Quorn

Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:26 pm
JinViv

rkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nice
Default Quorn

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to buy quorn in Oz? I asked the girl at the healthfood shop and looked at me like I was from another planet

Thanks.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Quorn

Originally Posted by rkh001
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to buy quorn in Oz? I asked the girl at the healthfood shop and looked at me like I was from another planet

Thanks.
But......Why would you want to?
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

No you can't. I tried contacting the company and was told they had no plans to expand into Australia. I really miss it. As we have one veggie in a family of meatasaurus it was really convenient to make the same dish for everyone and just pop quorn in one pan and meat in another.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:01 pm
JinViv

rkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nicerkh001 is just really nice

Originally Posted by windog
But......Why would you want to?
Because I am vegetarian...
Old Jul 19th 2007, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Because I am vegetarian...
No you cant get it here.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

I also miss quorn. I'm a meat eater, but preferred Quorn burgers to meat ones.
J
Old Jul 19th 2007, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

DCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really nice

I haven't seen Quorn, but there's a good quuorn substitue called 'Meat' that you can find at most butcher's/supermarkets.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
No you can't. But a bit of trial and error with alternatives will help you get close. FWIW the Veggie Delight (green Packet) BBQ sausages are good, the Vege (sp) Delight (red packet) bacon rashers are good. Veggie Delight mince is ok-ish. Health food shops have a lot of dried TVP which is a useful additional to spag bol etc. The revelation over here is the variety of tofu and other beancurd products in supermarkets and oriental grocers - if you can cook and have a wok you won't starve. A good quick intro is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tofu

Have fun

Mark
Old Jul 19th 2007, 3:04 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

You can get natural quorn here, it is called mushrooms.
Quorn is to mushroom as chicken nugget is to chicken.

Very clever marketing

Andrew
Old Jul 19th 2007, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mbike
No you can't. But a bit of trial and error with alternatives will help you get close. FWIW the Veggie Delight (green Packet) BBQ sausages are good, the Vege (sp) Delight (red packet) bacon rashers are good. Veggie Delight mince is ok-ish. Health food shops have a lot of dried TVP which is a useful additional to spag bol etc. The revelation over here is the variety of tofu and other beancurd products in supermarkets and oriental grocers - if you can cook and have a wok you won't starve. A good quick intro is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tofu

Have fun

Mark
If you're a veggie (or not) & eating all the sausages etc - so many of them contain all sorts of cack.
All the veggies out there, purley for my own interest - would you say you are health conscious & take a note of how processed the food you eat is?
Also, make sure any tofu is organic and so gm/ge free
Old Jul 19th 2007, 8:53 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

There is stuff for sale in Coles and Wollies that is the closest I've come across. Its made by a company called Sanitarium (used to get them in Holland and Germany too). Things like the mince substitute, saussies, that kind of thing.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 9:59 am
JinViv

Thanks everyone.

Jin
Old Jul 19th 2007, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
If you're a veggie (or not) & eating all the sausages etc - so many of them contain all sorts of cack.
All the veggies out there, purley for my own interest - would you say you are health conscious & take a note of how processed the food you eat is?
Also, make sure any tofu is organic and so gm/ge free
Hi,

We don't really eat many of the sausages and things, I was just helping out the respondant. We tend to buy as much organic as we can realistically source - which uses involves a weekly trip to Peaches in South Freo. We are not vegetarians but simply don't eat meat, so we have a great selection of fish on offer here compared to the UK. (Anyone in Perth who wants to see how good the fish is should go to SeaFresh in Innaloo). We also always buy organic or bio-dynamic tofu and tempeh (Tally-ho brand I think)

Mark
Old Jul 19th 2007, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I don't think Quorn is as popular now as what is was even in the UK.

Never seen it in OZ.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:25 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by andrew63
You can get natural quorn here, it is called mushrooms.
Quorn is to mushroom as chicken nugget is to chicken.

Very clever marketing

Andrew
Contrary to popular belief Quorn isnt made from mushrooms, it is a naturally occuring mold grown in huge vats, and is actually a microprotien. Indeed one scientist famously said about quorn "Mycoprotein is as close to mushrooms as human beings are to jellyfish,"

Sadly its not available over here, but there are some good alternatives, some bloody poor ones too, its a matter of trying them and seeing which one you prefer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.