Reload this Page >

Quit smoking for Oz

Quit smoking for Oz

Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

wmh76 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Quit smoking for Oz

Hi!

I am a new non-smoker!! I am on day 10! Using Nicorette patches which I think are truly fantastic!! I have no cravings for cigarettes whatsoever, just occasional times in the day, I feel at a bit of a loose end, like I should be just nipping out for a quick smoke! But I have also stopped drinking coffee as I always smoked after making a coffee!! I have also taken up drawing again, one of my childhood passions, which helps keep my hands busy!!!!

Good luck to everyone else trying!! Well done to everyone who has succeeded!!

I don't like people telling me to give up when most of those people have never smoked themselves!! It is hard!!!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:23 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmh76
Hi!

I am a new non-smoker!! I am on day 10! Using Nicorette patches which I think are truly fantastic!! I have no cravings for cigarettes whatsoever, just occasional times in the day, I feel at a bit of a loose end, like I should be just nipping out for a quick smoke! But I have also stopped drinking coffee as I always smoked after making a coffee!! I have also taken up drawing again, one of my childhood passions, which helps keep my hands busy!!!!

Good luck to everyone else trying!! Well done to everyone who has succeeded!!

I don't like people telling me to give up when most of those people have never smoked themselves!! It is hard!!!

Hi and welcome to the clean smelling fresh breath richer non smoking club,there are a few of us all at different stages but all really want to give up!!
Keep us posted on how you are getting on and scream on here if you have a bad day we all attempt to support each other!

Keep it up

Kris xx
Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

wmh76 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Hi and welcome to the clean smelling fresh breath richer non smoking club,there are a few of us all at different stages but all really want to give up!!
Keep us posted on how you are getting on and scream on here if you have a bad day we all attempt to support each other!

Keep it up

Kris xx

Hi, thanks a lot, it's great to read everyone else's comments, it can feel sometimes like you are the only person on earth that is going through the sheer hell of trying to quit!! My fiance was dreading my quit day, cos I usually turn into a complete cow without nicotine. I tried my hardest to smile at everything for the first couple of days just to show willing, even though I really didn't think i would be able to stick to not lighting up again!! He is now wondering how i'm finding it easier this time round, probably thinks i'm sneakily buying fags while he's at work!! But I have also read one of Allan Carr's books (2 years ago!) and even though i started smoking again after a few months of not, you never forget some of the quotes in the book and if you really want to stop, YOU WILL!!!

Wend xx
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

All is well in the land of non smokers, saved over £100 so far - more money for the OZ pot...
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sunflower7
All is well in the land of non smokers, saved over £100 so far - more money for the OZ pot...
day 23 today and all is well, hope all of you are well too. Andy
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by flapsterhp
day 23 today and all is well, hope all of you are well too. Andy
Nice one Andy, its becoming so much easier in time, although off out to wedding next week. Oooh the dreaded alcohol again. 'Must Be Strong' 'Must be Strong' will be my mantra..

Keep it up
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sunflower7
Nice one Andy, its becoming so much easier in time, although off out to wedding next week. Oooh the dreaded alcohol again. 'Must Be Strong' 'Must be Strong' will be my mantra..

Keep it up
You'll be fine, just think fresh breath, unstained teeth, coughing without choking and all the other thousands of reasons why you DON'T WANT A FAG!!!! you know it makes sense. Andy
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:56 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Wehey my breath is still fresh almost 5 weeks and hardly think of it at all!!

Well done wend I think Alan Carrs book deffo helps hard to explain to other smokers how it works but does if you want it too!!

Sunflower be good at that wedding just think of how manky your mouth will feel when you wake up the next day if you gave in ! Although must admit alcoholm is the worst!! Hangovers are not as bad though when you havent smoked loads!!

Andy you are doing good Wehey!!

We are Great!!

Kris xx
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

davykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud of

Hi guys

well still here 28 days later (i think) but who cares as i still havent had a fag i have even come off the patches and dont even feel like putting one on still get the odd craving but feel i can control them without the need of a patch so feeling really good with myself.

welcome new non smokers and good luck

I deffo will NOT be joining any stop drinking threads (LOL)
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 5:37 pm
Happy Member

Originally Posted by davykaz
Hi guys

well still here 28 days later (i think) but who cares as i still havent had a fag i have even come off the patches and dont even feel like putting one on still get the odd craving but feel i can control them without the need of a patch so feeling really good with myself.

Well done

No Alcohol thread but i may have to join the dieters for Oz one!!
Sitting eating a HUGE bowl of fruit as we speak
Never mind at least i dont stink!!

Kris xx
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by davykaz
Hi guys

Right on, 26 days for me (i think) and I'm feeling good. Still get the odd sudden urge to have a puff every now and again, but NO i say to myself and thats it. Good to hear the rest of you are all doing so well. Don't know about the rest of you but to me it seems to have gone so quick, day 1, 2 then nearly a month. Anyway I am waffling so thats it. Andy
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 8:15 pm
"Whats That In Pounds?"

PIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Thought id start this thread for those of us that are giving up ,given up or would like to give up!!
I thought about quitting but then I moved out here where fags are cheaper and come in 'packs of 50' so that was that!!! Good luck to those of you giving it up, but for me and I hate to say it, I enjoy it too much!

:-Dave
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 8:55 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Gave smoking up nearly 3 years ago, cold turkey. Best thing I ever did.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hey non smoking people of the forum, how the hell is it going. Not counting in days anymore but weeks!! Tomorrow will be 6 weeks and am I proud of myself? Bloody right I am. Andy
Old Nov 7th 2005, 5:40 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by flapsterhp
Hey non smoking people of the forum, how the hell is it going. Not counting in days anymore but weeks!! Tomorrow will be 6 weeks and am I proud of myself? Bloody right I am. Andy

I guess you deserve to be called a non smoker now Andy, well done & so you should be proud of yourself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.