Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Quickest processing time ever?

Quickest processing time ever?

Old Sep 7th 2003, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quickest processing time ever?

Hi there!

For those of you lucky enough to now be sat safely on the "Other side"! - a question - I'd love to hear what is the quickest processing time for a skilled independant visa? I know the blurb about 12 months plus, but lets hear from real people. If you reckon you had an outstandingly quick processing time, please reply and make me green with envy!!!

Leigh.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 4:43 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Quickest processing time ever?

Originally posted by steandleigh
Hi there!

For those of you lucky enough to now be sat safely on the "Other side"! - a question - I'd love to hear what is the quickest processing time for a skilled independant visa? I know the blurb about 12 months plus, but lets hear from real people. If you reckon you had an outstandingly quick processing time, please reply and make me green with envy!!!

Leigh.

Not sure its quick but from start to finish of main application not skills assessment (3 weeks vetassess) 26th Nov - 18th June just short of 7 months.

Have you been to www.austimeline.com? you can easily search and look at what stage people are at.

Jo
Old Sep 7th 2003, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Burnsy74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Main application submitted 15 Dec 2002, Visa Issued 7th June 2003.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

If you apply between January and June they seem to process them a lot quicker. The end of their year is June and they rush them out to get their figures up!!

In June this year some people said they got theirs in about 3 months. I am sure one person sent theirs off and got the med/police request nearly straight away!!

We were happy with our time. Sent off end of October got end of May - 7 months.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Oh dear - mine was a slowie - main application 21 May 2002 visa granted 15 August 2003
Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

applied beginning of april 2003 got visa beginning june 2003..

that included 2 letters from adelaide requesting more info..!!

cheers

richard
Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Times...

Thanks folks for the info. Now all I have to worry about is what teabags to take with me...

Best wishes, Leigh.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Re: Times...

Thanks folks for the info. Now all I have to worry about is what teabags to take with me...

Best wishes, Leigh.
Yep get back to the important issues will you. Sod the visa time get researching the foods available!!!!
Old Sep 7th 2003, 8:25 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

10 days for NZ,but that did include a weekend
Old Sep 7th 2003, 9:09 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Hi leigh,

(this is spooky)

i'm not on the other side yet, but i have been paying a lot of attention to austineline.com. I'm about to send off my skills assessment to TRA, and have been trying to work out how long this and the visa application will take.

What everyone here seemed to be saying was that the visa application alone could take (on average) 50 weeks. Looking at austimeline, the most recent visas to be granted to skilled independents in the UK seemed to be coming back within 4 months and some within 3!

Reading the posts here, that might be explained by the jan to jun window as tina suggests. However it's one hellovan end of year push from 50 weeks to 16!

Hopefully my visa will be ready to send off jan time next year. I got a cold shudder thinking i could be on my way to auz in april! (i doubt it though)

We can only sit here and wait, we have no control and we have no influence.

Good luck anyway!

Leigh (see spooky, i've never met another one. )
Old Sep 8th 2003, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Only a 15-week wait for us, we applied when IT was being fast-tracked, and count ourselves very lucky. It was bad enough being in limbo for that short time, I can't begin to imagine what it must be like waiting a year or more.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 6:46 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by Jacqui
Only a 15-week wait for us, we applied when IT was being fast-tracked, and count ourselves very lucky. It was bad enough being in limbo for that short time, I can't begin to imagine what it must be like waiting a year or more.
... you are lucky. I nearly did the same a few years back when IT was in demind, but decided against it. I've been regretting it ever since.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quickest processing time ever?

Took 18 Months back in the olden days when London did them...applied Sept 01, got it Feb 03

Mash

Hi there!

Leigh.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by scutterUK
Hi leigh,

(this is spooky)

i'm not on the other side yet, but i have been paying a lot of attention to austineline.com. I'm about to send off my skills assessment to TRA, and have been trying to work out how long this and the visa application will take.

What everyone here seemed to be saying was that the visa application alone could take (on average) 50 weeks. Looking at austimeline, the most recent visas to be granted to skilled independents in the UK seemed to be coming back within 4 months and some within 3!

Reading the posts here, that might be explained by the jan to jun window as tina suggests. However it's one hellovan end of year push from 50 weeks to 16!

Hopefully my visa will be ready to send off jan time next year. I got a cold shudder thinking i could be on my way to auz in april! (i doubt it though)

We can only sit here and wait, we have no control and we have no influence.

Good luck anyway!

Leigh (see spooky, i've never met another one. )

Hi scutterU.K/Leigh - yeah, it IS spooky!!!

Just sent off our TRA, trying to relax about the whole thing but I'm not very patient I'm afraid. I suppose I'll have to learn to be!
I think adopting a " what will be, will be " attitude is the best bet - for now at least. Are you on the timeline as Scutter? Will watch your progress!

Best wishes, Leigh.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by scutterUK
... you are lucky. I nearly did the same a few years back when IT was in demind, but decided against it. I've been regretting it ever since.

applied under 139 skilled designated area sponsored and i am a nurse (supposdly in demand) 2 months ago, havnt heard anything apart from acknowledgment

will give them a gentle nudge in the next couple of months

arlene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.