Quickie!!!

Old Dec 17th 2008, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Default Quickie!!!

I know this might sound like a very basic question and I have just spent 20 minutes searching threads and thought it would be quicker just ask.

Whats the situation with bringing over (from the USA) electrical goods...is the power 120 or 240 volts and does the hertz make a difference???

Thanks in advance

Mark
Old Dec 17th 2008, 11:14 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of
Default Re: Quickie!!!

Originally Posted by wildmark
I know this might sound like a very basic question and I have just spent 20 minutes searching threads and thought it would be quicker just ask.

Whats the situation with bringing over (from the USA) electrical goods...is the power 120 or 240 volts and does the hertz make a difference???

Thanks in advance

Mark
It's 220V, so goods from the USA may need a voltage converter, unless they have power supplies that will handle up to 240V. The frequency is very unlikely to make any difference.

Cheers
b
Old Dec 18th 2008, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by benlast
It's 220V, so goods from the USA may need a voltage converter, unless they have power supplies that will handle up to 240V. The frequency is very unlikely to make any difference.

Cheers
b
Thanks for that!
Old Dec 18th 2008, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Have a read through here.
http://www.armory.com/~stacey/aus-us-power.html