've opened so far there were only 13 dippers (should be 14).

Anyone else had the same experience?

If this is a general trend, someone is making an extra 7% profit
Old Jun 29th 2010, 2:34 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Welly-2-Oz
In the 3 packages of Quorn dippers I've opened so far there were only 13 dippers (should be 14).

Write/phone them! I haven't had the dippers over here yet...
Old Jun 29th 2010, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welly-2-Oz

Those robbing Quornish barstewards!

Do you think perhaps they're sending all of their 'seconds' over to the colonies?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.