Reload this Page >

the quickest way??

the quickest way??

Old Nov 26th 2002, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

homesickkiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile the quickest way??

Hi

Am NZer with English husband. Looking to move to Oz asap, as my husband has prospective job offer.

Is the easiest & quickest way for me to obtain:

Skilled Migration for NZ Citizen visa
and get my husband in on NZ Citizen's Family Member visa. Is this possible? Is he free to work on this visa??

Any help appreciated
Old Nov 26th 2002, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

sophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant future

If speed is the issue just go for the NZ Citizen Family visa - that's what I'm on We had to prove our relationship plus get police and health checks, but once we got all that together it took less than a week to come through. It's valid for 5yr, taxed as resident, full work rights, renewable, and if he wants to do some studying he only pays home fees.

Alternatively, the company with the prospective job offer may be able to sponsor him for a 4 yr business visa - if not, try Geoffrey Nathan or Freespirit, as they organise this for people with 3-5yr+ experience and the ability to earn more than $25ph / $45kpa.

http://www.gnaustralia.com.au/info8.html

http://www.freespirit.com.au/visainfo.htm (scroll down)

For yourself, you don't need a visa to live and work in Australia, however if either of you want full access to Medicare you would need to get the permanent visa you mentioned and sponsor your hubby for his own permanent residency. This can be done after initial entry though, and would probably take longer than you're able to wait.

Hope this helps!

Soph
Old Nov 28th 2002, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

homesickkiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick question

Assume we would have to apply for Family Visa before arrival in OZ?

Sorry to sound so ignorant.
Old Nov 28th 2002, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

sophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant future

you don't have to, but DIMIA can get annoyed if your hubby turns up on a visitor visa when he's angling for a longer one. short-term business visas do exist for that purpose though.