Quinns Rocks

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 5:49 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light
Default Quinns Rocks

Hi all,

Have just found out about a place called Quinns Rocks, anyone have any info on this area? I read that its 5mins drive from Clarkson where there are shops, schools, nursery etc. and the housing seems reasonably priced. Does this area have a reasonable reputation? And, realistically, is it out on its own? I know its about 40km from Perth. Like the look because it has a beach there

Any info would be appreciated

Bex x
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:14 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quinns Rocks

I like Quinns but it does have a reputation for being rough though as do its neighbouring suburbs of Clarkson and Merriwa.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:20 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

We rented in Quinns ... nice and close to the beach, kids liked the school, not far to the train / shops. But there was alot of hooning and we had someone sneak in while we were watching telly and steal from us, so we were glad to see the back of there tbh
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:02 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sel
We rented in Quinns ... nice and close to the beach, kids liked the school, not far to the train / shops. But there was alot of hooning and we had someone sneak in while we were watching telly and steal from us, so we were glad to see the back of there tbh
Whats 'hooning'? Where are you living now? Any suggestions on a good area for a young family......our budget is $450,000max.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:15 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Whats 'hooning'? Where are you living now? Any suggestions on a good area for a young family......our budget is $450,000max.
Hooning is when kids screech around the streets in their car doing burnouts and donuts etc. Heard it alot more than actually seeing it.

We went alot further north up by Guilderton and its fab. My OH works in the city but it is an easy commute for him.

Cant give any advice on other areas as have only lived in Quinns and have lost track of the house prices but if you are open to living outside of suburbia I would be happy to tell you more about schools, life etc where we are.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Hi all,

Have just found out about a place called Quinns Rocks, anyone have any info on this area? I read that its 5mins drive from Clarkson where there are shops, schools, nursery etc. and the housing seems reasonably priced. Does this area have a reasonable reputation? And, realistically, is it out on its own? I know its about 40km from Perth. Like the look because it has a beach there

Any info would be appreciated

Bex x
Hi we live a few mins away from Quinns rocks and it fine ! not sure about schools as our daughter goes to Butler primary, which isnt far from there. The beach there is lovely and IMO is a great place to buy.
Hooning happens everywhere even in the so called posher suburbs like Ocean Reef & surrounding areas ! I have friends who live in Clarkson/ Somerly & Merriwa and they would certainly not class where they live as rough ! We live in Ridgewood which is close to all these areas and are very happy here

Nicky
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

We live in Ridgewood which is close to all these areas and are very happy here

Nicky[/QUOTE]

I thought Ridgewood was a bit rough as well!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
We live in Ridgewood which is close to all these areas and are very happy here

Nicky

I thought Ridgewood was a bit rough as well!!![/QUOTE]

Nah Sandra ! Youre thinking of Kinross, ( all the riff raff live there )

Nicky
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Hi we live a few mins away from Quinns rocks and it fine ! not sure about schools as our daughter goes to Butler primary, which isnt far from there. The beach there is lovely and IMO is a great place to buy.
Hooning happens everywhere even in the so called posher suburbs like Ocean Reef & surrounding areas ! I have friends who live in Clarkson/ Somerly & Merriwa and they would certainly not class where they live as rough ! We live in Ridgewood which is close to all these areas and are very happy here

Nicky
Hiya, we arent there yet but when we go we were hoping to get the children into butler primary, how far out do they allow you to be before turning you down? i went and spoke to the receptionist back in March and she said you had to have proof that you were in Butler.

nickie
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
Hiya, we arent there yet but when we go we were hoping to get the children into butler primary, how far out do they allow you to be before turning you down? i went and spoke to the receptionist back in March and she said you had to have proof that you were in Butler.

nickie

Hi Nickie

We rented in Butler first, so got her into school then ! We then moved after 4 months. There is now another school in Butler called East Butler primary ( which is also a very good school ) So with a lot more places now they might be a bit more flexilble !

Nicky
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:27 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev

nickie
With some schools, particularly the popular ones they won't take any out of catchment as the school is full enough with in catchment kids. If you want your kids to go there then you will have to be in catchment, simple as that. If you are not then you can apply but they don't have to to take you.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Nah Sandra ! Youre thinking of Kinross, ( all the riff raff live there )

Nicky [/QUOTE]

Think you are getting a bit confused..............must have been all that walking you did today!! Kinross is for the posher people!!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I like Quinns but it does have a reputation for being rough though as do its neighbouring suburbs of Clarkson and Merriwa.
Seconded. I lived there for 6 months and hated it. There are some real nutters around there [I managed to be threatened twice for 'looking at someone' at the Petrol Station] and there is a hoon problem. Clarkson High School also has a very bad rap [and that's from teachers]. Quinns looks nice enough, but I wouldn't live there again. Also, as renth points out, some of the surrounding suburbs do not have the best of reputations [I'm sure if you live in those suburbs they are fantastic but opinion and house prices say otherwise]. On a positive note, my daughter went to kindy at Quinns Beach Primary and it was a great little school BUT I remember being told that since we lived in Quinns Rock we were outside the catchment for Pre-primary(?) - see the previous posters about catchments.

Note that Quinns Beach is more Mindarie-like in style [lots of 2 storey houses] and is a LOT more expensive, even though its all classified as the same area.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=sel;5456377]
We went alot further north up by Guilderton and its fab. My OH works in the city but it is an easy commute for him.

QUOTE]

When you say your OH works in the city - do you mean Perth ? Or Guilderton ?
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:55 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
I guess it is your definition of easy. I used to work in Brum like him and so commuted up to 90 minutes each way on a bad day so I guess it is better than that (just). But it takes me 40 minutes to get to my office in the city at 6am and 40 minutes to get to Guilderton. So it must take him well over an hour?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.